SONY's new 2012 Walkman Range!!
Aug 22, 2012 at 10:28 AM Post #125 of 188
Hey guys,

I am looking forward to these new walkman models as I've been intersted in the Z Series for quite a long time. But the F series is much more compact and therefor more appealing to me. From what I've read the measured Line-Out signal of the Sony Z Series is very clean and good, which is important for me because I intend to use it with a portable amp via Line-Out, so I guess the new F series shouldn't do worse in this regard. Now I wanted to ask someone more experienced like OK-Guy about the Quality of the DAC in the Z Series, is it better than Cowon J3 for instance?

Aug 22, 2012 at 12:17 PM Post #126 of 188
Quote:
Hey guys,

I am looking forward to these new walkman models as I've been intersted in the Z Series for quite a long time. But the F series is much more compact and therefor more appealing to me. From what I've read the measured Line-Out signal of the Sony Z Series is very clean and good, which is important for me because I intend to use it with a portable amp via Line-Out, so I guess the new F series shouldn't do worse in this regard. Now I wanted to ask someone more experienced like OK-Guy about the Quality of the DAC in the Z Series, is it better than Cowon J3 for instance?

I'm not technically gifted enough to answer the differences in DAC's, I usually go on what my ears tell me (this has served me well over the years with hi-fi choices)... I really enjoy the sound that the WM-Z pumps out and I have read on a few forums the DAC inside is from the same manufacturer that makes them for Marantz, so not a shabby in-house effort though one would surmise Sony have tweaked it to suit.... I can't answer anything on the Cowon as I've never owned one.

the WM-F should sound the same as the Z-Series, it's seems to have all the same bits, there's pluses and minuses to both... I daresay you wouldn't be disappointed if you invest in either Walkman.

Aug 22, 2012 at 7:14 PM Post #128 of 188
Quote:
http://thewalkmanblog.blogspot.com/2012/08/sony-f-series-walkman-coming-in-gold.html

it will also come in GOLD>

I would love to buy the gold as well, but "According to the link, the gold model will only ship in 8GB capacity."  Massive fails by Sony!

Aug 23, 2012 at 4:01 PM Post #129 of 188
Quote:
I Don't like sony walkman because they don't have a micro sd, don't read a flac and the volume in Europe is crap

F-series will play flac, no idea if there is a volume cap on the F series since it is android based, no one really compared the current European Z to the US Z series.
Quote:
I would love to buy the gold as well, but "According to the link, the gold model will only ship in 8GB capacity."  Massive fails by Sony!

It is unknown if the Gold model will be sold outside of russia since that is where it was first spotted, second, if there is a gold model in europe, it will probaly be a limited edition model and finally there is a chance that a gold model will be sold in japan with higher capacities. At this moment this is all unknown.

Aug 23, 2012 at 4:10 PM Post #130 of 188
It's live on the Sony Store site now for order, no longer pre-order... I had an online chat with a sales person, and it's still a little time away from shipping though. I'm thinking about going ahead and getting one reserved to ship as soon as it comes in....

Aug 28, 2012 at 12:59 AM Post #131 of 188
Well it's showing as in stock on Sony.... so I ordered the 32gb F806. We'll see how it stacks up after years of enjoyment of the X1060. Should have it in a few days.

Aug 28, 2012 at 2:15 AM Post #132 of 188
Quote:
Well it's showing as in stock on Sony.... so I ordered the 32gb F806. We'll see how it stacks up after years of enjoyment of the X1060. Should have it in a few days.

Very nice in that case.  Sure let us know what you think of the F806.  We expect nothing less than a full review! 
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back