Sony WF-1000XM4 Impressions Thread
Mar 26, 2022 at 5:25 AM Post #2,266 of 2,999
So what do we all think about the update? Im waiting for feedback before updating
No issues here. But I didn't have any issues before the update, mind you. ANC seems to be unchanged for me. Haven't had any calls after updating. No noticeable change in sound quality for me as well.

Mar 26, 2022 at 12:16 PM Post #2,268 of 2,999
Yep, I'm back on ldac and have had no left bud issue yet either, pixel 6 pro

Mar 27, 2022 at 4:32 AM Post #2,271 of 2,999

He mentiones a slight measurable change in the sound department (less bass, tighter bass). Not sure if someone can verify this :)

Mar 27, 2022 at 8:47 AM Post #2,273 of 2,999
Very strange. The Headphone Connect app suddenly reported my XM4 installed firmware is 0.0.0, and is attempting to download the new firmware again. Will report here if there are other problems.

Mar 27, 2022 at 9:37 AM Post #2,275 of 2,999
I'm in trouble with my Xperia 1 III (android 12). I cannot use them other than adaptive otherwise I have a large amount of stuttering and distortion
Last firmware

It works fine when streaming from my WM1A/A45, but I get the stutters with my Galaxy S10e.

Did it work fine before the update?

Mar 27, 2022 at 9:48 AM Post #2,276 of 2,999

He mentiones a slight measurable change in the sound department (less bass, tighter bass). Not sure if someone can verify this :)

This is what the guy in the video found out after some measurements:
1648388892976.png

As for left bud issues, I only had this happen twice - all this on the previous firmware.

The last time I had the buds connected to the A45, then I connected them to my Samsung S10e without disconnecting them from the A45 first. I then had sound only in the right bud. After touching the left bud (which I set it to switch between Ambient/Noise cancelling), there was also sound in the left bud.

Edit: I just tested this scenario and it didn't happen again on this new firmware update.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2022 at 10:50 AM Post #2,277 of 2,999
Very strange. The Headphone Connect app suddenly reported my XM4 installed firmware is 0.0.0, and is attempting to download the new firmware again. Will report here if there are other problems.
Yeah that has happened for me with an earlier update some months ago

Mar 28, 2022 at 12:39 PM Post #2,278 of 2,999
Weird issue with my Sony's today. Put them on and went to walk the dog. Only the right bud worked. Except now everything was glitchy. The right bud touch controls didn't work (I use to change ambient mode). The left bud still let me pause the music. I could not connect to the headphone app, it would not see my earbuds. I could not make the left bud work by switching to the phone speaker and back to the buds nor my disconnecting bluetooth and reconnecting.

I had to get home and put them back in the case, yet they still showed connected to my phone even when in the case and taking them out, they still acted the same. I had to put in one bud at a time and reset it. Now they work normally.

I'm on the latest Android 12 update on the P6P using LDAC adaptive.

Mar 28, 2022 at 12:49 PM Post #2,279 of 2,999
Weird issue with my Sony's today. Put them on and went to walk the dog. Only the right bud worked. Except now everything was glitchy. The right bud touch controls didn't work (I use to change ambient mode). The left bud still let me pause the music. I could not connect to the headphone app, it would not see my earbuds. I could not make the left bud work by switching to the phone speaker and back to the buds nor my disconnecting bluetooth and reconnecting.

I had to get home and put them back in the case, yet they still showed connected to my phone even when in the case and taking them out, they still acted the same. I had to put in one bud at a time and reset it. Now they work normally.

I'm on the latest Android 12 update on the P6P using LDAC adaptive.
When I get things acting wiered on my phone I kill all apps, turn the phone off, double reboots it and then most times things then work fine again. Same with my pc

Mar 28, 2022 at 2:01 PM Post #2,280 of 2,999
When I get things acting wiered on my phone I kill all apps, turn the phone off, double reboots it and then most times things then work fine again. Same with my pc
The phone was fine.

What does the phone have to do with the Sony right bud not reacting to touch controls or them not disconnecting when put in their case?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back