Sony Z1R....listening impressions only
Dec 23, 2019 at 1:02 AM Post #3,976 of 9,634
Yes I meant the retailer, the forwarding service is essentially just a shipping company and would have no product responsibility.

I can’t see why the warranty would be invalidated by doing this but it would naturally have to be handled under Australian rules in Australia. An Australian who buys a product and then after the purchase moves to another country wouldn’t loose his warranty. But I agree that warranty claims would be a hassle as would returning the item but that always is the case when buying outside your own country
the reason why i think that it might void the warranty is because the products that addicted to audio sell come with a local warranty and it doesn't ship outside of australia. i'm not sure if the same applies to minidisc but its products also come with a local warranty.

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2019 at 1:04 AM Post #3,977 of 9,634
It's a grey area.

I guess if it's a legit forwarding service, they may have a legal obligation to honour the legal minimum warranty as per Aus law.

Ideally you just know someone in Aus and get them to send over.

How much are they overseas anyway?

Would think Amazon Au, plus international shipping, get to you for under $1000 USD...

Dec 23, 2019 at 1:17 AM Post #3,979 of 9,634
It's a grey area.

I guess if it's a legit forwarding service, they may have a legal obligation to honour the legal minimum warranty as per Aus law.

Ideally you just know someone in Aus and get them to send over.

How much are they overseas anyway?

Would think Amazon Au, plus international shipping, get to you for under $1000 USD...

FYI our Z7m2 are cheap too. $500 AUD or so.
i'm not questioning the pricing, just raising the matter of warranty, which may or may not be a consideration for @Soundizer

Dec 23, 2019 at 3:44 AM Post #3,980 of 9,634
If you are buying Sony from Australia or oversea then remember to get them to include the Sony tourist limited warranty. This warranty is mean for tourist who purchase the headphone oversea on holiday. If your headphone malfunction, bring it to the local Sony service Center with the tourist limited warranty to get it repair. For precise information regarding the Sony tourist limited warranty please check Sony wed site for more information.

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2019 at 3:13 PM Post #3,985 of 9,634
Is Sony Z1R one of the best headphones in the world?
If you believe the reviews, sure. From my personal point of view, best closed can's i have ever heard. Probably just like the sound of it, or my sources work well with it. Also have a head that fits well inside them, so comfort is good.

But that's my opinion. Find a place to test them for yourself and make up your own mind. Listening to music is only as long objective, as I am doing it :)

Frank

Dec 23, 2019 at 3:17 PM Post #3,986 of 9,634

For me it is certainly the headphone of all I've owned and tried that I have enjoyed the most and I've now had it for 3 years. It is however much of a Marmite phone so you really need to try it with the gear you plan to use it with before buying if at all possible or buy some place where you can return it

Dec 23, 2019 at 3:50 PM Post #3,987 of 9,634
Before I bought the Z1R I tried a lot of headphones at Source AV and loved the Z1R the best.

I also own the LCD-X and pick the Z1R 99.9% of the time.

Dec 23, 2019 at 4:24 PM Post #3,989 of 9,634

Users who are viewing this thread

Back