Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
Feb 23, 2014 at 12:42 AM Post #3,871 of 7,711
  Yes, it works perfectly via stock DLNA and BubbleUPNP apps.  I have the 2012 500GB model.  That's one the primary reason why the ZX1 is so neat.

Many, many thanks purk. I'm waiting for the pre-order list, or anywhere, to place an order in the UK. Now I'm even more impatient. I've a pretty large (about 350GB) library of FLAC files and I've got used to having most of them available in some situations. To think I nearly didn't ask the question because I though it was dumb!!! That's a GREAT piece of news. 

Feb 23, 2014 at 1:21 AM Post #3,872 of 7,711

Many, many thanks purk. I'm waiting for the pre-order list, or anywhere, to place an order in the UK. Now I'm even more impatient. I've a pretty large (about 350GB) library of FLAC files and I've got used to having most of them available in some situations. To think I nearly didn't ask the question because I though it was dumb!!! That's a GREAT piece of news. 

FYI, once you lock on to the Wifi Drive, the Seagate will just show up as a wifi media server.  The rest is pretty simple.  

Feb 23, 2014 at 4:17 AM Post #3,873 of 7,711
Can anyone tell me if I can definitely go line out from the Sony Zx1 wm port through a mini jack to my Graham slee voyager, I'll take the jump to the chord hugo at a later date, I'm using sennheiser ie 800 in ear phones, I've got the colourfly c4 on loan and didn't blow me away.

Feb 23, 2014 at 6:58 AM Post #3,874 of 7,711
Can anyone tell me if I can definitely go line out from the Sony Zx1 wm port through a mini jack to my Graham slee voyager, I'll take the jump to the chord hugo at a later date, I'm using sennheiser ie 800 in ear phones, I've got the colourfly c4 on loan and didn't blow me away.

yes... I use the line-out via the WM-port.

Feb 23, 2014 at 7:16 AM Post #3,876 of 7,711
Has anyone bought from PriceJapan to UK via EMS? I ordered last Saturday, but it has been at customs since Tuesday. Little worried it's taking longer than it should.

Clearing customs can take a few days if there's a charge. If they marked it at 12,000 Yen, expect a bill for around £25 in the post from Parcelforce before they release it for delivery.

Feb 23, 2014 at 7:20 AM Post #3,877 of 7,711
Has anyone bought from PriceJapan to UK via EMS? I ordered last Saturday, but it has been at customs since Tuesday. Little worried it's taking longer than it should.

I'm on the same boat just as you, but waiting for the PHA-2. It has not moved from Thuesday night with the same "Awaiting Customs clearance".. Anybody knows how long it will remain in there?

Feb 23, 2014 at 7:25 AM Post #3,878 of 7,711
  Clearing customs can take a few days if there's a charge. If they marked it at 12,000 Yen, expect a bill for around £25 in the post from Parcelforce before they release it for delivery.

uk customs may even go as far as to open the packet and cross reference what is inside with an actual price on the sony website. expect to pay a bit more in fees. happened to me once. bummer.

Feb 23, 2014 at 7:33 AM Post #3,879 of 7,711
Ok thanks for replies, perhaps there maybe a bill when I get back home then as been away for last few days. I noticed the tracking number has been converted to a GB one, and just says "processing" which it has for a while ..

Feb 23, 2014 at 7:55 AM Post #3,881 of 7,711
This is actually on top of my DAP consideration list, after I realize that all of my IEM is already warm in the first place , the AK 240 wont be happening anytime soon due to the price (not that I don't want it , but I don't exactly have the money to get one) , HM 802 will prolly never come to indonesia, and I would have to take a look and compare between ZX1 and Fiio X5, the UI and everything else besides the sound sig to actually decide which DAP I will put my money on 

Feb 23, 2014 at 8:13 AM Post #3,882 of 7,711
Thanks Ok Guy, forgot to ask does it by pass the amp section as well for better sound, take it your happy with the sound quality?

Feb 23, 2014 at 8:15 AM Post #3,883 of 7,711
Ok thanks for replies, perhaps there maybe a bill when I get back home then as been away for last few days. I noticed the tracking number has been converted to a GB one, and just says "processing" which it has for a while ..

THanks for the heads up, it happened the same with mine...

Feb 23, 2014 at 9:09 AM Post #3,884 of 7,711
Thanks Ok Guy, forgot to ask does it by pass the amp section as well for better sound, take it your happy with the sound quality?

I've been using the Line-Out with my F887/PHA-2 for the last few days and in truth I'm pretty impressed... it does by-pass the amp section, volume will be controlled by your Graham Slee amp.

The Headphone-Out is on par with the Line-Out both giving a lovely clear signal.

on a separate note EMS/Parcelforce answer...

If you chose EMS delivery from Price-Japan expect a 72hour delay... 48hours for Customs clearance + 24hours for it to arrive at your local depot... you will receive a letter the day your package arrives at you local depot telling you how to pay any Customs, Parcelforce delivers the day after payment... FedEx is about three days faster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back