Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5
Feb 26, 2015 at 2:01 PM Post #1,096 of 5,804
Get some Comply foam, so comfortable compared to the Sony buds, I had mine before the headphones got to me!

LOL I GIVE UP itching like hell and normal ones don't seal forme since i got my H3 i think sony has made quality sacrffice in their tips

bought comply T-200 variety pack that includes isolation, confort and sports, totaling 26 US for 10 to 15 day shipping to MX, I had bought T200X a year before for 32 USD, so they seem to be cheaper now and I like tehm
beerchug.gif

Feb 27, 2015 at 2:15 AM Post #1,098 of 5,804
So i'm down to 2 choices now and this is my first time buying a high end IEM. 
Would like to ask which is more worth it? XBA-40(200$) OR XBA-A3(300$).
Which one has better clarity,separation,layering,soundstage,detail and clearer vocals. XBA-Z5 is out of my budget so i'm down to this 2 choices and will they sound good out my player(FiiOX1) or do they need an amp to perform well.

Feb 27, 2015 at 3:09 AM Post #1,099 of 5,804
So i'm down to 2 choices now and this is my first time buying a high end IEM. 
Would like to ask which is more worth it? XBA-40(200$) OR XBA-A3(300$).
Which one has better clarity,separation,layering,soundstage,detail and clearer vocals. XBA-Z5 is out of my budget so i'm down to this 2 choices and will they sound good out my player(FiiOX1) or do they need an amp to perform well.
First thing remove from the list xba 40 !

Feb 27, 2015 at 3:48 AM Post #1,100 of 5,804
Hmmm so should I go for the A3s??? Well i auditioned the Z5s and A3s at my local store and found the A3s sound quality on par with the Z5s just they share a different sound signature so i opted for the A3s. Didn't get to try the XBA-40s because they were not available for auditioning so i was wondering if there were any good for the price(200$). I found the A3s sound quality quite comparable or even better than other hybrids in the price range and a big step up from the H3s IMO. (the H3s didn't sound good to me)

Feb 27, 2015 at 9:01 AM Post #1,101 of 5,804
  Hmmm so should I go for the A3s??? Well i auditioned the Z5s and A3s at my local store and found the A3s sound quality on par with the Z5s just they share a different sound signature so i opted for the A3s. Didn't get to try the XBA-40s because they were not available for auditioning so i was wondering if there were any good for the price(200$). I found the A3s sound quality quite comparable or even better than other hybrids in the price range and a big step up from the H3s IMO. (the H3s didn't sound good to me)

From everything I could read the A3 seems to be a real value, so I went for them and love the sound!  I REALLY want to hear the Z5 though.  I say if you have the cash get the Z5, but if you are not in the position so spend that much get the A3 and be happy!

Feb 27, 2015 at 9:03 AM Post #1,102 of 5,804
  LOL I GIVE UP itching like hell and normal ones don't seal forme since i got my H3 i think sony has made quality sacrffice in their tips

bought comply T-200 variety pack that includes isolation, confort and sports, totaling 26 US for 10 to 15 day shipping to MX, I had bought T200X a year before for 32 USD, so they seem to be cheaper now and I like tehm
beerchug.gif

Let me know what you think between the comfort and isolation please? I use the Isolation but am curious about the comfort ones.  I like that I can wash the isolation ones and use them again.

Feb 27, 2015 at 9:50 AM Post #1,103 of 5,804
From everything I could read the A3 seems to be a real value, so I went for them and love the sound!  I REALLY want to hear the Z5 though.  I say if you have the cash get the Z5, but if you are not in the position so spend that much get the A3 and be happy!
So i just told my local sony store to save one unit for me, i may go and get them tomorrow, hope the A3s can satisfy my needs on music. Won't be getting the Z5s since i'm still a student on budget lol. Btw will the upgrade cables provide better sound and is this earphone easy to drive?

Feb 27, 2015 at 10:50 AM Post #1,104 of 5,804

beerchug.gif

Let me know what you think between the comfort and isolation please? I use the Isolation but am curious about the comfort ones.  I like that I can wash the isolation ones and use them again.

Yes i will do the test,

yep i have a tiny inhury in my canal due to the rubbing of the ridge of sony tip, touxhed with my finger and pain

For now using the normal sony hybrids with no filling, sacrifing the seal but soft

Feb 27, 2015 at 11:44 AM Post #1,105 of 5,804
Just to make sure that the Z5 is worth it, I went back and auditioned the H3. I can notice the difference now. Curiously enough the H3 is however more ergonomic and has a better memory  cable at half the price. Z5 has only the sound and somewhat build quality going for it. Would an H3 cable work on a Z5 without degrading the sound?

Feb 27, 2015 at 11:57 AM Post #1,110 of 5,804
 I like that I can wash the isolation ones and use them again.

How do you wash yours? i attempted to wash my first isolation tips in 2014, with cold water and dish soap (liquid) and they deteriorated rather quickly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back