Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5
Sep 19, 2015 at 7:02 AM Post #2,388 of 5,804
Sep 19, 2015 at 8:14 AM Post #2,389 of 5,804
Huge fan of Z5 and A3, but one thing these are not is neutral

Overall they don't sound neutral, its they are v-shaped sounding but the mids sounds really neutral that's what i'm trying to say (not good at explaining 
redface.gif
)

Sep 19, 2015 at 8:52 AM Post #2,390 of 5,804

Nice review mate, btw i agree with them sounding neutral. The special thing bout the A3 & Z5 is they sound really neutral & uncolored although they are v-shaped sounding earphones with deep bass and bright highs.

Wait, what?  You're contradicting yourself there, mate.  That's like saying blue is red.

I noted the same V-shaped sounds neutral: maybe he refers they have deeper bass but it doesn't leak into mids and that highs feels more relaxed, i found H3 the ones to be really V-Shaped, boomy bass leaking into mids and shrill highs

Some update, yesterday i was wooed by the A3's signature, i listened to the Anna Magdalena Bach buchlein and it featured an organ piece, i never heard it actually started with powerful reeds, not even with H3's (organs have different registers) and the bass kicked really deep & hard on those bass pipes, while highs and mids were standing out coherently, sadly was studio recorded or so that it really didn't had so much soundstage

Sep 19, 2015 at 9:02 AM Post #2,391 of 5,804

Quote:
gerelmx1986 said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif  

Soundstage is bigger, yeah I like it, each instrument is separated well and distinguishable from the rest. those small naunces easily reproduced very well (after this work day with crappy $6 US dollar headphones) many people is not aware of how much details you loose with cheapie headphones.... is a great deal, boomy bass, much of the mids were gone, even voice sounds like crap in the no-name headphones that cost nothing

Those are the offending buds i was talking about

Sep 19, 2015 at 9:04 AM Post #2,392 of 5,804
I noted the same V-shaped sounds neutral: maybe he refers they have deeper bass but it doesn't leak into mids and that highs feels more relaxed, i found H3 the ones to be really V-Shaped, boomy bass leaking into mids and shrill highs
to me the H3 had more mid bass while the A3 has more sub bass.

Sep 19, 2015 at 3:27 PM Post #2,394 of 5,804

to me the H3 had more mid bass while the S3 has more sub bass.

which are the S3? you meant A3?, yes H3 have mid-bass bloat hence true what you say they have more midbass​

Sep 19, 2015 at 5:06 PM Post #2,395 of 5,804
Someone mentioned using the stock hybrid tips and not inserting them as deep finding this made them more balanced. I get this completely as I wear my pair very shallow using the large non foam hybrid tips. When I have them fit right I can barely feel them in my ears. Here is a picture of what they look like in my ears.

Sep 20, 2015 at 12:58 PM Post #2,397 of 5,804
Someone mentioned using the stock hybrid tips and not inserting them as deep finding this made them more balanced. I get this completely as I wear my pair very shallow using the large non foam hybrid tips. When I have them fit right I can barely feel them in my ears. Here is a picture of what they look like in my ears.

Dweaver got the XBA-H1's as i read on the H3 forums first few pages, how do you feel your Z5's improvement over the H1's?

I got the H3's who many said to skip LOL..... Recently purchased a set of XBA-A3's and yup, a big-leap forward in improvement of the sound over the H3's, with few Hours of burn-in i can state those have a big deep bass that pushes hard and rumbles (when needed) but without being boomy and leaking into the mids/highs. Other are of improvement with burn-in is the soundstage is opening up and getting bigger than H3's.

However i note they need a bit more of volume UP than the H3's to sound at the same volume loudness

Sep 20, 2015 at 3:07 PM Post #2,398 of 5,804

That's insane!  You don't seriously go out in public with them like that?

Sep 20, 2015 at 4:30 PM Post #2,399 of 5,804
I am a 50 year old married fat man. Looking good isn't very high up my priority list :wink:. But listening to good music is :). They actually don't look quite as bad in person versus the picture.

Sep 20, 2015 at 5:17 PM Post #2,400 of 5,804
I am a 50 year old married fat man. Looking good isn't very high up my priority list
wink.gif
. But listening to good music is
smily_headphones1.gif
. They actually don't look quite as bad in person versus the picture.

I agree Looking good / sexy Meeeh!, but listening to Good music in GOOD HEADPHONES/IEMs is a top priority. One dude at work told me i Looked like frankeinstein with my XBA-H3 ​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back