Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5
Sep 14, 2015 at 9:37 PM Post #2,357 of 5,805
  It means your package just had a pitstop.

So a Pitstop in japan? how strange i've expected that to happen on mexican customs office :D (well who know if they already are in MX being "inspected") hope they are free soon, still on time for expected amazon delivery date of september 17 so i won't panic

Sep 15, 2015 at 4:06 AM Post #2,358 of 5,805
Quote:
  well the jvc spiral dots ear tips arrived and boooo booo booo they are bad compared to the stock foam filled hybrid ear tips, what a disaster in sound they make, the treble became annyoing and the warmth of the vocals went down hill . not good at all

i do not know why with the z5 only the foam filled ones are the best other silcone ones are just trashing the sound of the z5

i hope my spinfits that will arrive soon will not be like the sprial dots tips

i think sony tested hundreds of tips more than any of us and thats why they made those hybrids as they sound the best

dam a company should come out that makes customs without the hassle of all this audiologist vists and sending molds and stuff like that

anyhow spiral dots in my book is a failure no where near the foam filled hybrids

so conclusion it was a waste of money

Hi hykhleif,

I would like to recommend you something I do for most of my IEMs, please refer picture below:

To optimize the Z5 fit comfort and isolation in my ear canals, I have inserted the M size Comply foam tips on the RHA L size stock ear tips (btw the RHA ear tips fits perfectly with the EX1000, H3 and Z5 nozzles).

I have tried on the EX1000 and H3 (Comply + RHA stock tips), SE846 (foam tips + SE846 stock grey silicone tips), Noble Audio PR (JVC Spiral Dots + foam tips) and etc.

As for the SpinFit, inserting the foam tips defeats their purpose/selling point i.e. 360 degree rotation. 

Of course my ear canals size are different from yours. You might need to go through some trial and errors to find your preferred mix and match between foam and silicone ear tips.

Good luck and hope it helps.

Cheers
SimonT. 

Sep 15, 2015 at 5:37 AM Post #2,359 of 5,805
  WHat does this entry on Japan Post EMS means? Dispatch fro Outward office of exchange

see last record on the picture
it has not changed since 11 september (the parcel of my XBA-A3)

Looks to me more like it left Japan on September 11th, and hasn't yet been taken up by your local post organisation (Mexico?)... That's what usually happens to things leaving foreign countries to Italy (my country)... Tracking is good until it leaves the dispatching country, then there's a big gap while it's in transit, then tracking picks up again once the local (import) post office receives and processes the package.

You just need to wait, methinks:wink:.

Sep 15, 2015 at 5:40 AM Post #2,360 of 5,805

Hi hykhleif,

I would like to recommend you something I do for most of my IEMs, please refer picture below:

To optimize the Z5 fit comfort and isolation in my ear canals, I have inserted the M size Comply foam tips on the RHA L size stock ear tips (btw the RHA ear tips fits perfectly with the EX1000, H3 and Z5 nozzles).

I have tried on the EX1000 and H3 (Comply + RHA stock tips), SE846 (foam tips + SE846 stock grey silicone tips), Noble Audio PR (JVC Spiral Dots + foam tips) and etc.

As for the SpinFit, inserting the foam tips defeats their purpose/selling point i.e. 360 degree rotation. 

Of course my ear canals size are different from yours. You might need to go through some trial and errors to find your preferred mix and match between foam and silicone ear tips.

Cheers
SimonT. 

I have the same cables and I can't use them. The lack of ear guides cause the z5 to droop and then the tip rubs the top of my ear canal. Kinda feels bad. 
Compared to the std cable the comfort factor is a problem. I am trying atm to find clip on ear guides so I can go back to this cable, as imo it sounds alot better than the std cable. 

Dan 

Sep 15, 2015 at 6:37 AM Post #2,361 of 5,805

Hi hykhleif,

Cheers
SimonT. 

thanks so much for the tip, I wanted to try it as i have comply foam but for my shure 846 i tried your method and it did not work because of the bore of the comply foam for shure 846 is very small . So i have the spiral dots tips which I will fill with comply foam , but which comply foam did you order ??? also did u have to remove the wax guard from the comply

thanks so much I also feel this will be a great idea

Sep 15, 2015 at 6:51 AM Post #2,362 of 5,805

I have the same cables and I can't use them. The lack of ear guides cause the z5 to droop and then the tip rubs the top of my ear canal. Kinda feels bad. 
Compared to the std cable the comfort factor is a problem. I am trying atm to find clip on ear guides so I can go back to this cable, as imo it sounds alot better than the std cable. 

Dan 

Different experience/taste of cable comfort, I guess. They are my favorite replacement/upgrade MMCX cables, so much that I bought 2 of them (1 for the H3 and 1 for the Z5).

I tried Beat Audio, Moon Audio Silver Dragon, PW Audio and other less known cables that have or do not have memory wires. 

Having said the above and spent quite a lot on cables. In my humble opinion, having a good and comfortable fit with the eartips the sound improvement/change is more noticeable.

