Sony Walkman custom firmware (non-Android)
Oct 2, 2020 at 11:33 AM Post #196 of 8,329
x2. And boy is my wallet happy for it. Amen!

Funny how the 1Z jumped into top dog position? Oh wait?

I still need to listen to the 1A?
:0

Oct 2, 2020 at 11:36 AM Post #197 of 8,329
IMG_20201002_232518922.jpg

Grate success :)

Edit: what... what is this magic
Ive got it for the a45 as a beta tester, same i said... What happened to this little thing, I’m trying to get a a55 (though cash right now is really scarce) to compare both of em with this fw, but definitely it becomes something else. I’m actually using more the a45 rather than my zx300 for on the go due to the amazing sound, battery life and portability

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2020 at 11:36 AM Post #198 of 8,329
Funny how the 1Z jumped into top dog position? Oh wait?

I still need to listen to the 1A?
:0
Scary preposition. I must as well. Tomorrow will be another fun day of experimenting. But at home. Will be nice to compare the 1A and 1Z

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2020 at 11:42 AM Post #199 of 8,329
Ive got it for the a45 as a beta tester, same i said... What happened to this little thing, I’m trying to get a a55 (though cash right now is really scarce) to compare both of em with this fw, but definitely it becomes something else. I’m actually using more the a45 rather than my zx300 for on the go due to the amazing sound and portability

My jaw is on the floor. I thought the A55 was more than competent before, but the firmware has gently stripped it of its kid gloves and said "you can be more than this, you are the little player that could, now go kick some a**"! Holy moly!

Oct 2, 2020 at 11:54 AM Post #200 of 8,329
Oct 2, 2020 at 12:18 PM Post #202 of 8,329
As a sidenote, kudos to @MrWalkman for the completely painless and downright idiotproof installation process. Stress-free, package comes with everything that is required, reset utility in case device needs to go back to Sony... absolutely nothing like trying to flash an Android phone, that's for sure!

Oct 2, 2020 at 12:23 PM Post #203 of 8,329
As a sidenote, kudos to @MrWalkman for the completely painless and downright idiotproof installation process. Stress-free, package comes with everything that is required, reset utility in case device needs to go back to Sony... absolutely nothing like trying to flash an Android phone, that's for sure!

Thanks!

Some days having random ideas went into it. I sometimes do totally unrelated stuff, and an idea pops into my head and I'm doing the "math" in my mind, like "hmm..." 😅

I always like to automate as many things as possible.

Oct 2, 2020 at 12:26 PM Post #204 of 8,329
For cleanly and get the best sound out of our Walkman, yes it is necessary.

Oct 2, 2020 at 12:35 PM Post #205 of 8,329
... it is super easy and yet people have to ask the same question all the time, reading the instructions always makes the trick

Oct 2, 2020 at 12:36 PM Post #206 of 8,329
... it is super easy and yet people have to ask the same question all the time, reading the instructions always makes the trick
There were initial problems but as he mentioned, were fixed

Oct 2, 2020 at 12:39 PM Post #207 of 8,329
Thanks!

Some days having random ideas went into it. I sometimes do totally unrelated stuff, and an idea pops into my head and I'm doing the "math" in my mind, like "hmm..." 😅

I always like to automate as many things as possible.

I can’t believe how natural yet exciting it is. I was listening to a soundtrack that I use to demo gear and there were new details on top of details which I have never heard in my life. Also little bass bumps in places that were always there but never retrieved before now. It’s crazy just how well everything is placed. Not only is the soundstage huge, but it’s perfectly filled in and correct. There is nothing 1/2 way off about this it’s a stunning masterpiece as far as I’m concerned. Also deep inside it still has some perfect style of Sony DNA, where the Sony sound has not been forgotten but enhanced and showcased. Even after trying different IEMs, nothing sounds off or too hot or anything. It’s a jack of all trades style of tone! I can’t belive it, nothing this good could have even been imagined. I’m beyond words.....here....but I’m doing my best to write?

Using Walkman 1Z “J” region HanSound ZENTOO and Noble Audio K-10 Encore.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2020 at 12:40 PM Post #208 of 8,329
Yes @MrWalkman always ensures that no stones are unturned when using his installers and almost always includes a read me file with the package. However this time the installers were a bit buggy hence the confusion from many. I’ve been testing his firmware for a long time now. Way before the public releases even. And I too ran into a glitch with the installer earlier. He has since fixed the issues with the updated installers. So it’s all good now.

Oct 2, 2020 at 1:31 PM Post #210 of 8,329
Gosh now I need to buy another 1z cause of this new fw aaa boyy

:deadhorse: :boom: :tiger: :beerchug: :smile_cat: :feet:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back