Same frequency from 20Hz to 40kHz, the new S-master on SA-Z1 goes up to 100kHz

Android is a memory hog
WM1Z 230.6GB usable
WM1ZM2 215GB usable
WM1A 114.15GB usable
WM1AM2 103GB usable

At least WM1AM2 has fine sound register too

Feb 9, 2022 at 2:51 AM Post #393 of 1,079
I whish they had gone for a more modular concept. Like with the PHA-1A / NWZ-A15. Now your beautiful amp is tight to Android and will be obsolete once Android is. My ZX-1 is now pretty much useless, while my A15 just does continue doing its thing. I'll never pledge so much money for a product of which I'm completely sure will be obsolete when time passes by.

It looks beautiful though, with its big screen.

Feb 9, 2022 at 2:55 AM Post #394 of 1,079
As the thread is abuzz with pics and specs I just wanted to say I really enjoyed today. We all check in here at various times sharing in our enjoyment of our Sony daps etc, but today regardless of time zone many of us tuned in at one time to hear the announcement. Some are excited, some disappointed, but is was pretty cool seeing the number of users viewing the thread here and on the Youtube channel.
I was lucky as it was around my lunchtime but spent the first few minutes trying to change the subtitle language that had for some reason defaulted to Arabic!?

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2022 at 2:56 AM Post #395 of 1,079
I whish they had gone for a more modular concept. Like with the PHA-1A / NWZ-A15. Now your beautiful amp is tight to Android and will be obsolete once Android is. My ZX-1 is now pretty much useless, while my A15 just does continue doing its thing. I'll never pledge so much money for a product of which I'm completely sure will be obsolete when time passes by.

It looks beautiful though, with its big screen.
Can’t we just use it as native music player say 10years down the line even if we can’t update OS ?

Feb 9, 2022 at 2:59 AM Post #396 of 1,079
Can’t we just use it as native music player say 10years down the line even if we can’t update OS ?
If the battery can be changed easily, then yes. Having screws is a step in the right direction. My battery swapping attempts of the ZX-1 have failed though.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2022 at 3:10 AM Post #397 of 1,079
If ANY DAP lasts you 5y that's a great investment I'd say, even at $3400. Max I've gone with the same DAP so far is one year.

Feb 9, 2022 at 3:28 AM Post #399 of 1,079
I was so hoping that its just the current WM1Z with Android :D that would have saved me money. But of course they had to upgrade the sound. I was not expecting FTCAP3 and especially not this amount of wound capacitors.

I also was surprised that Sony uses the exact same board with the same capacitors in both players as this would make the difference extremely tiny and Sony openly says, that the difference between those two is, due to that, much smaller than with the old model.

Lowering the difference between those two and increasing the price of the WM1ZM2 at the same time sounds weird to me, but i never understood the pricing of Sony products.

Anyway, im looking forward to them. They seem like an upgrade to the current WM1Z in every aspect (even battery life), except Bluetooth Receiver mode. I hope that this is going to come but chances are low.

Oh and i think its cool that they replaced the 500mF capacitor with a worse one (in terms of numbers), because it sounds better. That is something typical for Sony most other brands are heavy lacking. Choosing parts by their sound and not by their measurement. Thumbs up for that bravery.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2022 at 3:30 AM Post #400 of 1,079
Well I'm excited anyway, Sony fanboy that I am... as an existing ZX507 and 1A owner, I've drooled at the prospect of owning the 1Z for quite a while and this announcement has rekindled that desire, be it for the OG or the new iteration. Challenge will be EU volume capped version and presumably no option to uncap being Android...

Feb 9, 2022 at 3:53 AM Post #402 of 1,079
Well I'm excited anyway, Sony fanboy that I am... as an existing ZX507 and 1A owner, I've drooled at the prospect of owning the 1Z for quite a while and this announcement has rekindled that desire, be it for the OG or the new iteration. Challenge will be EU volume capped version and presumably no option to uncap being Android...
Buy from Japan directly, thats how im going to do it. Its the exact same price if not cheaper and you can just set to your preferred language at first start

Feb 9, 2022 at 3:54 AM Post #403 of 1,079
Buy from Japan directly, thats how im going to do it. Its the exact same price if not cheaper and you can just set to your preferred language at first start
How will warranty be if we buy directly from Japan?

Feb 9, 2022 at 3:55 AM Post #404 of 1,079

Yeah I bought my ZX507 from Hong Kong for that reason. A bit more nervous at this price for the customs risk and warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back