Sony Walkman 'Japanese Versions' – Help for Dummies thread
Dec 29, 2013 at 10:52 PM Post #151 of 182
  Now-What... have you seen & tried this?... is it the same as the Japanese version you use for the Z1070?... any advice would be great

http://www.sony.net/Products/x-Application/eu/x-Application_Launcher/

OK-Guy    You got me started on this stuff again!  I updated X-APP (Japanese) and MediaGo today.  Then I tried the link above to X-Application.  Luckily, nothing ugly happened.  The link goes to CNET for a 3 year old download that was only downloaded about 6000 times (I bet Sony gave up on that ). I kept my eyes open, so only 1 of the usual CNET extra downloads made it onto my PC (now uninstalled).   Anyway, this X-Application was for storing and arranging photos-it's not for music.

But Flyer1's post (#144) had a link that led me after a few clicks to MediaGo for Japan - Version 2.6 .  The same version number available in other markets.  I'm very rusty on what can be done using Z1070 and non Japanese software or Z1060 and non English (and other languages) software, but maybe Z owners already familiar with MGo can get the Japanese version of it to use with their Z1070s. Or maybe one size fits all.

Japanese MGo      http://mediago.sony.com/jpn/download  (Use Google Chrome to translate)

Other MGo            http://mediago.sony.com/enu/features

I'll look into it;  or maybe someone else here already knows.

Jan 23, 2014 at 8:16 AM Post #152 of 182
Hi guys, 
Could any of you spot any difference with the stock player or the sound quality? I uploaded a few albums and played with the device last night but everything seems the same.
Maybe this was an update for picture and video apps? (Who watches their videos and view their pictures on a Walkman anyway? Total waste of functionality and processor power if you ask me.) Wonder if we can find the release notes for this update... Time to google. 

Feb 6, 2014 at 4:26 PM Post #154 of 182
I am going to go for it,ive got the886 and love it ,but prefer the tactile buttons,smaller footprint and battery life as i travel around all day,and now that it can play flac and hopefully go a bit louder.
But what is the deal with customs,if i ask the seller to send it as a gift with a value of £30 would i get away with it?

Feb 11, 2014 at 10:07 AM Post #155 of 182
  I am going to go for it,ive got the886 and love it ,but prefer the tactile buttons,smaller footprint and battery life as i travel around all day,and now that it can play flac and hopefully go a bit louder.
But what is the deal with customs,if i ask the seller to send it as a gift with a value of £30 would i get away with it?

depends on the seller, some are helpful some aren't, it really is pot luck.... make sure you get full-tracking & get them to confirm this before paying.

do not gift if you pay the vendor directly via Paypal, always tick the 'for goods' box.... I've never had a problem.

Feb 11, 2014 at 1:21 PM Post #156 of 182
Thanks for the reply,will the walkman be compatible with the english version of mediago? and will it be straightforwardto navigate around the menu?I have the e575 and it should be fairly similar!cheers.

Feb 11, 2014 at 1:49 PM Post #157 of 182
  Thanks for the reply,will the walkman be compatible with the english version of mediago? and will it be straightforwardto navigate around the menu?I have the e575 and it should be fairly similar!cheers.

yes you're fine using MediaGo (English version), I use it.

When you buy a F887/ZX1 (or F886) from Japan there are two languages available English or Japanese (Asian versions are set to English), when you first turn it on it is in Japanese, you click the icon at the bottom & it takes you to the next page, you are then offered the language setting Japanese or English, click on English and you're done... if you ever need any help just ask & we'll do our best to help.

best place to buy is Price-Japan... they'll mark the value at $100, chose the FedEx/DHL option and you shouldn't get hit for Customs... choosing EMS will probably get you a small Customs charge of £20-30.... hope that helps.

Feb 15, 2014 at 11:47 AM Post #159 of 182
  The s786 is Japanese only,and was only meant for Japanese market that is why i am wondering if it is compatible and if media go will recognise it.I dont think price Japan sell it.

My guess is that it will be compatible, or at least partly compatible.  Sony Japan lists it as compatible at this page:
http://www.sony.jp/support/audiosoftware/mediago/compatible/walkman.html

Most of the players seem to find all mass storage devices on a PC and try to make themselves the default player when installed or upgraded.  I always look around in preferences or settings for a way to quarantine each player I use to a certain set of folders in my PC to avoid the problems I've had when the players try to take over. (I have no love for software writers that set us up for such problems!).  You will find Media Go folders throughout your PC and 1 on your WM.

Feb 17, 2014 at 5:50 PM Post #160 of 182
To add to my reply to cattlethief, I decided to try Media Go in English with my NW-A867/VI  Japanese only 64GB WM (non Android). The first thing Media Go did was offer an upgrade to the A867.  I allowed it to do so.  The agreement screen that popped up was in Japanese (I have a Windows Japanese language pack installed, otherwise I would expect jibberish).  I was able to cut & paste most of this into Google Translate. It was just an update for Bluetooth & other improvements.  Once I checked the agreement box and chose the U option to update now (versus L for later), the update proceeded.  The PC update screens were in English and the WM screens were in Japanese.  The update was successful.