Cheers

Sep 15, 2015 at 7:08 AM Post #2,363 of 5,805

thanks so much for the tip, I wanted to try it as i have comply foam but for my shure 846 i tried your method and it did not work because of the bore of the comply foam for shure 846 is very small . So i have the spiral dots tips which I will fill with comply foam , but which comply foam did you order ??? also did u have to remove the wax guard from the comply

thanks so much I also feel this will be a great idea

I do not want to sound like "50 shades of grey" here :p... But please refer below:

Step 1. The size of the comply foam whether it is 100/200/300/400 or 500 does not really matter
Step 2. Delicately remove the plastic core from the Comply foam tips, so that after the removal the foam tips are not damaged
Step 3. Forcibly penetrate/insert the foam tips into the silicone eartips through their tube. Nevertheless, be gentle not to rip the foam
Step 4. Use the silicone eartips and insert them through the IEMs nozzles
Step 5. Repeat the steps until you find your most desired fit and comfort (mix and match sizes of foam tips)
Step 6. Enjoy the experience :)

This is based on my personal experience, and it is the simplest and less costly way to improve/change the sound from my IEMs.

Example, the Noble Audio PR bright and analytical, and some suggest that, there is no bass on them. It is true, but after getting a tighter fit with the above mentioned steps; the PR (P mode) bass became more evident, but slightly sacrificing the sound stage width.

Cheers 

Sep 15, 2015 at 9:54 AM Post #2,364 of 5,805

WHat does this entry on Japan Post EMS means? Dispatch fro Outward office of exchange

see last record on the picture
it has not changed since 11 september (the parcel of my XBA-A3)

Looks to me more like it left Japan on September 11th, and hasn't yet been taken up by your local post organisation (Mexico?)... That's what usually happens to things leaving foreign countries to Italy (my country)... Tracking is good until it leaves the dispatching country, then there's a big gap while it's in transit, then tracking picks up again once the local (import) post office receives and processes the package.

You just need to wait, methinks:wink:.

Thanks a lot, yes maybe is waht you say, one friend from germany sent me a packet last eyar and he told me "5 days later, mexican post got the tracking again LOL"

I chec the mexican mail tracker and says "No se ha encontrado informacion de la guia" (no informatio about guide has been found), i remember similar happened but was a bit short for two days i think, when i placed the order for my Oppo Ha-2 amp, all okay in the USA, the a two day gap witht he same message i say above from the mexican post tracking online and then mexican post showed all the tracking again....

Sep 15, 2015 at 10:39 AM Post #2,365 of 5,805

Different experience/taste of cable comfort, I guess. They are my favorite replacement/upgrade MMCX cables, so much that I bought 2 of them (1 for the H3 and 1 for the Z5).

I tried Beat Audio, Moon Audio Silver Dragon, PW Audio and other less known cables that have or do not have memory wires. 

Having said the above and spent quite a lot on cables. In my humble opinion, having a good and comfortable fit with the eartips the sound improvement/change is more noticeable.

Cheers

Hmmm your mention on tips got me thinking...it could be that my spinfits are more prone to causing the z5 to droop down as they have that bit more give due to their structure. I may give the 
sony hybrids a go again...i moved away from them as the fit is way more shallow and I personally love the transparency the spinfits give my brain anyways 

Sep 15, 2015 at 11:18 AM Post #2,366 of 5,805
Hmmm your mention on tips got me thinking...it could be that my spinfits are more prone to causing the z5 to droop down as they have that bit more give due to their structure. I may give the 
sony hybrids a go again...i moved away from them as the fit is way more shallow and I personally love the transparency the spinfits give my brain anyways 

Hi daniel_hokkaido,

The beauty of the steps I suggested in my last post, is that.

While the Sony isolation stock ear tips from the Z5 and H3 (silicone+foam) have fixed S/M/L sizes, and might not meet your desired fit, comfort and level of isolation (find the Sony foam a little harder compared to the Comply foam).

My recommended mix and match steps between foam ear tips sizes and silicone ear tips sizes, gives you the ability to find your desired sweet spot in terms of fit, comfort and isolation.

Going back to my Z5, I used the L size silicone eartips + medium size comply foam, instead of, L size silicone + L size foam because I found the latter, being too tight in my ear canals... It gave great isolation, but lost the sound stage and 3D imaging of the Z5 which is the reason I invested in them.

The former (L silicone tips + M foam tips) gave me, my personal desired level of fit, comfort and isolation, without feeling that I focused too much in one area to sacrifice the others.

In your case Dan, Spinfit gives you transparency but the sacrifice is that they are prone to drop from your ear canals (fit issues).

Cheers

Sep 15, 2015 at 4:07 PM Post #2,368 of 5,805
  Sony​ Quietly Kills The XBA Series In-Ear Headphones.

http://www.hifiinsider.com/

So I guess I can forget about Sony ever releasing the XBA Z5 here in Switzerland
frown.gif
. Too bad, I really wanted to test them out with the balanced cable on my Pono.

Sep 15, 2015 at 4:34 PM Post #2,369 of 5,805

So I guess I can forget about Sony ever releasing the XBA Z5 here in Switzerland
frown.gif
. Too bad, I really wanted to test them out with the balanced cable on my Pono.

Mate, do what i did! order it from amazon USA or what ever amazon ships from japan to switerland, My XBA-A3 finally arrived to mexico (still in customs)

ALSO accessoryjack.com imports the Z5 and A3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back