Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
Jan 24, 2014 at 8:53 PM Post #3,391 of 7,711
  I could not registered touch the affected area any screen or app.
The screen is "Touch screen test" app.

I purchased with Sony Store (warranty 3 years)
Anyway, I will try to factory reset to confirm Hardware or Software issu

You bought from Sony Store in your country or shipped from Japan? If it's the former, I would just go the store and have them figure it out themselves since you are still under warranty.
BTW, what the warranty on the ZX-1? Since most out here have the japanese manual, I wonder if anyone took the time to find it out.

Jan 24, 2014 at 9:34 PM Post #3,392 of 7,711
Can the Sony ZX1 be used as a usb DAC for a computer?

Oh, and how do you guys feel the ZX1 is compared to an AK100/20

Jan 24, 2014 at 9:38 PM Post #3,393 of 7,711
Either wa
You bought from Sony Store in your country or shipped from Japan? If it's the former, I would just go the store and have them figure it out themselves since you are still under warranty.
BTW, what the warranty on the ZX-1? Since most out here have the japanese manual, I wonder if anyone took the time to find it out.

Either way that's what the warranty is for. Touch screen panels typically have very low defect rates by the time they come out of the factory.

I've been reading the Japanese blogs on sq comparisons with the ak120. Anyone care to share any experiences between that and the zx1? I have one on order but can still change my mind....

I'm looking at this as both a dap and a server to feed the Hugo.

Jan 24, 2014 at 11:07 PM Post #3,394 of 7,711

My friend in Japan bought for me.
So I have to ship ZX1 to him to claim.

I don't know detail in warranty also.
But Sony store provided more like be stolen, water, ... etc.

Jan 25, 2014 at 12:09 AM Post #3,396 of 7,711
Crossing my fingers for ZX1 to be under 800 AUD. 

After trying the AK120 and my current stack I can say that stack are still a better sounding option. with the release of onkyo app my ipod touch is once more used for more than just an app machine. My current favourite stack consist of DD socket 1 (muses 01)+627x. This combo brings a sound that I like to consider it as my reference. I like this combo more than AK120+627x setup.
If ZX1 can be similar to this sound with the 128 GB I can safely say that I am one more step for just focus on the music alone.

Jan 25, 2014 at 4:34 AM Post #3,397 of 7,711
  Can the Sony ZX1 be used as a usb DAC for a computer?

Oh, and how do you guys feel the ZX1 is compared to an AK100/20

I think the ZX-1 has a larger soundstage, tighter bass, and a brighter sound signature compared to the AK120. Another difference is the AK120 seems to have a blacker and more silent background compared to ZX-1 when using the GR07 MkII. I'm hearing a bit of hiss with the ZX-1 + GR07 at the moment. I don't know if this is true for other IEMs as the GR07 are the only IEMs I currently own.

Overall, I think both of these DAPs are on the same level, and it just depends on what sound signature you prefer. Although both are very neutral, I find the ZX-1 tends to be on the brighter side of neutral, whilst the AK120 to be on the warmer side. I just happen to prefer the ZX-1 sound sig so I'm looking to sell my AK120 now. But I will definitely miss certain aspects of the AK120, such as its volume knob, which I feel is better than the ZX-1 because it allows for finer control. I will also miss its USB DAC functionality and its unique aesthetics. To me, the ZX-1 just looks like a mobile phone

Jan 25, 2014 at 3:15 PM Post #3,398 of 7,711

The ZX1 screen is as sensitive as modern smartphone although the processor is not as fast so there is a bit of lag (ever so little) after it has captured your touch.

Seems like the person who posted on the 'bad' screen problem just made that post and disappeared while many others chipped in with their own set of speculation.

Not sure if it was a one time off thing and he is trying to make a big fuss out of it?

This processor is more than capable of running lag free. Android is to blame here. Have you ever used a Cowon J3? That thing is so underpowered in the CPU department its funny. But since their won OS is so light and finely tuned there is no lag whatsoever. Not even a little and their touchscreen UI is one of the best I've ever used in a portable device.

Heck even the X5 has a much less powerful cpu and it will not lag compared to the ZX1.

Hopefully developers move to this and put other versions of Android or other OS altogether to make this perform better

Jan 25, 2014 at 5:39 PM Post #3,399 of 7,711
  But Sony store provided more like be stolen, water, ... etc.

That must be accidental insurance where you pay extra in case damage is your fault.

Sony normal warranty should cover your problem since it is more of a hardware issue.

Either way send it back quickly and let us know how things go along, esp ordering from another country. Hopefully they'll send out a new one for me.... I mean you :)

I wonder if your model was one of those shipped after the first batch (where things must have been rushed)

Jan 25, 2014 at 6:04 PM Post #3,401 of 7,711
  I think it will go more to more of 900-1000 range. But since Australians are really nice and polite, maybe Sony will give you all a discount!

Australia is an amazing country but bargaining is not something common. As long as it cost less than what it will cost me to import it from Japan I am okay with it. this way at least it will support the movement and sony will realise that Australia is also a possible potent sector for them for high res portable market. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back