Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5
Oct 10, 2016 at 12:36 PM Post #3,632 of 5,804
finally pulled my review

http://www.head-fi.org/products/sony-xba-z5-ultimate-hi-res-in-ear-headphone/reviews/17043

Oct 11, 2016 at 5:54 AM Post #3,633 of 5,804
This is subjective, but I feel that the Z5 original cable with moldable memory wire not exactly necessary and as the portion covering the memory wire is either too thin, or it is the material used, but it creates discomfort after a while.

I could use the upgrade cable whole day without feeling of any discomfort though.

prefer copper.

included cable - do not use.

Oct 11, 2016 at 11:47 AM Post #3,637 of 5,804

[COLOR=111111]prefer copper.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=111111]included cable - do not use.[/COLOR]

The included cable is copper lol. Not the best sounding, however.
I am using stock cable and I am getting binaural sounfstage (with this album in particular)

Oct 11, 2016 at 11:50 AM Post #3,638 of 5,804
I am using stock cable and I am getting binaural sounfstage (with this album in particular)

That's what I thought when I first bought them and plugged it into my ZX1... Until I heard them with the Balanced 3.5mm and PHA-3. Truly a magical experience. IMHO sounds better than any IEM at ANY price point period. Just my opinion...

Oct 11, 2016 at 12:01 PM Post #3,639 of 5,804

That's what I thought when I first bought them and plugged it into my ZX1... Until I heard them with the Balanced 3.5mm and PHA-3. Truly a magical experience. IMHO sounds better than any IEM at ANY price point period. Just my opinion...

Agreed even better than XBA-A3 which are already good sounding but not *great* like the Z5, better than the sennheiser IE80 a coworker let me heard (he was amused at my Z5s that he wanted to give me some cash for them 
biggrin.gif
)

Will try balanced when i get the new walkman WM1A The true balanced out

The soundstage also depends of recording engineering and if done good or bad, IMHO this Boccherini album is the BEST recorded piano album i perhaps have in my massive 2670 album collection

Oct 12, 2016 at 3:39 PM Post #3,640 of 5,804
  Agreed even better than XBA-A3 which are already good sounding but not *great* like the Z5, better than the sennheiser IE80 a coworker let me heard (he was amused at my Z5s that he wanted to give me some cash for them 
biggrin.gif
)

Will try balanced when i get the new walkman WM1A The true balanced out

The soundstage also depends of recording engineering and if done good or bad, IMHO this Boccherini album is the BEST recorded piano album i perhaps have in my massive 2670 album collection

I think this walkman wm1a they will play even better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back