Sony Walkman 'Japanese Versions' – Help for Dummies thread
Mar 29, 2015 at 2:26 PM Post #181 of 182
  Hi,

I hope someone here can help me.

I have installed the x-application (latest version) on my laptop in order to transfer some oma files to my ZX1. However the app doesn't see or recognise my player.

Plugged in my old MZNH1 mini disc recorder for fun's sake and it recognised it straight away. I could even transfer some files accross.

Does X-app support new Sony walkmans?

Regards

I believe X-App will only download to Japanese WM.  I am unable to download into a US WM, even if I drag & drop an OMGAUDIO folder into the WM.  X-App does recognize the SD card in my PC just as it sees your MZNH1.   I use X-App with a Japan Z1070 and as a media server on my PC.  I don't have a ZX1 or ZX2, but I am sure that X-App will support all new Japanese WM.

I think this all has to do with DRM.  My guess is that even if I loaded oma files onto the SD card, I would not be able to play them if I put the card in a non Japanese market ZX2.  The  DRM restricts the devices that are authorized to play the content.

Mar 30, 2015 at 4:23 AM Post #182 of 182

I believe X-App will only download to Japanese WM.  I am unable to download into a US WM, even if I drag & drop an OMGAUDIO folder into the WM.  X-App does recognize the SD card in my PC just as it sees your MZNH1.   I use X-App with a Japan Z1070 and as a media server on my PC.  I don't have a ZX1 or ZX2, but I am sure that X-App will support all new Japanese WM.

I think this all has to do with DRM.  My guess is that even if I loaded oma files onto the SD card, I would not be able to play them if I put the card in a non Japanese market ZX2.  The  DRM restricts the devices that are authorized to play the content.

Hi,

I think you 're right mate. I also tried to copy .oma file directly into the music folder of my aussie ZX1, but its ignoring it completely.
I really dont understand Sony on this one and on many other things. Great engineering ruined by anti consumer bullcrap. They were selling ATRAC enabled devices for years here in Australia and then in their infinite wisdom decided to remove support that was already there. 

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back