Sony WF-1000XM4 Impressions Thread
Oct 20, 2022 at 4:15 PM Post #2,626 of 2,999
With me the sound with the stock tips is muggier then with silicon or the sonicfoam tips.....I really wanted the silicon tips to work as foam doesn't last long at all for me..

But I have no problems with the sonicfoam tips as I can wear the buds all day with no pain at all, and there easier to insert in the ears as there softer and more rounded than the stock tips.. They still work there way out of my ears but only after a few hrs, unlike the silicons that I was having to push back in every few mins.. And its not gonna cost a fortune in tips either, because that was the main reason I wanted silicon tips to work for me.
Yeah that's true I'm sure part of the pain I was getting from stock & silicon tips was the constant pushing them back in.

I've walked around outside all day today with the sonicfoams and barely felt any discomfort at all. I emailed them this morning and when I got home tonight there was already a confirmation that they'd sent the free set out. Legends.

Oct 20, 2022 at 5:46 PM Post #2,627 of 2,999
I have been using XM4 for months, and each time I used, one of the earbuds will fall out when I am sitting in my chair. The fitting is just horrible.

Oct 20, 2022 at 11:33 PM Post #2,628 of 2,999
I have been using XM4 for months, and each time I used, one of the earbuds will fall out when I am sitting in my chair. The fitting is just horrible.
I’ve had no problem sitting, walking or even on the rare occasion running, they stay in for hours without any movement at all

Oct 21, 2022 at 12:09 AM Post #2,629 of 2,999
I’ve had no problem sitting, walking or even on the rare occasion running, they stay in for hours without any movement at all
My experience is same as yours… I suspect it likely has a lot to do with tips and insertion depth… I have found that if the tips are either too small or too large they won’t go in deep enough and/or won’t grip…

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2022 at 12:33 AM Post #2,630 of 2,999
In my personal experience, it is not the tips I used, it is the shape of the XM4 not able to fit with my ears. I tried numerous times in front of the mirror, and even though I feel the insertion is deep and seal is formed, I can see the upper part of the XM4 is still sticking out whatever way I tried. Because of the center gravity is so outside my ears, it is very easy to fall out. It is also clear that not both side of the fitting is the same, one side looks much better.

Oct 21, 2022 at 12:43 AM Post #2,631 of 2,999
In my personal experience, it is not the tips I used, it is the shape of the XM4 not able to fit with my ears. I tried numerous times in front of the mirror, and even though I feel the insertion is deep and seal is formed, I can see the upper part of the XM4 is still sticking out whatever way I tried. Because of the center gravity is so outside my ears, it is very easy to fall out. It is also clear that not both side of the fitting is the same, one side looks much better.
I have shallow ear canals and the stock tips would do that to me too.

Once I went to the shorter aftermarket app foam tips, I haven't had problems like before.

Oct 21, 2022 at 12:45 AM Post #2,632 of 2,999
I have shallow ear canals and the stock tips would do that to me too.

Once I went to the shorter aftermarket app foam tips, I haven't had problems like before.
Time to start another round of tip rolling :)

Oct 25, 2022 at 5:56 PM Post #2,634 of 2,999
Sony is bringing multipoint to its earbuds lineup including the WF-1000XM4 - read the article and Sony statements here
For a second there I thought we would have to buy the new versions of the XM4s... Thats great news, because I have the buds paired with my pc and phone, and annoyingly quite often when I turn on my pc, the buds will disconnect from my phone and connect to the pc. So maybe that update might fix that problem?

Oct 25, 2022 at 11:27 PM Post #2,635 of 2,999
Sony pairing for today 🙂

20221026_111514.jpg

Oct 26, 2022 at 9:55 AM Post #2,637 of 2,999
Im going to get 1 of those silicon cases as I find the case slippery and keeps jumping out of my hand while removing and putting the buds in the case, as I havent got full control over my hands
I’ve got a blue Miter leather case on mine

667048FC-E2F3-440F-8F35-136C459D87C1.jpeg

Nov 1, 2022 at 3:12 AM Post #2,640 of 2,999
I saw from Youtube, some people have firmware version 1.5.0 for Sony WF-1000XM4.
But i can't get update for my earbuds, anyone can help ?
As far as I’m aware the latest is 1.4.2 and that is also what is mentioned on the Sony web site

Users who are viewing this thread

Back