Sony WF-1000XM4 Impressions Thread
Mar 28, 2022 at 2:45 PM Post #2,281 of 2,999
The phone was fine.

What does the phone have to do with the Sony right bud not reacting to touch controls or them not disconnecting when put in their case?
I assumed that you used the XM4 with your phone in which case the problem could be in the communication with the phone. Sorry to come with suggestions that you obviously found offending. In the future I promiss not to react to your posts !!!!

Mar 29, 2022 at 7:17 AM Post #2,283 of 2,999
Hi Bro,

I'm having a new problem with my 7 months Sony WF-1000xm4, the battery for my right ear buds drain a lot lot faster than my left ear buds, anyone facing the same issue ?
For me one of the buds (don’t remember which one) drains a few % faster than the other but I still get about 10 hours per charge with eq and anc enabled playing aac from my iPhone13 Pro

Mar 29, 2022 at 9:04 AM Post #2,285 of 2,999
still have my set but might try this one more time to see if it fixes the problem. does previous benefits mean the last firmware update or added to this update as well as i cannot remember fixes for the last version as this version seems a big jump up in version number
I bought an XM4 yesterday, not long after 2 hours of use I heard the same wind noise on the right unit. The manufacture date of mine is 11 2021, latest firmware updated as soon as they connected to the app. I read the last 9 months of this thread before buying them so knew there was a chance I'd have the same experience as you. I don't want to return to amazon and buy another set because it's too likely I'll just get another dud.

You said Sony charge if they don't find anything wrong, I don't like the sound of that. Have Sony got back to you about this? Outside of this issue I absolutely love the sound quality and features and can't decide what to do, it was a choice between the XM4 and the Bose but I've read they have their own technical issues. Ironically I bought these just for ANC and now I don't want to give them up for the tuning and Ambient mode is super convenient and better than my LG Tone Free FP9. But I have misophonia and there's no way I can put up with that wind sound during quiet parts of music.

Mar 29, 2022 at 9:58 AM Post #2,286 of 2,999
Ive just received this wireless charger and the buds seem to be charging fine, but they are only being charged at 5watts though apparently........ https://www.amazon.co.uk/yootech-Wireless-Qi-Certified-Charging-Compatible/dp/B07PXZ2HRH/ref=sr_1_37?keywords=qi+wireless+charger&qid=1641603637&sprefix=qi,aps,128&sr=8-37

Image.jpg
I don't know earphones charging specs but generally I wouldn't want more than 5W going into a TWS. I bought a small airpods charger specifically for TWS buds.
_20220329_144933.JPG

Mar 29, 2022 at 7:25 PM Post #2,289 of 2,999
I bought an XM4 yesterday, not long after 2 hours of use I heard the same wind noise on the right unit. The manufacture date of mine is 11 2021, latest firmware updated as soon as they connected to the app. I read the last 9 months of this thread before buying them so knew there was a chance I'd have the same experience as you. I don't want to return to amazon and buy another set because it's too likely I'll just get another dud.

You said Sony charge if they don't find anything wrong, I don't like the sound of that. Have Sony got back to you about this? Outside of this issue I absolutely love the sound quality and features and can't decide what to do, it was a choice between the XM4 and the Bose but I've read they have their own technical issues. Ironically I bought these just for ANC and now I don't want to give them up for the tuning and Ambient mode is super convenient and better than my LG Tone Free FP9. But I have misophonia and there's no way I can put up with that wind sound during quiet parts of music.
sorry but i had three pairs in 6 weeks and could not be bothered with the Sony returns as having three sets has now put me off these as they seem to have
1. a quality control problem
2. a design flaw.
3. or both

I have given up on these as i still have the third pair but was going to try sony but did not like the sound of the if its not faulty we charge you. they said just to send them back to sony but since i have read that the xm3 and cans have the same problem i think is a bad design on the ANC mic as they did work for the first couple of weeks before the fault happens.

I am wating for the reviews of the STM3 next month as i just went back the the STM2 until then as i have lost all faith in these now as three replacements is just a joke in my view.

sorry to hear you have the same problem as me

Mar 29, 2022 at 7:56 PM Post #2,290 of 2,999
sorry but i had three pairs in 6 weeks and could not be bothered with the Sony returns as having three sets has now put me off these as they seem to have
1. a quality control problem
2. a design flaw.
3. or both

I have given up on these as i still have the third pair but was going to try sony but did not like the sound of the if its not faulty we charge you. they said just to send them back to sony but since i have read that the xm3 and cans have the same problem i think is a bad design on the ANC mic as they did work for the first couple of weeks before the fault happens.

I am wating for the reviews of the STM3 next month as i just went back the the STM2 until then as i have lost all faith in these now as three replacements is just a joke in my view.

sorry to hear you have the same problem as me
Thanks, I'll contact them tomorrow.

Mar 29, 2022 at 9:40 PM Post #2,291 of 2,999
Mar 29, 2022 at 10:21 PM Post #2,292 of 2,999
Try but still no luck.
It really drain very fast, if left ear buds drop 1% but right ear one will drop almost 10%, really annoying :disappointed:
Dun know is it because i upgrade to latest firmware or is hardware problem ?
I’m on latest fw and mine are like one bud drops 10% per hour and the other drop 10,5-11% per hour with anc and eq enabled

Mar 30, 2022 at 12:09 AM Post #2,294 of 2,999
Try but still no luck.
It really drain very fast, if left ear buds drop 1% but right ear one will drop almost 10%, really annoying :disappointed:
Dun know is it because i upgrade to latest firmware or is hardware problem ?
Is the voice detection (such as OK Google) activated? How about speak-to-chat?
Also, does the mobile phone (or the Bluetooth device you connect the XM4 to) has Bluetooth 5.2? In 5.2, this supports Isochronous Channels which allows individual buds to connect to your device directly. Without 5.2 support, I assume the Right bud is making the primary connection to the device and then it relays the Bluetooth connection to the Left bud (thus consuming more power).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back