Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
Jan 26, 2014 at 1:23 PM Post #3,440 of 7,711
do you want investing on Hugo ?

I shall be ordering one this week... the AK240 won't come close performance wise, the Hugo is true 'hi-end' at a very affordable price, it does all the things I want it to do & more, I can't argue with that. 

the day is approaching where I will have to chose between a physical system (cd-player/amp/speakers) and a pc based one... the Hugo is the first real step in a pc based set-up... maybe.

Jan 26, 2014 at 4:55 PM Post #3,441 of 7,711
  http://rss.rssad.jp/rss/sonetrss/category19.xml

http://audiokun.doorblog.jp/archives/35457644.html

Hi turokrocks and others

Some may have the MDR-1Rs and the XBA-H3's.Could anyone give me a view on their sounds differences? I also have the MDR-1Rs and recently bought the XBA-H1's and I've found that whilst the H1's have fantastic base, the mid and highs aren't as clear as the MDR-1Rs and the response isn't as flat. I'm wondering if I should return the H1's and get the H3's with getting the ZX1 when I order it. How do you find the size of the H3's.

Jan 26, 2014 at 6:27 PM Post #3,442 of 7,711
I'm waiting for the fiio x5 to be compared to the zx1

Oh yeah and will one of you rich bastards please open up your zx1 so we know what the dac and wiring and circuitry look like, sony probably has the chip unmarked but who knows

I don't know this for a fact but from what I recall most sony Walkmans actually use cirrus logic chips

Jan 26, 2014 at 8:02 PM Post #3,445 of 7,711

I do not use Synology's packaged media servers anymore as I find Minimserver sounding better. Primarily the NAS is for the Lumin Network Music Player but I am so happy about the easy integration with the ZX1.

I would expect it to be bit perfect, although the scroll down page on the ZX1 does not give sampling rate details when used over DLNA. The Synology is definitely bit perfect, so there is no downsampling from there, as DSD files cannot be read by the ZX1. 

Just wondering if the ZX1 does but listening back to back the same 24/192 file....I am guessing not.

The convenience is incredible having access of over 3TB of music. 

Edit:

I should add that the Synology Packaged Media apps does not play DSD files

I use a separate dedicated server. Funny how all these bit perfect servers can sound different.
wink_face.gif
 I just installed Minimserver and will give it a go tomorrow. Grammy night.
smile.gif

Jan 26, 2014 at 9:37 PM Post #3,446 of 7,711
Some more discovery made with BetterBatteryStats on battery drainers, it appears that the ghost of Google Talk still remain even after you uninstaller it from the System apps. It is still generating a wake lock as GTALK_ASYNC-CONN-com.google.andriod.gsf. The fix can be found in the website below. Hopefully that's the last thing I need to do to prolong my ZX1's battery life.

http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s3/705608-solved-gtalk_async_conn-wakelock-some-battery-saving-tips.html

Jan 26, 2014 at 9:57 PM Post #3,447 of 7,711
I shall be ordering one this week... the AK240 won't come close performance wise, the Hugo is true 'hi-end' at a very affordable price, it does all the things I want it to do & more, I can't argue with that. 

the day is approaching where I will have to chose between a physical system (cd-player/amp/speakers) and a pc based one... the Hugo is the first real step in a pc based set-up... maybe.

Than I am waiting for your impression , until now has nobody wrote very good impression

Jan 27, 2014 at 3:02 AM Post #3,448 of 7,711
  Get well soon.

I use a separate dedicated server. Funny how all these bit perfect servers can sound different.
wink_face.gif
 I just installed Minimserver and will give it a go tomorrow. Grammy night.
smile.gif

Thanks very much. Will try to. Busy few days ahead with the Chinese New Year....

Would love to hear your thoughts on the Minimserver..........Watched the show this morning here, really enjoyed it!

I am really enjoying the ZX1 over DLNA, and gonna try and see how the battery does..................over the next day or so.

Jan 27, 2014 at 3:13 AM Post #3,449 of 7,711

Thanks very much. Will try to. Busy few days ahead with the Chinese New Year....

Would love to hear your thoughts on the Minimserver..........Watched the show this morning here, really enjoyed it!

I am really enjoying the ZX1 over DLNA, and gonna try and see how the battery does..................over the next day or so.

Can you detect any degradation in sound quality when play files from DLNA streaming?  I've been using mine since the 2nd days since I got the ZX-1.  Really loving it!

Jan 27, 2014 at 4:48 AM Post #3,450 of 7,711
Can you detect any degradation in sound quality when play files from DLNA streaming?  I've been using mine since the 2nd days since I got the ZX-1.  Really loving it!

Hiya..

We should have received our ZX1 at a similar time:)

No I don't notice any degradation, having said that I do have flu so ears are a little dumb down. However, I actually think file is loaded into the memory of the ZX1 and played from there rather than streamed.

Nevertherless, the versatility of using the ZX1 this way is awesome and highly recommended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back