Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7
Sep 27, 2016 at 11:32 AM Post #7,562 of 9,173
Nice cables ! What materials ? Just kinda wondering about your taste
smily_headphones1.gif

Forza AudioWorks Noir HPC Mk2 is:
- Highest purity, 8 strands of 26AWG cryo 7N UPOCC copper wire in Litz geometry and PE insulation. Best of the best in terms of copper conductors.
- Mk2 design: Improved flexibility, anti-oxidation coating (no more green copper oxide on your wire!), more robust sleeving and what is the most important - superior SQ
- Proprietary 4x2 geometry for superior EMI reduction and reduced stereo crosstalk without the need for bulky screening braid altering ergonomics of cable.
- Pleasant to use thanks to custom formulated PE insulation, 56 individual strands in 7 groups in Litz geometry. With addition of our proprietary braid the cable is pure pleasure to use both at home and on the go.
- Standard Viablue or exquisite, black, CNC aluminum splitter with laser engraved Forza AudioWorks logo. The choice is yours…
- Built like a tank, 100% handmade in Poland with meticulous care and proudly covered by 3-year warranty.

It is pure copper to make the Z7/ZX1 a little warmer, LOL. But winter is coming, so warm sound might help.

Btw, if I get hold of the Japanese paper that is used in the MDR-Z1R I might give modding the Z7 a try.

Sep 27, 2016 at 11:36 AM Post #7,563 of 9,173
- Highest purity, 8 strands of 26AWG cryo 7N UPOCC copper wire in Litz geometry and PE insulation. Best of the best in terms of copper conductors.
- Mk2 design: Improved flexibility, anti-oxidation coating (no more green copper oxide on your wire!), more robust sleeving and what is the most important - superior SQ
- Proprietary 4x2 geometry for superior EMI reduction and reduced stereo crosstalk without the need for bulky screening braid altering ergonomics of cable.
- Pleasant to use thanks to custom formulated PE insulation, 56 individual strands in 7 groups in Litz geometry. With addition of our proprietary braid the cable is pure pleasure to use both at home and on the go.
- Standard Viablue or exquisite, black, CNC aluminum splitter with laser engraved Forza AudioWorks logo. The choice is yours…
- Built like a tank, 100% handmade in Poland with meticulous care and proudly covered by 3-year warranty.

It is pure copper to make the Z7/ZX1 a little warmer, LOL. But winter is coming, so warm sound might help.

Btw, if I get hold of the Japanese paper that is used in the MDR-Z1R I might give modding the Z7 a try.

Nice choice of cables :) you love Warmth. Try the NW-WM1Z Walkman hehehe.

Sep 27, 2016 at 11:41 AM Post #7,564 of 9,173
Nice choice of cables
smily_headphones1.gif
you love Warmth. Try the NW-WM1Z Walkman hehehe.

​I try to avoid the golden wonder, but you know this cable can also be used with the MDR-Z1R............

Sep 27, 2016 at 11:48 AM Post #7,565 of 9,173

Washi is commonly used is audio so a quick google might turn up something.

I doubt if actual Shoji (the thing that used as doors) can be used, since it's kind of thick and very firm... though you can try.

Sep 27, 2016 at 1:53 PM Post #7,567 of 9,173
Oct 1, 2016 at 12:16 AM Post #7,568 of 9,173
Selling my beloved Z7. Practically brand new. Feel free to PM me if anyone interested!

Oct 1, 2016 at 11:51 AM Post #7,571 of 9,173
Do they make a pure silver cable ? I did look but did not see one, just want to make sure .

Not per default, but you can ask them, maybe they can customize one for you.
You can also post in this thread:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/661441/forza-audioworks-impressions-thread/1260#post_12896578
The owner of forza is active there.

Oct 1, 2016 at 4:03 PM Post #7,572 of 9,173

why selling them? didn't like the sound?

Don't get me wrong, I love the Z7 sound. I am a big fan of the Sony house sound. Only reason for sale is that I am a student and I am rarely in my room where my Z7 stays. I end up using IEMs daily and barely have a chance to sit down and properly enjoy the Z7. The sale is for me to fund a new DAP and new CIEMs.

Oct 1, 2016 at 4:42 PM Post #7,573 of 9,173
Don't get me wrong, I love the Z7 sound. I am a big fan of the Sony house sound. Only reason for sale is that I am a student and I am rarely in my room where my Z7 stays. I end up using IEMs daily and barely have a chance to sit down and properly enjoy the Z7. The sale is for me to fund a new DAP and new CIEMs.

There you go, Walkman NW-WM1Z is the way to go :)!

Oct 1, 2016 at 4:56 PM Post #7,574 of 9,173
There you go, Walkman NW-WM1Z is the way to go
smily_headphones1.gif
!

hmm... maybe a company that doesn't start with an "S" but rather an "A".

Take a wild guess!

Oct 1, 2016 at 5:38 PM Post #7,575 of 9,173
hmm... maybe a company that doesn't start with an "S" but rather an "A".

Take a wild guess!

A friend of mine had the original AK dap. After listening to and using my ZX1 for some time he sold the AK and the Pono and got himself a ZX1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back