Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
Mar 21, 2014 at 8:36 AM Post #4,351 of 7,711

Did you order early, as I understood they had stock on the 17th but only 20 units.

As I cancelled my first order (within the 20) to use the 20% discount for owning a Sony phone/tab I seemingly went out of the first 20 batch.

I must say, with stock in Germany etc, who only gets 20 units in a batch delivery; guess they really didn't expect to sell many 
eek.gif

Mine says delivery today or Monday, but I am not expecting it as its not shipped yet 
angry_face.gif

Getting impatient to use it now 
biggrin.gif

Ordered on 7th, received today.

I'm just getting started here but why isn't my embedded artwork showing up? Works fine on everything else. folder.jpg doesn't seem to work either.

Mar 21, 2014 at 8:52 AM Post #4,352 of 7,711

I'm just getting started here but why isn't my embedded artwork showing up? Works fine on everything else. folder.jpg doesn't seem to work either.

Use Sony Media Go for import and sync songs to WALKMAN. You can put the artwork into the songs using it.

However the artwork will not follow the WAV files to the WALKMAN when transfer. You have to put the artwork later using menu in Music app on WALKMAN or let Media Go convert your file to FLAC while transfer to WALKMAN.

Mar 21, 2014 at 9:03 AM Post #4,353 of 7,711

Ok same here for the first order and cancelled and reordered on the 10th; oh well, more waiting :) Enjoy!

Out of interest, when did the store say you would receive the item, as mine says -> Delivery: between 21/03 & 24/03

Mar 21, 2014 at 9:22 AM Post #4,354 of 7,711
I pre-ordered the day the pre-orders started working and it always said 21st-24th. I didn't expect that to be accurate to be honest. I chose the free delivery and got it next day too. Pretty chuffed. Sounds like the first shipment was a very small number of units though. 

Will post some detailed impressions later. On first listen, a very neutral, clean digital sound. Not going to be for everyone but I like it. 

Mar 21, 2014 at 9:26 AM Post #4,355 of 7,711

Use Sony Media Go for import and sync songs to WALKMAN. You can put the artwork into the songs using it.

However the artwork will not follow the WAV files to the WALKMAN when transfer. You have to put the artwork later using menu in Music app on WALKMAN or let Media Go convert your file to FLAC while transfer to WALKMAN.

Some of my embedded art seems to work, some doesn't. Odd.

Mar 21, 2014 at 9:47 AM Post #4,356 of 7,711
  I pre-ordered the day the pre-orders started working and it always said 21st-24th. I didn't expect that to be accurate to be honest. I chose the free delivery and got it next day too. Pretty chuffed. Sounds like the first shipment was a very small number of units though. 

Will post some detailed impressions later. On first listen, a very neutral, clean digital sound. Not going to be for everyone but I like it. 

Does it have the EU volume cap ?

Mar 21, 2014 at 9:52 AM Post #4,357 of 7,711
@ Rob49 I have an EU-One too (Germany) and I tried to figure out about the volum cap. I compared it with my J3 and the Covon is louder. But as long as someone who ordered from Japan compares it with a J3 and tells if it is louder or not, how is there a way to know?

For the art: I had only problems with difrent arts in the same folder. As long as in every folder there is the same art it shows up correctly (I embedded the art with Mp3tag and just dragged and dropped my mp3 onto the ZX1.

@ Vect: I love the picture with all your electronics. I am still debating to by the SBH52. 

Edit: some spelling and massage to Vect.

Mar 21, 2014 at 10:00 AM Post #4,358 of 7,711
  @ Rob49 I have an EU-One too (Germany) and I tried to figure out about the volum cap. I compared it with my J3 and the Covon is louder. But as long as someone who ordered from Japan compares it with a J3 and tells if it is louder or not, how is there a way to know?

Yes very true, that's the only definite way anyone will know. ( As much as I love my F886, I wish I could have been patient for the ZX1 ! )

Mar 21, 2014 at 11:00 AM Post #4,362 of 7,711

For the art: I had only problems with difrent arts in the same folder. As long as in every folder there is the same art it shows up correctly (I embedded the art with Mp3tag and just dragged and dropped my mp3 onto the ZX1.

@ Vect: I love the picture with all your electronics. I am still debating to by the SBH52. 

Edit: some spelling and massage to Vect.

Just curious how bad is the volume cap? How loud are you guys listening at anyway?
I supposed the cap be bypassed with an amp?

Mar 21, 2014 at 11:27 AM Post #4,363 of 7,711
  Just curious how bad is the volume cap? How loud are you guys listening at anyway?
I supposed the cap be bypassed with an amp?

With advice from fellow members I bought a Fiio E12 amp, and it solved the problem of the volume cap on the F886, so whether it's got a volume cap or not, it's easily solved. ( At full volume, just passable for me, needed a touch more....and the E12 more than provides that ! )

Mar 21, 2014 at 11:41 AM Post #4,364 of 7,711
With advice from fellow members I bought a Fiio E12 amp, and it solved the problem of the volume cap on the F886, so whether it's got a volume cap or not, it's easily solved. ( At full volume, just passable for me, needed a touch more....and the E12 more than provides that ! )

Ok, that sounds like the vol. is probably halved of the non-Cap model.

With the vol on my unit, 60% was bordering on deafening levels.
As a matter of comparison on an iPhone, thats about setting the cap at right under the letter 't'

Mar 21, 2014 at 11:42 AM Post #4,365 of 7,711
The new Cowon player has me on edge about keeping the ZX1....and my ZX1 is still in customs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back