Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
Jan 22, 2014 at 3:33 AM Post #3,361 of 7,711
Interesting. isn't the battery life on M8 relatively short as well (compared with likes of Rxmk3-b+)? I can see how this could still make sense for some people...not for me, though.

Jan 22, 2014 at 3:39 AM Post #3,362 of 7,711
Interesting. isn't the battery life on M8 relatively short as well (compared with likes of Rxmk3-b+)? I can see how this could still make sense for some people...not for me, though.

Not for me either so I skipped that rig for me
happy_face1.gif

Jan 23, 2014 at 1:17 AM Post #3,363 of 7,711
Finally got my JH16 Pro FP back from JH Audio, and have been listening to ZX-1/PHA-2 combo with it.  I actually went through the entire Duran Duran Greatest Hits album - yeah, I am not necessarily proud of this - before moving on to my usual assortment of high res Jazz and Rock tracks.

To make the long story short, the JH16s proved to be a great match for the ZX-1.  I guess this is true in general with the JH16s, but there was just a lot of "good" bass - not boomy, but  just "meaty" and fast - with these earphones even when the ZX-1 was unamped.  I think whoever thought the ZX-1 was a little thin on the low end side should definitely try it with the JH16 Pros... With the PHA-2 added to the chain, I thought there was a marginal improvement (soundstage, mid-bass) to the overall SQ, but I could definitely live with the unamped ZX-1 with the JH16s.  The somewhat pronounced bass presence did not take away from other frequencies, and both the treble (good extension) and midrange (overall presence) were very much enjoyable.

The JH16s can sometimes deliver too much bass with my old Fiio X3, and I often turn down the bass through EQ.  With the ZX-1, I actually can stay away from EQ all together and be happy with the bass level/quality.  Also, the JH16s reveal the ZX-1's ability to deliver better detail/resolution compared with X3, which I did not notice much with my "lesser" IEMs.

Can't wait to try the Roxannes on the ZX-1, if they ever get here...  I know AnakChan mentioned that the treble could be a little piercing, so I am trying to manage my expectations, despite my positive experience with the JH16 Pros...

BTW, the Yankees finally got Masahiro Tanaka, and maybe, just maybe, they won't suck like a vacuum cleaner next year... 

Jan 23, 2014 at 4:59 AM Post #3,370 of 7,711

Awesome news!!

Although I literally couldn't wait and my zx-1 should be here tomorrow or early next week 

Congrats to you. It is good news or me as I finally can audition something before making a purchase. Most of my purchases are based on blind commitment to the purchase and the rest is based on endless emails just so I can get a two week loan which still costs me two DHL express charges (which are not cheap at all).

All and I am happy that for once sony Australia is seem to be catching up.

Jan 23, 2014 at 5:55 AM Post #3,373 of 7,711
Jan 23, 2014 at 11:03 AM Post #3,375 of 7,711
Coming to Australia eh? Well I'm glad I waited this one out, though we'll have to wait and see how much it will cost compared to the Japanese market.

"If it sounds good to you, that's all that matters. " - Artstar

Users who are viewing this thread

Back