Sony XBA-N3AP and XBA-N1AP — Impressions thread
Feb 10, 2018 at 6:16 AM Post #1,006 of 2,298
Are you using the the over the ear method with the Z5 and what kind of tips? I found that using the over the ear loop put less stress on the ear canal and the Triple comfort tips that comes with the N5 is pretty comfortable with the Z5 if you can get extra set. The JVC spiral dot tips are also very comfortable. The Z5 does need more power than the N3 to show it's full potential and running in balance does make a noticeable difference.

I am not using the earloop style as I find my glass frame in it's way. I am using the smallest silicon tip that comes with it.

Feb 22, 2018 at 8:53 AM Post #1,010 of 2,298
Look at what showed up in my mail today!
DWoNaP5X0AEvCXr.jpg:large

First impressions are: Incredible sound over balanced with my NW-ZX300, the comfort could be better though, I ordered a set of small JVS Spiral Dots tips (Medium small is too large for my right ear canal) and some comply isolation 200 bits, I'll see how it goes with these, I suspect the comply ones will be more comfortable than the JVC and the stock triple comfort because of the memory foam, not sure how sound quality will go along with these, I'll report when I get these, my XBA-N3 aren't even properly burned-in yet though.

Feb 23, 2018 at 3:02 PM Post #1,011 of 2,298
I recieved my comply ear bits and the difference is night and day, after the memory foam took shape I can barely feel that XBA-N3 in my ears anymore! The comfort is finally close to the one of my Klipsch x10! Isolation is also greatly increased compared to both the triple comfort and the JVS Spiral Dots bits. These ear bits are keepers!

Feb 25, 2018 at 4:16 PM Post #1,012 of 2,298
I recieved my comply ear bits and the difference is night and day, after the memory foam took shape I can barely feel that XBA-N3 in my ears anymore! The comfort is finally close to the one of my Klipsch x10! Isolation is also greatly increased compared to both the triple comfort and the JVS Spiral Dots bits. These ear bits are keepers!

Soundwise, how does the N3 compare to the X10? I thought about getting the X10 a while back.

Feb 25, 2018 at 4:58 PM Post #1,013 of 2,298
Soundwise, how does the N3 compare to the X10? I thought about getting the X10 a while back.
The x10 doesn't even compate, don't get me wrong, it doesn't sound bad but it doesn't have enough bass, soundstage and presence in the mids compared to the N3. Then again that might have been a more fair comparasion if I could have connected the x10 over balanced, unfortunately Klipsch do not seem to understand that some costumers want the freedom to change their IEM cables :/

That said the x10 are probably the most confocomfor IEM I have ever used, more so than the N3, I wish I could use the Klipsch earbits on the N3 but sadly the diameter is too narrow so that can't happen. One more rent about Klipsch is that they patented oval shaped earbits and the competition can't sell those, yet they aren't offering any compatible earbits for competitors IEM which is a huge waste if you ask me.

I haven't tried the N3 over SE so I don't know how they sound compared to the x10 in that regard, I might try later with my 4.4mm to 3.5mm adapter though. (I don't own a 3.5mm MMCX cable)

Feb 26, 2018 at 7:12 AM Post #1,014 of 2,298
I'm sure this has been asked many times, but N3 or H3? I am also considering the z5, but am concerned with the connector or cable problems. I love hybrids and these seem to fit the bill of what I'm looking for. Maybe I'll spend next saturday reading every page on every IEM I'm considering. But I will welcome any advice. I like 80s rock and metal.

Feb 27, 2018 at 4:50 PM Post #1,017 of 2,298
The x10 doesn't even compate, don't get me wrong, it doesn't sound bad but it doesn't have enough bass, soundstage and presence in the mids compared to the N3. Then again that might have been a more fair comparasion if I could have connected the x10 over balanced, unfortunately Klipsch do not seem to understand that some costumers want the freedom to change their IEM cables :/

That said the x10 are probably the most confocomfor IEM I have ever used, more so than the N3, I wish I could use the Klipsch earbits on the N3 but sadly the diameter is too narrow so that can't happen. One more rent about Klipsch is that they patented oval shaped earbits and the competition can't sell those, yet they aren't offering any compatible earbits for competitors IEM which is a huge waste if you ask me.

I haven't tried the N3 over SE so I don't know how they sound compared to the x10 in that regard, I might try later with my 4.4mm to 3.5mm adapter though. (I don't own a 3.5mm MMCX cable)

Wow, that is quite a difference. Yeah, they should for sure licence out those oval eartips, that would make them more profit. Any upgrade/aftermarket cables with the N3s are worthwhile, they really shine in that regard.

Feb 27, 2018 at 7:42 PM Post #1,018 of 2,298
Wow, that is quite a difference. Yeah, they should for sure licence out those oval eartips, that would make them more profit. Any upgrade/aftermarket cables with the N3s are worthwhile, they really shine in that regard.

I am not sure about aftermarket cables, but they certainly sound out of this world over balanced using my NW-ZX300 as a source. The only thing that rivals them is my Sennheiser HD6XX and that's not an IEM! They just sound incredible, I just wish they had shipped with more concomforta ear tips.

Unfortunately it seems the XBA-N3 are underated and there are almost no review of them despite sounding as good as €1000 IEMs while having a €300 price tag.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back