SONY WH1000XM3 - better than QC35 in noise cancelling?
Jan 6, 2019 at 7:52 PM Post #1,216 of 2,082
if you mean for the N700NC it is 0.2.7 and the app is 2.5(24)

The out of the box signature of the N700NC is leaner than the HP50 which has more forward and warmer vocals. But I played with headphone app EQ and was able to get them to sound pretty similar but it required a much more severe EQ curve than the one I showed in my review. The good news is the EQ app isn't to extreme in how it works so even though the new curve looks severe it doesn't sound off. It just increases the mids to an level like the HP50.

The other option would be to get the HP70 which by default sounds quite a bit like the HP50. But be aware the ANC is not quite as good as the N700NC or 1000XM3. It also has more of a edge to it in the upper midrange and lower treble which can be a bit strident. On a positive note the HP70 while actually slightly smaller physically than the HP50 is much more plush and comfy on the head.

Here is a couple pictures of me wearing the HP70.

i thought this thread is for the XM3

Jan 8, 2019 at 3:08 AM Post #1,218 of 2,082
A bit quiet today, let's bump it up.

Love of my life, you've hurt me
You've broken my heart and now you leave me
Love of my life, can't you see?
Bring it back, bring it back
Don't take it away from me, because you don't know
What it means to me....

Buddy, you're a boy, make a big noise
Playing in the street, gonna be a big man someday
You got mud on your face, you big disgrace
Kicking your can all over the place, singin'

Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality
Open your eyes, look up to the skies and see
I'm just a poor boy, I need no sympathy
Because I'm easy come, easy go, little high, little low
Any way the wind blows doesn't really matter to me, to me...

20190108_124956.jpg

Jan 9, 2019 at 10:25 PM Post #1,219 of 2,082
A bit quiet today, let's bump it up.

Love of my life, you've hurt me
You've broken my heart and now you leave me
Love of my life, can't you see?
Bring it back, bring it back
Don't take it away from me, because you don't know
What it means to me....

Buddy, you're a boy, make a big noise
Playing in the street, gonna be a big man someday
You got mud on your face, you big disgrace
Kicking your can all over the place, singin'

Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality
Open your eyes, look up to the skies and see
I'm just a poor boy, I need no sympathy
Because I'm easy come, easy go, little high, little low
Any way the wind blows doesn't really matter to me, to me...

Are those dirt smudges on the headphone cups or just a trick of the light?

Jan 9, 2019 at 10:43 PM Post #1,220 of 2,082
Are those dirt smudges on the headphone cups or just a trick of the light?
Nope, they get dirty over the time if using it with greasy hands just like most other light color headphones, but can be clean away easily.

Jan 10, 2019 at 11:41 AM Post #1,221 of 2,082
New kid in town - announced @ CES this week - Technics EAH-F70N

Has noise cancelling, LDAC and AtpX HD

Jan 10, 2019 at 3:41 PM Post #1,223 of 2,082
Jan 10, 2019 at 3:48 PM Post #1,224 of 2,082
Jan 10, 2019 at 4:07 PM Post #1,226 of 2,082
Being the same brand as the famous DJ decks it might take off.

Jan 10, 2019 at 9:49 PM Post #1,227 of 2,082
I have some of Technics products in the past, portable cd player, cd player, cassette players, integrated amps, pre/power amps, turntable and speakers. All of them are very good and famous especially the SL12000MK I-V, SP10 turntable. But I can't say the same things for their headphones, they always too hi-fi, too V-shape, too bright sounding. Let's hope this time they got it right for the comeback.

Jan 11, 2019 at 2:40 AM Post #1,229 of 2,082
And when i just are going to sell my xm3's,they suddenly show up in the true fi app :/ like i sold my beyerdynamic xelento,dragonfly black,pioneer xfp 100r,and at the same day,tidal announces MQA support on android devices and tidal.NOooooooooooooooooooo.Lol.Well,at least i decided to keep my audeze lcd2c,mobius,chord mojo and liquid carbon dac.And my daughter still have an sony wh900 i could borrow.With true fi,i expect the 900 and xm3 to sound a little the same or? I had to sell some stuff,because i have re-discovered stereo system again.Sold my old pioneer reciever and b&w 683 speakers.Bought and nad c338 and some dynaudio emit 10 almost brand new for half the price.And now i needed some money to invest in an good sub.Have ordered the Arendal sound 1 sub to have an 2.1 system.But going to miss the xm3 a little bit.They are very comfy and have good bass and warmth to it.Hope it comes another version that are a little more weather proof. :)

Jan 11, 2019 at 3:36 AM Post #1,230 of 2,082
I have some of Technics products in the past, portable cd player, cd player, cassette players, integrated amps, pre/power amps, turntable and speakers. All of them are very good and famous especially the SL12000MK I-V, SP10 turntable. But I can't say the same things for their headphones, they always too hi-fi, too V-shape, too bright sounding. Let's hope this time they got it right for the comeback.

Bright suits me!

Sonarworks True-Fi now has XM3 profiles on all of their platforms (Mac, Windows, Android beta, iOS beta).
Here is the response curve they measured:

Yeah WAY too much bass - if the app can fix that for phone playback - fantastic!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back