Sony Walkman 'Japanese Versions' – Help for Dummies thread
Sep 29, 2012 at 10:51 PM Post #107 of 182
Do you mean drag & drop doesn't work on the Japanese version? I find that hard to believe as it is absolutely  fine with my EU version. The  headphone supplied are also shockingly good.

Quote:

Setting it to English is very easy. When you turn it on for the first time, it asks for the language, then all menus are in English. (There is one android app that is in [size=10pt]Japanese[/size], but I couldn't figure out what it's for.) You won't have any language related issues, but I doubt that dragging and dropping will work. At first, I tried Windows MP to transfer music files. WMP put everything in the MUSIC folder, but then the device could not see anything to play. (Strange) I use Media Go now. That way, everything is in order and you get the album art as well. As you notice from my post, you can create playlists easily. So I suggest using Media Go.
The only drawback of this device (like all Walkmans or Walkmen) is that it doesn't support gapless playback. Also, if you will pay $500 for a DAP, you'd better use it with some solid headphones instead of the supplied earphones. I use it with Ultrasone Pro 2900 and am very satisfied with the sound quality. 
I hope this helps.

Sep 30, 2012 at 7:40 AM Post #108 of 182
Quote:
Do you mean drag & drop doesn't work on the Japanese version? I find that hard to believe as it is absolutely  fine with my EU version. The  headphone supplied are also shockingly good.

Quote:

Setting it to English is very easy. When you turn it on for the first time, it asks for the language, then all menus are in English.

you can 'drag & drop' with the Z1070... if you use Atrac-Lossless your tunes will be put in the music-folder, if you use mp3 it'll probably end up in the media-go folder.

If you buy a Z1070... when you first turn on your WM-Z and icon will appear in Japanese, you click on that then you will see the language settings, one click in the language you desire (English or Japanese) & your done... simples.

Sep 30, 2012 at 11:10 AM Post #109 of 182
Interesting. I don't have a media-go folder on mine. Just drop everything in the Music folder and had no issues 
confused.gif

Sep 30, 2012 at 12:11 PM Post #110 of 182
Like I said, I didn't actually try to drag and drop my audio files in the music folder. Maybe it was that I used WMP. Even though after I transfered everything in WMP they ended up in the Music folder, when I tried the player there was nothing. That was strange. But the solution is simple, try drag&drop first, if it doesn't work use mediago or sonicstage. Just stay away from WMP :)
(Yep, I don't have a MediaGo folder either. MG places the music files in Music folder.)

Sep 30, 2012 at 10:48 PM Post #112 of 182
Quote:
Interesting. I don't have a media-go folder on mine. Just drop everything in the Music folder and had no issues 
confused.gif

You won't have a Media Go folder on your Z unless you have MediaGo installed on your PC. That folder is put there and in most other audio file storage devices so that (my guess anyway) it knows where to check for new audio/video/picture files you may have added since the last time it ran. Most of the programs like MGo do that. There are preference settings (in Manage Library, perhaps) in such programs to cut down on such behavior. I find it irritating that MGo and others start grabbing files out of any memory card or thumb drive I have plugged in whenever I start such programs. (Software engineers-
angry_face.gif
!). 

Drag and drop into the Music folder if MP3 or WMA. If you use X-App, it will put the OMG/OMA into OMGAUDIO on its own. MGo will use MUSIC on its own. I believe everything goes into music except OMG/OMA.  I just let MGo & XApp load the US Z and the Japanese Z (respectively) automatically these days. More specific details might be found in earlier posts. I don't bother with experiments much these days.
k701smile.gif

Oct 10, 2012 at 3:49 PM Post #113 of 182
been trying to figure how to transfer files automatically to MediaGo from SoniceStage... do I have to use mp3's?

just getting MediaGo to recognise SonicStage, like it does with WMP automatically would be a boon in fast transfer... any ideas?

Oct 10, 2012 at 9:02 PM Post #114 of 182
Hey,

Did you have any issues with your playlists in media go showing up on your device. I created the playlist within media go and then I put them onto the walkman. They all seemed to be syncing up fine. I checked the device in explorer to and the playlists are in the playlist folder. After I disconnect however when I go to the playlist section in the walkman there is only the sample playlist that came with the walkman. Am I doing something wrong? Please any help would be greatly appreciated.

Oct 10, 2012 at 9:13 PM Post #115 of 182
Quote:
I did it! And it was so easy I can't believe. Media Go places the playlists in the PLAYLIST folder in .pla format. All you have to do is go there and change the file extension from .pla to .m3u8 You don't even have to modify the file. Cool :)))

Walrus you are a genius. I spent all day trying to work out how to do this. I am very impressed with the sound quality on my walkman NW-Z1070 I was crying inside when I could'nt work this playlist issue out.

Thank You.

Oct 10, 2012 at 10:29 PM Post #116 of 182
Oct 10, 2012 at 10:30 PM Post #117 of 182
I'm curious, do these methods require you to manually select 'update database' on your player? It ought to help.

Oct 10, 2012 at 10:44 PM Post #118 of 182
Quote:
I'm curious, do these methods require you to manually select 'update database' on your player? It ought to help.

the Japanese Z1070 model is kinda different from the other versions of the WM-Z, if you're using mp3 it's no different from other WM-Z's... if you want to go 'lossless' and get album-art onto it you have to use SonicStage or the X-App (Now's the man to ask about this stuff)... it's a bit fiddly but you just get into a routine when loading music, it's worth it imo for the extra 32gb of memory & going 'lossless'.

Oct 10, 2012 at 10:58 PM Post #119 of 182
the Japanese Z1070 model is kinda different from the other versions of the WM-Z, if you're using mp3 it's no different from other WM-Z's... if you want to go 'lossless' and get album-art onto it you have to use SonicStage or the X-App (Now's the man to ask about this stuff)... it's a bit fiddly but you just get into a routine when loading music, it's worth it imo for the extra 32gb of memory & going 'lossless'.

The international NWZ-Z1050/1060 display album art normally for FLAC files, then? The one FLAC file I transferred over to the demo unit read the album art correctly (apart from the fact that it displayed the rear album art which I included as it was a split-single).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back