SOUL by Ludacris Headphones...
Jan 10, 2011 at 9:13 AM Post #46 of 110
Dr. Dre simply stated that he released the Beats because he didn't think people were listening to music properly.Apparently a century on development in the audio department wasn't enough, and he believed he was the Messiah of our bad-sounding headphones. So he generously released the Beats, in order to help us listen to that pure, no-midrange, muddy-bass, dead-highs, sound he so well knew.

At least Ludacris, god or not, fashionable or not, said exactly what we generally think: there are a lot of hip headphones that sound like crap, and a lot of good-sounding ones that look dull. He wants to get both. he didn't say there was no good sound until his arrival, like Dre. I seriously have a lot more confidence on this that on that carbon-fibre thing 50 is releasing, and more than on the Beats Pro.

Jan 10, 2011 at 9:35 AM Post #47 of 110

Quote:
Dr. Dre simply stated that he released the Beats because he didn't think people were listening to music properly.Apparently a century on development in the audio department wasn't enough, and he believed he was the Messiah of our bad-sounding headphones. So he generously released the Beats, in order to help us listen to that pure, no-midrange, muddy-bass, dead-highs, sound he so well knew.

At least Ludacris, god or not, fashionable or not, said exactly what we generally think: there are a lot of hip headphones that sound like crap, and a lot of good-sounding ones that look dull. He wants to get both. he didn't say there was no good sound until his arrival, like Dre. I seriously have a lot more confidence on this that on that carbon-fibre thing 50 is releasing, and more than on the Beats Pro.

I believe the Monster/Dre marketing idea was that far to many people were listening to low-fi and they wanted to make Mid-fi more popular. Something they actually succedded in doing.

Jan 10, 2011 at 9:48 AM Post #48 of 110
People hate on the Monster Beats, but they really aren't bad. They're just overpriced. They did succeed in making headphones more popular, though they took advantage of consumers... but we all know Monster by now.

Jan 10, 2011 at 9:51 AM Post #49 of 110

Quote:
People hate on the Monster Beats, but they really aren't bad. They're just overpriced. They did succeed in making headphones more popular, though they took advantage of consumers... but we all know Monster by now.

To my ears they aren't bad, at leas t the studio's weren't. The newer model( the Pro's) are fairly mediocre though. They may have taken advantage of most people who were interested in them but quiet a few have come here and gotten better sets for the money.

Jan 10, 2011 at 11:34 AM Post #50 of 110
These cans are just fashion statements, I wonder how many kids are gonna get their heads cracked for a pair?

Jan 10, 2011 at 2:23 PM Post #51 of 110
Some great quotes from justin beibers beats web page:

"The included touring case features rigid construction for enhanced construction"
what!? I...........I..I don't even

"Available in a stylish purple hue, inspired by Justin Bieber's favorite color" 
nothing need be said about this one

"To truly bring music to life the way Justin can requires premium technology"
i don't think i have enough energy to get mad at this right now

"Now constructed of super-durable and flexible material to virtually eliminate cracking and breaking"
other wise known as plastic, that almost does the job

laughable

Jan 10, 2011 at 2:45 PM Post #53 of 110

Quote:
Quote:
im holding out for tupac cans

I bet their sound is best described as "lifeless"

Thank you, I'll be here all week.  Try the veal.

theyre to die for

this could go on for a while 
deadhorse.gif

Jan 10, 2011 at 9:33 PM Post #56 of 110
What we need is a sound/studio engineer to endorse, and actually create a pair of headphones... This partially happened with Quincy Jones, who, correct me if I'm  wrong, mastered the #1 album of all time, "Thriller", but AKG botched it when all they did was a cosmetic makeover. Right now, I trust Etymotic the most. They seem to have the right idea about how to get good sound from headphones... and I certainly believe that audiologists and actual musicians know about the nature and science of sound more than any pop/rap/hiphop star.

Jan 11, 2011 at 3:26 AM Post #57 of 110
to those that need their tupac branded ear gear, wait no longer!

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Victory-Multimedia-Tupac-Shakur-In-Ear-Buds/15172719

closer inspection of the box does assure that they're ipod compatible, thank goodness!

Jan 12, 2011 at 9:49 PM Post #60 of 110

Quote:
to those that need their tupac branded ear gear, wait no longer!

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Victory-Multimedia-Tupac-Shakur-In-Ear-Buds/15172719

closer inspection of the box does assure that they're ipod compatible, thank goodness!

o god.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back