Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
Mar 24, 2014 at 4:25 AM Post #4,471 of 7,711
  Look what I found today: 
http://www.chromeindustries.com/de/en/accessories/accessory-pouches/phone-pouch

It looks a bit like the pouch we discussed from Japan, does it not?

Ilkyway

Nah , it doesn't seem compatible with ZX1 and the site doesn't show its measures . And

Look at that angle on top , way way to dangerous for your IEMs

Mar 24, 2014 at 4:34 AM Post #4,472 of 7,711

the messures are given but it is not clear if inside or outside: 7,6 cm, 12,7 cm 3,8 cm. The ZX1 has 6,7 cm, 12,5 and 1,8 cm with the cruzelite case. 

With angel do you mean the thing where the key is attached?

Mar 24, 2014 at 5:00 AM Post #4,473 of 7,711
  Lol mine is completely naked, not even a screen protector sheet XD

I keep mine completely unprotected in a pouch full of sand and rusted screws.

I place mine in this.

(image missing) 

But I probably will go with you guys .
A lanyard and a screen protector would do the job just fine without sacrificing the look . I find it hard to imagine a situation that will knock your DAP to the ground with the strap already around your fingers . The protection is natural to our reflex when we drop something and it goes really well with any kind of electronic devices by available in many different colors , shapes and sizes of our favorite (you can buy it anywhere , not necessary of this exact model or brand )

When you travel or dont feel like to hold it in your hand , you can put it in a carrying/travel case for protection , which you can attach to your trousers for easy access and just use the lanyard to pull it out when needed . Perfect combination of safety and attractiveness, IMO

Mar 24, 2014 at 5:04 AM Post #4,474 of 7,711

the messures are given but it is not clear if inside or outside: 7,6 cm, 12,7 cm 3,8 cm. The ZX1 has 6,7 cm, 12,5 and 1,8 cm with the cruzelite case. 

With angel do you mean the thing where the key is attached?

Sorry , I didn't notice that . But the biggest concern is the top of the case . As you can see , when you close the case , the plug of your IEMs will be bent down , potentially get damaged overtime .
That case is poorly designed , I think , because it doesn't even seem you can close it with the smartphone/DAP shown in the picture or a long smartphone or DAP

Mar 24, 2014 at 5:40 AM Post #4,476 of 7,711

@ Music 225 You did notice that both Cecala and Mimouille are beeing ironic about the no-case talk, yes?

About the case I linked: you are right. Did not think it through. 

Ilkyway

:D
I was just joking along by using those 2 pictures then put my thoughts later to support the idea that you can decently protect your DAP without the need to hide its classy design behind a protective case

Mar 24, 2014 at 12:01 PM Post #4,477 of 7,711
Beggers belief how Sony ever sell anything 
mad.gif
 chased my order today, due to be delivered 21st to 24th as no one bothered to let me know that ZX1 stock has been further delayed for the UK; after the first batch of 20 that is.

They say now the 31st, if there is anyone else waiting...FYI.

They really know how to spoil the shopping experience 
angry_face.gif

Sorry, rant over 
rolleyes.gif
 just excited and getting impatient now; will get the pha-2 from PJ!

Mar 24, 2014 at 12:32 PM Post #4,478 of 7,711
Yep same here. I phoned them today, my Zx1 will ship around 7th April. Ordered the pha2 from Pj, that will prob arrive first!

Mar 24, 2014 at 1:18 PM Post #4,479 of 7,711
Yep same here. I phoned them today, my Zx1 will ship around 7th April. Ordered the pha2 from Pj, that will prob arrive first!

I bet it does! Did you go for DHL or the normal delivery from PJ? I didn't want to buy cables etc with the pha-2 from PJ if sony messed up the order completely, leaving me without a ZX1, which is why I was waiting.

Did they say the 7th was the next stock due, as they wouldn't confirm if mine was allocated from the stock on the 31st.

Mar 24, 2014 at 1:41 PM Post #4,480 of 7,711
Has anyone else noticed that if the "Music, video, games & other media" volume slider is placed in it's maximum position, you get slight distortion? only happens on a few albums I have, so not all.

Also has anyone figured out a way of searching for albums and artists by typing in a search as opposed to scrolling through the artist or album lists?

BTW I friggin love this device! The uncompressed albums, even non HR tracks I have just come alive with the ZX1 especally the well produced ones! The wide soundstage is just great. Dire Straits - On every street is glorious!

Mar 24, 2014 at 2:17 PM Post #4,481 of 7,711
Mannp and mccol - when did you order yours? I chased mine today (ordered on 7 march) and was told it was being withheld as I hadn't e-signed the finance form with creation?

Of course it does help if creation let me know this (I had zero correspondence from them but they took first payment so I assumed all was dandy). I've now down my bit but I'm worried that they will not have a zx1 to send me now!

I am so impatient it's horrible!!

Mar 24, 2014 at 3:25 PM Post #4,482 of 7,711
I bet it does! Did you go for DHL or the normal delivery from PJ? I didn't want to buy cables etc with the pha-2 from PJ if sony messed up the order completely, leaving me without a ZX1, which is why I was waiting.

Did they say the 7th was the next stock due, as they wouldn't confirm if mine was allocated from the stock on the 31st.

Chap said that the stock that is due on 31st is already allocated and that I would get mine from the 7th April stock. I only ordered last week.
Chose DHL for the postage from PJ, seems the best way of keeping taxes down.

Mar 24, 2014 at 3:27 PM Post #4,483 of 7,711
Mannp and mccol - when did you order yours? I chased mine today (ordered on 7 march) and was told it was being withheld as I hadn't e-signed the finance form with creation?

Of course it does help if creation let me know this (I had zero correspondence from them but they took first payment so I assumed all was dandy). I've now down my bit but I'm worried that they will not have a zx1 to send me now!

Only ordered last week, hence having to wait until 7th April. I almost missed the esig on Creation as well, wasn't that obvious.

Mar 24, 2014 at 4:43 PM Post #4,484 of 7,711
Anyone have a list of things i can do to the ZX1 to maximize battery life?

Mar 24, 2014 at 6:05 PM Post #4,485 of 7,711

8th originally and then cancelled and used the discount from my Xperia Ultra purchase on the 10th, so I missed the first batch, but got the discount, so am not complaining about that.
Paid in full, so don't know about the option. It was tempting, but felt dealing with another third party may jeopardise that stock, knowing Sonys systems are not very slick.

Chap said that the stock that is due on 31st is already allocated and that I would get mine from the 7th April stock. I only ordered last week.
Chose DHL for the postage from PJ, seems the best way of keeping taxes down.

Seems to be the view I have read too, that dhl somehow limits taxes.

Want to invest in some better balanced headphones for the ZX1 when it arrives, so will wait for the pha-2 yet; tempted though!

I've asked Sony for an ETA on a UK pha-2 and HAP-S1, so will see if they comment or just ignore my mail 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back