Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
Jan 23, 2014 at 6:18 PM Post #3,376 of 7,711
  The touch screen some zone doesn't work since yesterday.
My ZX1's old is 1 month and 1 week.

Try to reset but won't work T_T...

could you please elaborate more?... have you downloaded any apps that could of affected Walkman?

weird hope you get things sorted... if you bought from Price-Japan you'll probably need their help for 'warranty' purposes.

Jan 23, 2014 at 7:55 PM Post #3,377 of 7,711
Coming to Australia eh? Well I'm glad I waited this one out, though we'll have to wait and see how much it will cost compared to the Japanese market.

"If it sounds good to you, that's all that matters. " - Artstar

I just purchased mine from Price Japan and am waiting for delivery. I bet this thing will sell for $999.00 here minimum.

Jan 23, 2014 at 9:08 PM Post #3,378 of 7,711

could you please elaborate more?... have you downloaded any apps that could of affected Walkman?

weird hope you get things sorted... if you bought from Price-Japan you'll probably need their help for 'warranty' purposes.

The white dots shows registered touch, the black bar without those dots seems to be the affected area.

Jan 24, 2014 at 12:43 AM Post #3,380 of 7,711

what did you do to your player? I don't think this just happened like this out of the blue
confused_face_2.gif

Jan 24, 2014 at 7:09 AM Post #3,382 of 7,711
I could not registered touch the affected area any screen or app.
The screen is "Touch screen test" app.

I purchased with Sony Store (warranty 3 years)
Anyway, I will try to factory reset to confirm Hardware or Software issue.

Jan 24, 2014 at 8:41 AM Post #3,383 of 7,711
  I could not registered touch the affected area any screen or app.
The screen is "Touch screen test" app.

I purchased with Sony Store (warranty 3 years)
Anyway, I will try to factory reset to confirm Hardware or Software issue.

Seems like a hardware issue to me. Contact Sony.

Jan 24, 2014 at 4:39 PM Post #3,384 of 7,711
  Finally got my JH16 Pro FP back from JH Audio, and have been listening to ZX-1/PHA-2 combo with it.  I actually went through the entire Duran Duran Greatest Hits album - yeah, I am not necessarily proud of this - before moving on to my usual assortment of high res Jazz and Rock tracks.

To make the long story short, the JH16s proved to be a great match for the ZX-1.  I guess this is true in general with the JH16s, but there was just a lot of "good" bass - not boomy, but  just "meaty" and fast - with these earphones even when the ZX-1 was unamped.  I think whoever thought the ZX-1 was a little thin on the low end side should definitely try it with the JH16 Pros... With the PHA-2 added to the chain, I thought there was a marginal improvement (soundstage, mid-bass) to the overall SQ, but I could definitely live with the unamped ZX-1 with the JH16s.  The somewhat pronounced bass presence did not take away from other frequencies, and both the treble (good extension) and midrange (overall presence) were very much enjoyable.

BTW, the Yankees finally got Masahiro Tanaka, and maybe, just maybe, they won't suck like a vacuum cleaner next year... 

Like the Yankee plates....

Nothing wrong with a bit of the "Reflex"!   Try a bit of A-HA!

I have the 16's (non freqphase) but hear the same response with the 16's with a good sense for timing and fast tempo with it's spacious airy sound from the ZX1 which the 16's thrive on.  The sub bass region was the biggest surprise when I first heard the ZX1 with how low the floor is on these and the sonic wave booms with some heavy bass tracks really make the 16's rumble nicely but yet is always linear at the same time with so much detail to be heard in those bass notes.  But I am sure you are hearing that but more of with the freq phase version! 

Who ever did mention the thin bass must be reflected in the iems/ headphones they are using as the ZX1 does not shy away in that department.  

Jan 24, 2014 at 4:46 PM Post #3,385 of 7,711

twins2.jpg

GaGa's DNA routes have been traced to this imaginary world which explains why she is not on the planet they call earth. 

Jokes aside her bass kicks on the ZX1! 

Jan 24, 2014 at 6:30 PM Post #3,386 of 7,711
In general how sensitive is the zx1 on the touchscreen. Is it as responsive as normal smartphones?

Jan 24, 2014 at 6:42 PM Post #3,387 of 7,711
In general how sensitive is the zx1 on the touchscreen. Is it as responsive as normal smartphones?

Compared with my iPhone 5, I think the response is a little slower, but not so much that I notice it all the time.  It also depends on the screen protector you choose.  Mine is a Sony one that has matte finish, and it causes my fingers to slide on the surface at times...

Jan 24, 2014 at 6:45 PM Post #3,388 of 7,711

The ZX1 screen is as sensitive as modern smartphone although the processor is not as fast so there is a bit of lag (ever so little) after it has captured your touch.

Seems like the person who posted on the 'bad' screen problem just made that post and disappeared while many others chipped in with their own set of speculation.

Not sure if it was a one time off thing and he is trying to make a big fuss out of it?

Jan 24, 2014 at 7:04 PM Post #3,389 of 7,711

In general it seems responsive enough with the actual Sony screen protector on but it does seem to not respond when pressing the thumbnails in the library section at times, i.e. Artist or Album option.  Other than that is acceptable. 

Seems like the person who posted on the 'bad' screen problem just made that post and disappeared while many others chipped in with their own set of speculation.

Not sure if it was a one time off thing and he is trying to make a big fuss out of it?

Not seen anyone else experience this symptom.....as of yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back