Sony V6 and Amazon
Feb 1, 2011 at 9:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

Doorbell

100+ Head-Fier
I thought this was weird, but last night when I checked amazon for the v6's it listed as only 10 left in stock and when I went on in the morning to order a set they were all sold out! I thought that was weird. I didn't think the v6's still sold that well, boy was I wrong.

Feb 1, 2011 at 9:45 PM Post #2 of 28
I bought one last week.

Sony is Sony, no matter how better ATH, Denon or AKG could be at the same price, most people just go with the flow. I dont blame them, if you dont know about something and want just to buy it, no big deal researching, well, sony is what they have right in front.

I hope these are better than standard sony studio headphones tho.

Feb 1, 2011 at 9:58 PM Post #3 of 28
The 7506/V6 is a very popular and classic headphone that's been in production for more than a decade. Pre-M50, 750DJ, MS1i days, they were the top choice for sub $100 headphones. No surprise they're still super popular.

Feb 1, 2011 at 10:05 PM Post #4 of 28
Amazon had it for $70, but now it's through another seller for $78.  

Feb 1, 2011 at 10:07 PM Post #5 of 28
Do you think Sony is killing it?

Feb 1, 2011 at 10:08 PM Post #6 of 28
Be careful buying through Amazon, sellers there do sell fakes!

Electronics Expo.com has the V6's for $65, and are an authorized Sony retailer.

Feb 1, 2011 at 10:13 PM Post #7 of 28
Yeah I ended up buying them at b&h for the same price as amazon plus I got the deluxe ear pads to go with them. Hopefully this is going to be my last headphone purchase of the year (well maybe Ill get the 940 later on...).

Feb 1, 2011 at 10:46 PM Post #8 of 28
I think Sony IS killing the V6!  It's NOT on it's Japan site!?! 
http://www.jp.sonystyle.com/Product/Audio/Headphone/index.html

Feb 1, 2011 at 11:05 PM Post #9 of 28

Quote:
I think Sony IS killing the V6!  It's NOT on it's Japan site!?! 
http://www.jp.sonystyle.com/Product/Audio/Headphone/index.html

That would suck, from what I read on the v6 wiki page, they have been around for a long time. The v6 was one of those headphones I've read about, how they last long and sound great that I couldn't help but to get once I got some cash. Hopefully I will like them (which I probably will, I'm not a audiophile, I just really like headphones and the privacy that comes with them).

Feb 2, 2011 at 2:28 AM Post #11 of 28
Afraid that they will be gone for good, I just ordered a pair from Amazon. It is sold and shipped by Amazon so I should be good. It's $70 delivered! I'll post a side by side compare against the MDR-7506. Should be fun. Stay tuned!

Feb 3, 2011 at 2:53 PM Post #13 of 28
I got my v6s in today but the sound on the left ear cup cuts in and out. The sound doesn't go out all the way but you can definitely tell that it's gotten softer. This sucks.

Feb 3, 2011 at 4:05 PM Post #14 of 28
They ship fairly quickly too. My family got my dad a set to use for mixing at the church. They really are good as inexpensive, revealing headphones. In fact, I was recommended them on here...and then I decided to try a pair of Grado's, and now I think i'm hooked. Gee, thanks a lot everyone.

Really though, for the price the V6 is a good headphone, I don't enjoy the sound so much for listening for enjoyment, but it is very revealing, especially for its price.
Quote:
Be careful buying through Amazon, sellers there do sell fakes!

Electronics Expo.com has the V6's for $65, and are an authorized Sony retailer.

Feb 3, 2011 at 5:07 PM Post #15 of 28

Quote:
I got my v6s in today but the sound on the left ear cup cuts in and out. The sound doesn't go out all the way but you can definitely tell that it's gotten softer. This sucks.

Sorry to hear that.  Was it sold/shipped through Amazon?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back