Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
Jan 8, 2014 at 11:43 PM Post #2,942 of 7,711
   There is so much detail to the K10-ZX1 combo I didnt realize I was missing some elements in my Audioslave CDs... Amazing :)

i have my k10 paired with this as well and ive finished burning it in for 100+hours.

with my hydra 8core cable, its more refined throughout the spectrum. the bass tightened and its such quality that made me go wow.

the trebs that i found a little harsh were tamed.

the mids are as lush as ever and i think the overall sound became smoother as well. the soundstage is impressively wide with a nice depth to it.

i have zero fatigue and i dont hear any hiss either.

i had the sony 1070 and it had hiss so i got rid of it.

i decided to get this over the AK120 for the purpose of UI and syncronisation with my itunes (transcoded to ALAC)

overall i prefer the ZX1 against the AK120, gotta love them hardware buttons and the sound discrepancies to my ears are next to none.

the cost savings alone allowed me to get a better cable!

really loving my setup now.

Thanks so much, both you guys
bigsmile_face.gif

Jan 9, 2014 at 4:39 AM Post #2,948 of 7,711
Oh god da***it another very good review with SE5way, you guys don't just let me go on buy FiiO X5 huh?
happy_face1.gif
Just kidding, I am happy to see it really pairs well. Since I will never get hard to drive cans, maybe I should take a look at it again. Mim and Greed both say it has enough power to drive SE5way.

I think for somebody who is going to use c/iem all the time, ZX1 is a hell of a dap.

Jan 9, 2014 at 4:59 AM Post #2,953 of 7,711

Hey I am a student buddy!
biggrin.gif

Buy it for education to figure out which is better 
very_evil_smiley.gif

The ZX1 is definitely a killer dap for someone like me who only uses (c)iems. I never understood the need for all that power that some of these daps have but that's just me.

Jan 9, 2014 at 5:01 AM Post #2,954 of 7,711
  Buy it for education to figure out which is better 
very_evil_smiley.gif

The ZX1 is definitely a killer dap for someone like me who only uses (c)iems. I never understood the need for all that power that some of these daps have but that's just me.

I will stay only in ciem world too but my SE5way is a little power hungry. However thanks to Mim and Greed I feel okay about it. On March (my birthday) I might get one to make myself happy.

Jan 9, 2014 at 5:42 AM Post #2,955 of 7,711

Considering ZX1's low output power, maybe Amperior could be a better choice. Most people were using amps with HD25 to get the best out of it.

A cable upgrade helps as well.  SPC really makes the HD25 sing.

But Amperiors are quite a steal these days...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back