Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7
Nov 30, 2016 at 1:27 PM Post #7,717 of 9,173

Far to many unknown variables to simply conclude QC issues.

But with any Manufacturer, it can happen.

I've had my pair for over a year now and put allot of miles on them
I have exactly ZERO problems or complaints/gripes towards my Z7

Good Job Sony!

beerchug.gif

I was the buyer - cuiter23 was great to deal with by the way - but one other possible factor was that the used pair were serial number 1XX and the other (in my opinion better sounding) pair were 22XXX. That's enough of a difference that surely there could have been manufacturing changes, or even slight changes in materials, in the interim. Who knows. The first pair didn't sound bad at all, but I perceive the second pair as noticeably improved.

Anyway, I'm glad to have the Z7. They're comfortable and easy to listen to.

Nov 30, 2016 at 4:38 PM Post #7,720 of 9,173
Just to let everyone know there are QC issues with the Z7 (As far as I know).

The pair I sold to a Head-Fi'er apparently the buyer told me that he compared mine to another one and the other one sounded substantially better..... Something to think about.

Based on one recount, you make a sweeping claim, that there is a QC issue?

Nov 30, 2016 at 4:47 PM Post #7,721 of 9,173
Based on one recount, you make a sweeping claim, that there is a QC issue?

Just a PSA.

Thought it would be helpful for potential buyers to take note of. There are QC issues with any electronics product, some more than others. Seems like the Z7 is built well. Just a one off instance. Perhaps i should have reworded my initial post.

Nov 30, 2016 at 5:54 PM Post #7,723 of 9,173
Seems ? Z7 is built like a tank....unless we are talking about manufacturer defects. The build quality is top notch from engineering and designing POV......it never squeal or creak

^ This ^

I'd say it's more likely his pair of Z7 where not properly broken in yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back