Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
Jan 20, 2014 at 7:55 PM Post #3,331 of 7,711

there is absolutely no valuable information in that review, as soon as I read this I knew it was going to be crap 'although I'd have liked to see more pixels to make it a better choice as an all-round media player'... obviously the point of this being hi-end music-player is completely lost on him... judging by the reply's it looks like it's got the thumbs-down from the 'beats' crowd.

Amazing how someone like that is allowed to get away with making a living with such vague assumptious random remark's he made on the ZX1.  
I thought it was a preview like Cnet tend to do but it was an actual review!  Where was the description and comparison on the actual sound quality and signature and how it pairs with various earphones or headphones?  Must of done this in one lunch hour from all accounts. 
Mr Hoyle is no better than the idiots who reply at the bottom who also remark without obvious education to knowledge from their comment's.  

Jan 20, 2014 at 8:08 PM Post #3,333 of 7,711
  Very nice pic. I bet it sound superb.

Cheer's,  the amp has plenty to enjoy and brings additions to the table hooking this amp up but will loose that emphasis on the special wide soundstage and lower sub bass quality the ZX1 has where the Duo amp clears up the mid's clarity wise with strings as well as bringing the mids a bit more prominent and add's more body to piano work which just gives it that more realistic edge on the ivory's as well as the top end actually been improved with more detailed focus.
(would explain the top end better if I was not so tired!)  

All swing's and roundabouts and nit picking between the two as I can happily listen it in both configs so yep... it does sound superb either way
wink_face.gif

Jan 21, 2014 at 1:28 AM Post #3,337 of 7,711

HD750 is senn's best kept secret, an easier to drive and well behaved HD800

Oh and on the other hand, I've talked to a friend who's leaving to Japan soon and I'll hopefully get my ZX1 by the end of February. Yay! :wink:

Jan 21, 2014 at 5:20 AM Post #3,339 of 7,711
  Hi All:

Does the stock player on this DAP have decent support for custom tags?  Specifically, I'm now using Jriver (on Mac) to manage my music collection and have been making extensive use of the "Composer" tag and an additional tag "Work" to manage my classical music.  It would be great to have a player that can understand this.  I used to use the Artist field for composer when I was using iTunes - I like the Jriver approach much better and would rather not go back to the old approach.

The organizational features of the Sony player software are pretty bad. You can't customize anything, You can't even get all albums for a genre without selecting an artist first, which would be very useful for classical music.

Jan 21, 2014 at 5:22 AM Post #3,340 of 7,711
  Having rooted my ZX-1, I have installed BetterBatteryStatus to see what can be draining my battery. It appears that Google+ are doing a few things in the background even though I turned off Wifi and turned on airplane mode. So I have deleted Google+ and its brother Hangout from the system apps (after backup of course) and it's now much cleaner! The other Sony apps don't seem to do much when you don't use them, so I've left them there.

I also noticed the battery drain from G+ after setting up the ZX1. Logging out of my Google account in the G+ app (not globally in the Android settings) fixed it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back