I did get a Windows pop up which advised that the device needed to be formatted and offered to do so. I closed that window!  The place where MediaGo has a button to eject the WM remained in a circle pattern as if busy, but hovering over it brought up an Idle message and MGo allowed me to precede normally.  I downloaded a few albums and used Windows "Safely Remove Hardware & Media" to eject the WM.  The albums were on the WM with their art and no apparent problems.

So, if you are familiar with using MGo and other operations such as updating and ejecting, Media Go in your language appears to work in Japanese WM.  When connecting to the PC, a red circle pattern appears on the WM which turns to blue when connected to the PC. When it is Ejected, the normal start screen with the various application icons is displayed while still wired to the PC.  The albums are stored in a Music folder you can see using Windows Explorer.

Of course, X-App still blows MGo's doors off ! 
atsmile.gif

Feb 19, 2014 at 6:51 AM Post #161 of 182
Of course, X-App still blows MGo's doors off ! 
atsmile.gif

I'm using X-app, too - it supports all my old Network Walkman players (NW-HD1 - NW-HD5, even the Viao Pocket!) and it's a proper, modern music manager.

I have no Japanese at all - I cannot understand a single letter, I'm working out how it works by trial and error, so I have a question: I use the Dynamic Playlists (just like iTunes smart playlists) and can filter by genre, date etc but I cannot find the menu item to filter by Playlist and I can't get the dynamic playlist results in Artist order - I can get album order, but not Artist.

Is there a member using X-app with good Japanese who could let me know how to find these functions? I would really appreciate any guidance.

Cheers,

Andy

Feb 20, 2014 at 12:04 AM Post #162 of 182
Hello WalkingMan, I don't use playlist so I'm not sure what you are asking.  Are you trying to look at already created playlists?
The leftmost column of X-App lets you choose what is displayed in the large window.  The musical note icon near the top of it chooses your recorded music.  The icon just below that (with a right pointing arrow) is for playlists.  The top of the large window should then allow sorting by column items.

The top border menu (E) is for playlist options.

Control + Alt + N brings up a dynamic playlist creation box.  The top box is for the playlist name. The 1st circle is to choose  Match all conditions (of the options chosen next, I suppose) while the 2nd circle Matches any of the conditions.  The left drop down menu gives you various criteria starting with Artist, then 3rd is Album, then 4th is Genre...  The two characters in parentheses in positions 2, 4 and elsewhere are to choose to input in Japanese. Once you chose a selection you can scroll down in the next box or start typing in the name.  The next box allows some choices that seem to go with the "Match any or all" choice from the earlier circle choices.  A is Add the next item in your list.  The lower left boxes have to do with some upper limit on the list.  The (O) gives some options for playback starting with random and including release date, etc.  I don't know enough about playlists to help more.  The lower right boxes are OK to finish and cancel.

Perhaps something here helps..

Feb 20, 2014 at 12:51 PM Post #163 of 182
Many thanks Now What for the very useful run-down of the dynamic playlist box - I would never have guessed the Match all / Match any radio buttons and that really is a brilliant piece of knowledge. There is a great deal of useful info there and I thank you very much for it.

I have placed an image to show the areas I'm clueless about - the image shows the configuration for a playlist which finds all songs labelled "New Music" added in the last 3 weeks and presents it in Album order - I would really appreciate it if you could let me know if you see anything related to "Playlist" in the Left-hand "conditions" drop-down or anything related to "Artist" in the Right-hand "display order" drop-down.

Either way, I would like to thank you again both for your help with the dynamic playlists and for all your other tutorials earlier in the thread without which I could never even have attempted to use  X-App which really has given a new lease on life to my elderly Sony DAPs.

Cheers,

Andy

Feb 20, 2014 at 10:59 PM Post #164 of 182
I'm glad my post was helpful WalkingMan.
The ScrnPrnt in post 163 is for dynamic list creation.  As far as I know, you can only search for artists you wish to include in the playlist, not display them.  I believe you are trying to display your playlist by artist. Perhaps this ScrnPrnt will help.

Oval 1 is where to click to display your music library (musical note icon) or normal playlists (arrow icon).  The little white box with Japanese writing is click to create playlists.
Oval 2 is the column heading for artist.  I am using it to show what the word artist looks like in Japanese.  Oval 3 is a dynamic playlist titled "dynamic playlist" in Japanese  to display that word. Clicking on the arrow in that oval will open up that playlist so that artist and other info is displayed.
More importantly, the arrow 4 is where the dynamic playlists are located.  Clicking on that will list them in the main window.

Is that what you were looking for?

Mar 18, 2014 at 9:38 AM Post #165 of 182
anyone help me,i can't update my Z 1070 jpn to 2.02, im using 2.01. i've tried using ota or using pc. when i click system update in the setting its said some thing like this " an error occured in system update. ( error code :0). when i use pc, its stuck in 80% an the program just stop and exit. its rooted using that chinese software vroot, i've tried un rooted it but its just the same. i cant even factory reset my Z, when i click reset device and erase everything, nothing happen. can enyone help meee?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back