Sony WF-1000XM4 Impressions Thread
Nov 1, 2022 at 3:56 AM Post #2,641 of 2,999
New units are coming with 1.5.0 preinstalled, but it's not yet available as an update, I checked for all regions.

Nov 1, 2022 at 7:51 PM Post #2,643 of 2,999
Is 1.5.0 with the multi-point Bluetooth?

Nov 2, 2022 at 3:53 AM Post #2,645 of 2,999
No, I reckon this is only a fix for the excessive battery drain and thermal issue on some units. Multipoint was not included.
Multipoint for the XM4 is not expected until sometime next year

Nov 6, 2022 at 8:42 AM Post #2,647 of 2,999
Just improved my tips box by making the compartments shallower and bigger as the tips were hard to get out,, and a sliding lid as the foam tips stick to the lid, but now if they stuck to the lid, the tips drop back into the compartments as the lid slides off. Plus you can throw the box about without the lid opening or tips going into the wrong compartments.
And Ive got enough Sonicfoam tips for 15-16 months, as Sonicfoam sent me another 20tips for free just from emailing them feedback :relaxed:

Bit late sorry Phil, but glad you took a chance with the Sonicfoam tips and like them. I want to add to the positive recommendations for these foam tips, mainly based on their value and customer service. They have gone up a pound or two since the summer (but what hasn't in the UK lol) and still cheap.

Some may feel they are a touch too sticky/tacky and slightly rougher than comply but I like them, and I've had a friend change over to them as well. Also, some will actually prefer these qualities (like you said, for better grip) so for these people, Sonicfoam would definitely be the choice.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2022 at 9:17 AM Post #2,648 of 2,999
Having had the sonicfoam tips for a few weeks now,, there very comfy but dont last more than a few weeks for me, probably because I cant squash the tips before putting them in my ears, but other than that, they are the best Ive used so far. @Markttp Yeah smooth tips just fall out, you need a bit of something on the tips them to make them stay in your ears especially with big heavier buds

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2022 at 6:16 PM Post #2,649 of 2,999
Hello everyone, I have a curious problem
My XM4's sound perfectly fine when noise cancelling is turned off
And noise cancelling by itself seems to work well enough, both drivers seem to function identically in this regard

However, if I play any sound when noise cancelling is turned on, the low frequency sub-bass is concentrated onto one driver more than the other, in my case the left channel over-produces the bass if noise cancelling is turned on

Am I the only one with this problem?

Nov 8, 2022 at 7:48 PM Post #2,650 of 2,999
Hello everyone, I have a curious problem
My XM4's sound perfectly fine when noise cancelling is turned off
And noise cancelling by itself seems to work well enough, both drivers seem to function identically in this regard

However, if I play any sound when noise cancelling is turned on, the low frequency sub-bass is concentrated onto one driver more than the other, in my case the left channel over-produces the bass if noise cancelling is turned on

Am I the only one with this problem?
Wow, I don't think I have experienced anything like that...

Nov 12, 2022 at 9:02 AM Post #2,652 of 2,999
Just read through this whole thread!

Nov 13, 2022 at 1:31 AM Post #2,654 of 2,999
Wow, I don't think I have experienced anything like that...
It seems to be some interaction between the microphone and the driver in the unit
If only there was something I can do about it, as it stands now I have to choose between listening to music or enabling noise cancelling, but not both!

Nov 17, 2022 at 11:47 AM Post #2,655 of 2,999
Hey guys, i have to chance to acquire this iems for about $180, I'll be traveling soon by plane and bus and thought the ANC could be helpful. I have a pair or galaxy buds+ and the sound is fine but I prefer warmer signatures (JVC FW-01, Shozy Zero, Denon D5000 as example). I can also get the Buds 2 Pro for about $150, rated as the best ANC true wireless in the market by Crinacle. Has someone compared these two directly and which one do you prefer? I mainly use my buds+ for commuting, not for serious listening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back