Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM
Aug 22, 2014 at 9:11 PM Post #2,566 of 3,257
Looking forward to them! They were very affordable too. Got 2 sets of the multi-size and a set of medium.
No problem.

You will be pleasantly surprised when you get these tips on your h3. My h3 WOULD NOT be my favorite iem in my collection if it wasn't for these tips. They really balance the sound out, bring the mids forward, make the treble clearer, and widen the soundstage. Oh, and they look really awesome on the h3. :grin:

Aug 22, 2014 at 9:19 PM Post #2,567 of 3,257
Looking forward to them! They were very affordable too. Got 2 sets of the multi-size and a set of medium.

Nice! I had a set of those but ended up selling them off in my tips classified. Bought three pairs of knock off ortofon tips (thinking they were the real ones) with an even wider bore than those, and traded a pair of em for some mh1 tips. Used the mh1 tips for a good while, but went back to the wider bore ones. I posted a pic a few posts back.

Aug 22, 2014 at 9:31 PM Post #2,568 of 3,257
Nice! I had a set of those but ended up selling them off in my tips classified. Bought three pairs of knock off ortofon tips (thinking they were the real ones) with an even wider bore than those, and traded a pair of em for some mh1 tips. Used the mh1 tips for a good while, but went back to the wider bore ones. I posted a pic a few posts back.
now you've got my interest! Source on the ortofon tips? I found these http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B009QUK75S?pc_redir=1408601961&robot_redir=1

Aug 22, 2014 at 9:32 PM Post #2,569 of 3,257
Source on the ortofon tips? I found these http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B009QUK75S?pc_redir=1408601961&robot_redir=1

Yea that's them, though I'll trade you a pair so you can try them out, first?

Aug 22, 2014 at 9:47 PM Post #2,571 of 3,257
Which do you want? I've got monster foam/silicone tips which sound good and isolate well on the H3. Those ones coming from Luna. The hybrids from you, although the medium are well used now..

Sending you a pm! 
wink.gif

Aug 23, 2014 at 12:38 AM Post #2,572 of 3,257
  How do the H3 compare with the Westone 4R and UE900?

It depends from what music do you listen to and what sound signature do you like. UE900 is more neutral and audiophile to me and I found it better for rock, metal, acoustic, piano, vocal, ambient music rather than H3. H3 is more consumer oriented for modern music, bassy electronic music just shine on it. Especially with synthetic or computer processed vocal, wich is boosted on H3 by unique Sony's surround algorithm. Chase & Status - Brixton Briefcase track is good example where H3 is do his job better than any others IEMs / Headphones do. Overall, I found that H3 sound signature very close to Philips Fidelio X1, difference only that H3 have smaller soundstage but more spacious, and for 2-3dB boosted on mid-bass.

Aug 23, 2014 at 1:41 AM Post #2,573 of 3,257
Aug 23, 2014 at 4:35 AM Post #2,574 of 3,257
sorry for that confusing. :)
X1 instrument separation more around you, with better 3d around effect, but soundstage not as deep as on H3. H3 is more darker, instrument separation quite good but more typical for IEMs.
"Spacious" because soundstage is quite sometimes unique and wide, especially with good mastered spacious dark electronic music. (tracks Black Sun Empire - All Is Lost, Kalson - Digital Baroque, Captain Panic! - Alien as example)

looks like in "smaller soundstage" I mean instrument separation, although soundstage in my conception is instrument separation + sound wide.

Aug 23, 2014 at 7:31 AM Post #2,575 of 3,257
Strangely, I'm back with the H3 plugged into my ears...

Not really tried them with the Chord Hugo, and - had some Amazon vouchers, decided to buy the FiiO SE1 replacement cable (as luck would have it, the Hugo has two identical outputs, so could compare the stock cable on one ear, and the Fiio on the other - could I hear a difference? - barely - if splitting hairs, a smidgen more treble - either way, far less tangle-prone, so the FiiO cable is a winner), however - going back to point - with the Hugo, compared to the Senn IE800s, it is a case of slightly more mid presence on the H3 vs slightly more treble presence on the H3 - Considering cost difference (and bearing in mind that the Hugo can make a silk purse out of a sows ear), I actually cannot justify taking the IE800s with me out on the road anymore - so, the H3 will now be my out and about work-horse...

Nothing against the IE800, however - as others have noted previously (and I can also, now I've upped the ante on the amplification front) there is so little difference (relatively speaking) between these two IEMs, that I cannot overlook the value for money that Sony bring to the table.

Aug 23, 2014 at 11:43 AM Post #2,576 of 3,257
Do these large bore aftermarket tips fit the nozzle stem snug? I had tried some large bore silicone tips left-over from my ancient Zune Premium earbuds and found that they slipped off of the stem easily.

Aug 23, 2014 at 11:55 AM Post #2,577 of 3,257
Do these large bore aftermarket tips fit the nozzle stem snug? I had tried some large bore silicone tips left-over from my ancient Zune Premium earbuds and found that they slipped off of the stem easily.
The lunashops tips mentioned earlier fit the h3 perfectly and won't slip unless you really yank on them

Aug 23, 2014 at 5:43 PM Post #2,579 of 3,257
So far I've been using my Comply tips for 6 weeks with no sign of wear. I hope it stays that way.

Aug 24, 2014 at 7:07 AM Post #2,580 of 3,257
Been using Complys this morning, but too bassy, going back to the silicon hybrids...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back