Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
May 12, 2014 at 6:37 PM Post #5,282 of 7,711
Still waiting for my zx1, over a week now, it's stuck at a Parcelforce depot awaiting payment of customs charges. They take their time sending out a letter saying how much I owe. So frustrating. 
angry_face.gif

May 13, 2014 at 4:44 AM Post #5,285 of 7,711
may be ...a 256 Gb version announced at the Munich's High-End show this week ? 
rolleyes.gif
    dreaming...... 

May 13, 2014 at 5:32 AM Post #5,286 of 7,711
  may be ...a 256 Gb version announced at the Munich's High-End show this week ? 
rolleyes.gif
    dreaming...... 

I think the future version is likely to have 128 plus and expansion slot. I did read somewhere that zx-2 was going to have native DSD but no matter how much I am searching for it I cannot find it. 

I was going to find a way to purchase the ZX-1 this week but I rather wait now. 

May 13, 2014 at 6:21 AM Post #5,287 of 7,711
  I think the future version is likely to have 128 plus and expansion slot. I did read somewhere that zx-2 was going to have native DSD but no matter how much I am searching for it I cannot find it. 

I was going to find a way to purchase the ZX-1 this week but I rather wait now. 

I think you might not see the next Walkman until next year it appears they can't meet demand of the ZX1, normally Sony announce things at CanJam but you may have to wait until CES or later... it was 'What Hi-Fi' who mentioned forthcoming Walkman (January'ish), DSD native, SD Card and USB connection.

If you want a stop-gap but don't want to pay ZX1 prices go for the F886/7 it sounds exactly the same as ZX1 (I own both F887/ZX1), hth. 

May 13, 2014 at 6:28 AM Post #5,288 of 7,711
  Still waiting for my zx1, over a week now, it's stuck at a Parcelforce depot awaiting payment of customs charges. They take their time sending out a letter saying how much I owe. So frustrating. 
angry_face.gif

once you pay they deliver Parcel within two days... if you have letter phone your local Parcelforce Depot and pay them, you'll get it next day that way, hth.

May 13, 2014 at 6:49 AM Post #5,289 of 7,711

I think you might not see the next Walkman until next year it appears they can't meet demand of the ZX1, normally Sony announce things at CanJam but you may have to wait until CES or later... it was 'What Hi-Fi' who mentioned forthcoming Walkman (January'ish), DSD native, SD Card and USB connection.

If you want a stop-gap but don't want to pay ZX1 prices go for the F886/7 it sounds exactly the same as ZX1 (I own both F887/ZX1), hth. 

Where I live ZX-1 is about the same price a F series walkman (as I need to import). 

May 13, 2014 at 7:07 AM Post #5,290 of 7,711

I want to get the ZX1 and I just have a couple questions:

-Is the interface fast and fluid? Does it drop frames/microstutter?

-Does the device ever crash?

Thank you

For me personally the UI is fine (not as zippy as say the Xperia Z1), but sometimes touches fail to register in the music app - like I'm moving too fast and the player is still trying to finish what I got it to do before.

May 13, 2014 at 7:16 AM Post #5,292 of 7,711
For me personally the UI is fine (not as zippy as say the Xperia Z1), but sometimes touches fail to register in the music app - like I'm moving too fast and the player is still trying to finish what I got it to do before.

But to put that in context, it is still the most fluid and fast UI in a dap currently available, (even bests the AK240). Yes the latest smart phone is a bit faster, they have quad core cpu's vs the dual core in the ZX1, and they also use a lot more battery. Sony made a good choice with the ZX1 balancing high performance with battery life, most other dap's use much slower cpu's than the ZX1 still.

May 13, 2014 at 8:09 AM Post #5,293 of 7,711

But to put that in context, it is still the most fluid and fast UI in a dap currently available, (even bests the AK240). Yes the latest smart phone is a bit faster, they have quad core cpu's vs the dual core in the ZX1, and they also use a lot more battery. Sony made a good choice with the ZX1 balancing high performance with battery life, most other dap's use much slower cpu's than the ZX1 still.

Ah yes true, but also coming from using Android since the first Galaxy S - which was what, 4 year ago? - and iPod Classics and the NWZ-A867 (fast in general but soooo slow with playlists) I'm quite happy how responsive the system is AS A WHOLE, at the same time with how advanced touch screen technology is now and maybe compared to other similar Androids the touch screen is one of the only things I have a tiny niggle with.

Correct me if I'm mistaken but I'm guessing Sony is marketing this as a mainstream entry into the audiophile world, and maybe it's just an issue with the music app but for me I was just a bit taken aback how multiple taps wouldn't respond when my previous experiences with touch screens has been so consistent. So for me it's not really a question of high performance/battery life, but the quality of the touch operations. Like you can see the app feeding back as an entry turns blue when you touch it... so it seems the player is keeping up but for some reason it doesn't play the track.

May 13, 2014 at 12:36 PM Post #5,295 of 7,711

Ah yes true, but also coming from using Android since the first Galaxy S - which was what, 4 year ago? - and iPod Classics and the NWZ-A867 (fast in general but soooo slow with playlists) I'm quite happy how responsive the system is AS A WHOLE, at the same time with how advanced touch screen technology is now and maybe compared to other similar Androids the touch screen is one of the only things I have a tiny niggle with.

Correct me if I'm mistaken but I'm guessing Sony is marketing this as a mainstream entry into the audiophile world, and maybe it's just an issue with the music app but for me I was just a bit taken aback how multiple taps wouldn't respond when my previous experiences with touch screens has been so consistent. So for me it's not really a question of high performance/battery life, but the quality of the touch operations. Like you can see the app feeding back as an entry turns blue when you touch it... so it seems the player is keeping up but for some reason it doesn't play the track.

This is my first touch screen dap with Sony and I definitely don't have any issues with the UI. I'm usually very particular with Ui and battery  life but the Sony ZX1 delivers for me. The only thing I would like in the future is a sd slot but 128gb is good enough for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back