Sony Z1R....listening impressions only
Apr 8, 2019 at 3:41 PM Post #2,866 of 9,633
I just got my Z1R's a month or so ago and I'm in love. 95% of my use is on the go. Today was 35 degrees Fahrenheit but tomorrow is supposed to be in the high 60's. Made me start thinking about the summer. Are these going to be unbearable to wear on those hot August days?
You wear these outside? My god! I bought them hoping I could wear them on my commute but their size quickly put paid to that. They are so large that they’d no doubt get dented quickly. However, if it works for you then good on you.

Apr 8, 2019 at 3:44 PM Post #2,867 of 9,633
You wear these outside? My god! I bought them hoping I could wear them on my commute but their size quickly put paid to that. They are so large that they’d no doubt get dented quickly. However, if it works for you then good on you.

Yes, the Z1R wouldn't survive my NYC subway commute for a week (or being pulled off)....

Apr 8, 2019 at 5:41 PM Post #2,868 of 9,633
Yes, the Z1R wouldn't survive my NYC subway commute for a week (or being pulled off)....

Ha! 30% of my listening time is on Metro North trains to NYC and then the subway. Have to be VERY careful on the subway. I hold my Black Dragon cables when walking on and off. Have had a couple of accidents. 65% of my listening time is spent while driving in my hometown. Strangely not illegal but it's made me into a very careful driver lol.

Apr 8, 2019 at 6:23 PM Post #2,870 of 9,633
Ha! 30% of my listening time is on Metro North trains to NYC and then the subway. Have to be VERY careful on the subway. I hold my Black Dragon cables when walking on and off. Have had a couple of accidents. 65% of my listening time is spent while driving in my hometown. Strangely not illegal but it's made me into a very careful driver lol.

Not sure where your hometown is, but wearing headphones while driving is illegal in most places like NY: http://www.trafficlawyerny.com/articles/illegal-to-drive-in-new-york-using-more-than-one-headphone/

Apr 8, 2019 at 6:53 PM Post #2,871 of 9,633
Not sure where your hometown is, but wearing headphones while driving is illegal in most places like NY: http://www.trafficlawyerny.com/articles/illegal-to-drive-in-new-york-using-more-than-one-headphone/

Indeed in 8 states headphones are totally illegal while driving. 9 states have laws against them with "exceptions". New York is one of those. You're actually able to listen to one side but not both lol hence the "more than ONE headphone" line. I live in Connecticut and there is no such law of any kind. Hell, I think you don't even have to wear a motorcycle helmet here.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2019 at 12:29 PM Post #2,872 of 9,633
Got to be traveling in style when you use your MDR-Z1R on the go!

ZiL2qyZ.jpg

Photo credit: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2276643715752830&set=a.307567295993825&type=3&theater&ifg=1

Apr 9, 2019 at 2:14 PM Post #2,873 of 9,633
Will Sony pay for your doctor's bills?

Apr 9, 2019 at 5:37 PM Post #2,880 of 9,633
Glad to hear you guys sa
Z1R by a mile.

I'm happy to hear you say this too. I've only had the Z1R's for a month or 2 and I'm loving them balanced into my AK SE100. The Stellia's look like a piece of Louis Vitton luggage to me. Anybody who's heard both able to compare and contrast?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back