Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7
Aug 24, 2014 at 10:48 AM Post #151 of 9,173
Aug 25, 2014 at 6:35 AM Post #155 of 9,173
As far as I know only the niche audiophile market even recognizes them as a legitimate brand.
I rarely see consumers with Sony equipment.

The sarkasm-meter just exploded.

No, I meant the portable high rez department. At least I did not expect Sony to releas a portable headphone amp/dac annualy.

Aug 25, 2014 at 1:05 PM Post #157 of 9,173
Hi guys.

Does anyone know if the pha-1 can be charged and used as a iPod DAC at the same time?
Not charged by my iPad (i guess thats a straight no)
But i heard that some people are not happy with its battery power so if i can connect to a external pack at the same time it would be perfect.

Thanks!
atsmile.gif

Aug 25, 2014 at 1:54 PM Post #158 of 9,173
One thing about Sony... they sure know how to make headphones that is comfy and feels great in your hands at the same time. Please do ignore PFR-V1. :p

Aug 25, 2014 at 3:09 PM Post #159 of 9,173
  A bit too serious IMO. Bringing out new models every 10 months, I think (def. less than a year)
Looks like it has optical in too.

man it looks even better than the older models!

Well, I like the progress, but what I do not like is the fact, that I bought the PHA-2 and there is already talk about the PHA-3. When I am ready about to buy the PHA-3, the PHA-4 will be out.

However, you are right, the design looks nice.

Aug 25, 2014 at 3:14 PM Post #160 of 9,173
  Hi guys.

Does anyone know if the pha-1 can be charged and used as a iPod DAC at the same time?
Not charged by my iPad (i guess thats a straight no)
But i heard that some people are not happy with its battery power so if i can connect to a external pack at the same time it would be perfect.

Thanks!
atsmile.gif

Yes, you can charge and play a pha-1 at the same time.

Aug 29, 2014 at 3:21 PM Post #164 of 9,173
As far as I know only the niche audiophile market even recognizes them as a legitimate brand.
I rarely see consumers with Sony equipment.

I agree with you on audiophile grade equipment not being hi end, they are quite not there yet as they are more in focus with lower tier consumer goods (the mass market makes more $$$). lol they dont care as long as business is good.

As for consumers not having sony equipment I have to disagree with you on this one, people dont usually just let anyone into their homes just to show off their stuff, and when you say sony equipment are you just referring to headphones and audio related hardware only? how about TVs, theather systems, speakers, mobilephones, cameras and game consoles <-- this!, especially this in Asia. Sony's global market value didn't rise because its bad at producing consumer goods.
rolleyes.gif
Or how about studio equipment? btw I see so many people using those XB series headphones here in my country, tried it and hated it. lol

Your statment reminded me (while I was still in college) of someone saying something like "Mistubishi isn't a legit brand they dont have anything note worthy", then this german exchange stundent answers "maybe you should research who builds some of the best class of destroyers in service right now, including some US destoryers and the majority of military gear being deployed in Japan".

If its open back, and is really good or far better than my X1 then I might get tempted.
atsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back