Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
Dec 17, 2016 at 9:55 AM Post #7,472 of 7,711
For what cost?

​I wanted to have the Glass replaced on my A845 Walkman. Went to my local Saturn store where I bought it from. They said something of 200€ for such a repair. Kind of inclusive cost.

Dec 17, 2016 at 1:40 PM Post #7,473 of 7,711
Wish all these walkmans had a slot where we could just replace the battery if it died, just like the blackberry and some samsung phones.
But that too would be pointless because then the battery would be outdated as their shapes keep changing into newer devices.
The only logic would be that batteries should have a recommended "standard" size.
But what's the point in me going on when no one wants to save the pjanet:space_invader:

Dec 23, 2016 at 4:38 AM Post #7,477 of 7,711
I am a newbie, got a second hand ZX1 on eBay for £195, please with it since turning off every single google service :)

Dipping my big toe into apple lossless (I am invested in iTunes so it is easier)

Because it's Android OS many of the fixes will be similar on google search.

Dec 27, 2016 at 6:36 PM Post #7,478 of 7,711
Hi Folks, Is there a chance to get it repaired in  reasonable price?

Dec 28, 2016 at 1:54 AM Post #7,480 of 7,711
Hi Folks, Is there a chance to get it repaired in  reasonable price?

Maybe a smartphone repair shop can help. The ZX1 is not too different from your Android phone. They do it for reasonable prices.

Dec 28, 2016 at 9:32 AM Post #7,481 of 7,711
Maybe a smartphone repair shop can help. The ZX1 is not too different from your Android phone. They do it for reasonable prices.

Yes, I'd email some smartphone screen repair shops with those photos, see if they can have the glass custom cut.

One then needs to consider whether the repair cost warrants fixing the device. 

Dec 28, 2016 at 12:19 PM Post #7,482 of 7,711
Yes, I'd email some smartphone screen repair shops with those photos, see if they can have the glass custom cut.

One then needs to consider whether the repair cost warrants fixing the device. 

But again, what happened? What should we all not do, that you obviously did? Something related to Jimi Hendrix?

Dec 28, 2016 at 12:33 PM Post #7,483 of 7,711
But again, what happened? What should we all not do, that you obviously did? Something related to Jimi Hendrix?

I've done many things I shouldn't have, things I regret that will stick me through life.

But I didn't break the ZX1 screen. :wink:

Dec 28, 2016 at 1:38 PM Post #7,484 of 7,711
I've done many things I shouldn't have, things I regret that will stick me through life.

But I didn't break the ZX1 screen. :wink:

I shot the sheriff, but I did not break the walkman screen......

Dec 29, 2016 at 3:18 PM Post #7,485 of 7,711
I got my new replacement battery and soldered it on the pcb without any problems. It was a bit difficult to remove the old battery without applying to much strenght/strain on the battery because the tape of it is very strong, but I got it done without damaging any parts. Walkman works again.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back