Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
Jun 26, 2014 at 11:24 AM Post #5,821 of 7,711

According to sony:
"Update content: Enhanced the security of the body software"

This has nothing to do with sound quality. You guys are only wishing and believing there is a difference to sound.
So Sony releases an update 1.1, their first update. Then very shortly after they magically discover untold improvements and deliver that goodness to it's customers, I think not. It was a block to prevent Geohot's Android root method. Read above.

I know the update content but it was improved :) Lucky
Or you think sound is not changed?

Jun 26, 2014 at 11:35 AM Post #5,822 of 7,711
I believe it has more to do with people blocking their devices. That being said, at least let me remove whatever programs you out on my device... lots of crap, especially on cell phones, which are useless.
You are on the newest firmware 1.11,correct?

No, I will not update as I believe this small patch is a stop to the current root hack even though it(Geohot's) does not currently work. Therefore a bug exists that Sony decided to plug before it's too late.

Jun 26, 2014 at 11:07 PM Post #5,824 of 7,711
To my ears, the 1.11 update didn't affect anything really. SQ remains unchanged, UI still relatively smooth - if anything the fact that the update forced me to reset my ZX1 probably helped flush out the RAM and make it a little quicker, but that's pretty normal especially on Android devices.

Jun 27, 2014 at 6:14 AM Post #5,826 of 7,711
Why are you selling after you posted with great intensity and vigor about this dap?

Jun 27, 2014 at 7:01 AM Post #5,827 of 7,711
  Why are you selling after you posted with great intensity and vigor about this dap?

Selling because I want to try an AK120 mkII 
biggrin.gif

Jun 27, 2014 at 9:04 AM Post #5,828 of 7,711
Very nice looking dap although shame about that smallish screen. Very expensive for no sound quality upgrade. What happens if you prefer the ZX-1? Better to keep both for now and sell the loser.
Wow about the price!!!

Jun 27, 2014 at 5:35 PM Post #5,830 of 7,711

Selling because I want to try an AK120 mkII 
biggrin.gif

I can't believe that you are falling into the AK trap.  6 more months and your model will be obsolete.  Man...and $1700 isn't cheap either.  If the AK120 mkII and your CIEM of choice is your only source/setup, I'm good with that.  But I bet you that the ZX1 line out + Pico Power will sound better than the AK120 MKII with nearly $700 left in your pocket though.  IMO, portable setups are becoming very poor value.  For instance, one person can build a very nice Stax system for less than the price of the AK120 MKII alone.  

Very nice looking dap although shame about that smallish screen. Very expensive for no sound quality upgrade. What happens if you prefer the ZX-1? Better to keep both for now and sell the loser.
Wow about the price!!!

I agree with you, but i'm sure that the sound of the AK120 MKII will be better than the ZX1 right...it is newer & pricier after all.  Even still, $1700 for a portable DAP is still a bit much. 

Jun 27, 2014 at 5:44 PM Post #5,831 of 7,711
I was tempted myself... I'm guilty. I really do love my Zx1...AK scares me... I more interested in Calyx M, then Cowon plenue... Then AK. Like I said, ak scares me. They seem way overpriced... I'd have extremely high expectations at those prices... If I went with the ak100 I think I'd miss my zx1.

Jun 27, 2014 at 6:04 PM Post #5,832 of 7,711
I was tempted myself... I'm guilty. I really do love my Zx1...AK scares me... I more interested in Calyx M, then Cowon plenue... Then AK. Like I said, ak scares me. They seem way overpriced... I'd have extremely high expectations at those prices... If I went with the ak100 I think I'd miss my zx1.

Trust me, I feel the same way but at the end of the day I don't put that much emphasis on portable listening despite owning the ZX1 & JH13pro, still if some people do then it is more power to them.  What I don't agree with is the way AK is revamping their line up every 6 months or so while continue to push for higher price.  I think a search for a portable audiophile heaven is getting to be very very expensive now.  Can you imagine spending 5K for a portable setup?  Give AK couple more years.  
biggrin.gif
wink.gif
  For instance, an AK240 is nearly the same price as Justin's fabulous sounding Headamp GS-X MKII? 

Jun 27, 2014 at 6:05 PM Post #5,833 of 7,711
had two updates for my ZX1 today (don't panic it's the previous & current).. forgot just how much I love its design.

I can detect differences between ZX1 & F887 now, they're subtle but apparent... I'll do some A & B'ing over the weekend, first time I've had both in my hands for months.

Jun 27, 2014 at 6:30 PM Post #5,834 of 7,711
  I agree with you, but i'm sure that the sound of the AK120 MKII will be better than the ZX1 right...it is newer & pricier after all.  Even still, $1700 for a portable DAP is still a bit much. 

Be aware that the original AK120 supposedly sounds better than every AK DAP except the 240, so says (2) different HeadFiers:

HERE

Jun 27, 2014 at 6:56 PM Post #5,835 of 7,711

Be aware that the original AK120 supposedly sounds better than every AK DAP except the 240, so says (2) different HeadFiers:

HERE

So ....our beloved ZX1 should sound even better than all of the AK DAPs beside the AK240 then given Anax preference of ZX1 over the AK120?  And according to one of the member here, the iPhone 5S should sound even better than most of the AK offerings given that he likes the sound of his iPhone 5S just as much as the ZX1.  What I'm trying to say is that this whole DAPs things are getting out of control.  
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back