Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
Dec 13, 2013 at 8:49 PM Post #1,816 of 7,711

You got more than one there, any extra you care to spare?
biggrin.gif

So sorry, there is no extra spare.
My friends also are waiting the ultimate experience.

Dec 13, 2013 at 9:02 PM Post #1,817 of 7,711
You're talking about ClearAudio+ feature. Could someone post frequency response for ZX1 with EQ off and with CA+ turned on? I've heard it only on my father's Xperia Z and in my opinion SA+ ruined almost whole SQ. Every note, point and step of music was a totally off the place. So basically I'm curious how CA+ in ZX1 affect FR.

Beside this, I'm waiting for CES 2014. On 6th January, Sony is going to show some products. There's a rumor about like 35 new/refreshed products, including portable and hi-res audio devices. I hope Sony could show something amazing again :)

EDIT: It's more like 15 device categories rather than 35 products, but still it's quite a lot of products coming next year.

Dec 13, 2013 at 9:13 PM Post #1,818 of 7,711

fkrieger... you not only sorted my PHA-2 problem but my PC one as well, since I used that link no more blue-screen shutdowns... I owe you a beer if ever you get to London.
beerchug.gif

My ZX1 arrives in the morning I believe and in a way I'm feeling quite trepidatious, I figure there might not be a big upgrade (if any) on the F887. Don't get me wrong I'm excited as I love the looks etc. but I miss my old Z1070 truth be known. The F887 is better than the Z1070 in every aspect but on some of my favourite music genres it leaves me cold, too much detail with no warmth if that makes sense, the firmware update has tweaked things slightly the highs don't seem harsh(?) anymore on certain tracks... maybe it's just a slight change in SQ to the WM-Z that I'm still not used to, who knows... things improve using the h/o with the PHA-2 as it adds a bit of warmth and incredibly more bass (not huge globules - h/o is better than line-out imo). I was going to buy some HD albums to see how things pan out with the Walkman's but I found some other albums that were hard to resist so I bought cd's instead, the only HD album I bought has underwhelmed me somewhat but I put that down to it being a 'live' one (Gov't Mule featuring Robbie Krieger(Doors).

http://www.livedownloads.com/live-music/0,9992/Govt-Mule-mp3-flac-download-10-31-2013-The-Fox-Theater-Oakland-CA.html

The way I kinda figure things is that I sold a £330 device and spent £800 to get the same sound almost (F887/PHA-2)... Head-Fi at it's best.
tongue_smile.gif

Disclaimer - I am seriously happy with my purchases, I was just expecting a bigger upgrade across all genres musically speaking.

hey ok guy it looks like i am the one that bought your red Z1070 from this site sold through fortisflyer i think i might be wrong though....you left your music on there and you have good taste in music i just loved the old school soul delfonics, stax albums harold melvin and the blue notes...its still going strong

Dec 13, 2013 at 9:39 PM Post #1,820 of 7,711
  hey ok guy it looks like i am the one that bought your red Z1070 from this site sold through fortisflyer i think i might be wrong though....you left your music on there and you have good taste in music i just loved the old school soul delfonics, stax albums harold melvin and the blue notes...its still going strong

so Fortis informs me, I was banned at the time (self-inflicted) and thought it would be inappropriate for me to list it under NG, anything you need to know pm me.

Love old soul do I... had a massive find today & leap straight on it, Tom Moulton remixes, bought the 'Philly Regroved 3' mainly for one song 'Be Thankful For What You've Got - William DeVaughn' which should be 9mins of pure bliss... if you scroll down you'll see a WM-player with loads of tracks loaded, some great taster mixes. 

http://www.discogs.com/artist/Tom+Moulton

Dec 13, 2013 at 10:02 PM Post #1,821 of 7,711
rudi,

Please try ClearAudio+ and report back. Most seem to not like it, but I absolutely love it. Also, listen to at least 3-4 songs before you decide. 

regards,
-wc

Hi WC
I have tried clear audio +
For some of my iems is better than without ca + in term of clarity and detail
Like to my fit ear mh 335 DW

For bright iems is over / to brite like to my er 4 p

WMZ ZX1 with Clear audio pair PHA 2 is excellent

IMO

Dec 13, 2013 at 10:11 PM Post #1,823 of 7,711
Hi Rudi, I wish I knew more about the firmware. I don't (yet) have the ZX1, so will have to defer to others on any difference pre/post firmware update.

I know that rolling back firmware with Sony products has been an iffy proposition in the past (based on history I have read regarding "jailbreaking" PSPs, etc.) There is a large community that does this for iPhones as well. With the NWZ-ZX1 not being out long enough in the market to have garnered a large "hacking" community I doubt there is a clear method to rollback.

This said, I thought that I had read about a "root" of the Android-based OS already for the ZX1 somewhere within head-fi? If this is the case, and the Android OS has been rooted for the ZX1, then I would imagine that one should be able to "snapshot" the firmware out of the box and then rollback to that firmware at a later time. However, if you are concerned about not being able to go back to the original firmware, I would not bother to upgrade until the product has been out in the market longer and a "hack" solution has been found.

Rudi... you can't go back I'm afraid... F887 update tweaked things slightly (I think), it's never a biggy with Sony they tend not to mess around with the SQ.

If you want to know about rooting etc. ask Sicko, check the Walkman threads.

Thank you 2 of you fir the information
I stay first with the original firmware Sq is very good

Dec 13, 2013 at 10:12 PM Post #1,824 of 7,711
Man this is so confusing. Was thinking of going ahead and buying one but now you mention this, I guess I can wait. Thanks for the info!
Quote:
There's a rumor about like 35 new/refreshed products, including portable and hi-res audio devices. I hope Sony could show something amazing again :)

Dec 13, 2013 at 10:17 PM Post #1,826 of 7,711
Rudi, please burn this guy real quick will you? I need to know once it has enough mileage what you think of it with you current setup. I would also like to know the pairing with their PHA 2 amp. Thanks in advance, until then let me drool over it. :atsmile:

Sony WMZ ZX 1 pair with sony dac amp PHA 2 is excellent

I use stock cable for hi res audio included in my PHA 2
SQ is excellent

I haven't try wit hubs dac cable

IMO

Dec 13, 2013 at 10:23 PM Post #1,827 of 7,711

so Fortis informs me, I was banned at the time (self-inflicted) and thought it would be inappropriate for me to list it under NG, anything you need to know pm me.

Love old soul do I... had a massive find today & leap straight on it, Tom Moulton remixes, bought the 'Philly Regroved 3' mainly for one song 'Be Thankful For What You've Got - William DeVaughn' which should be 9mins of pure bliss... if you scroll down you'll see a WM-player with loads of tracks loaded, some great taster mixes. 

http://www.discogs.com/artist/Tom+Moulton

sweet!!! Thanks ..i saw  bobby womack in concert recently it was brilliant..

Dec 13, 2013 at 10:48 PM Post #1,828 of 7,711
  I was affraid about one thing: Will it have enough power to drive my Denon AH-D600 properly (This is what I use as my portable headphones). The AH-D600 is pretty easy to drive, but with my Galaxy S3 and Note 3 simply didn't give the punch.. And this little gem does, it gives the punch like my Corda StepDance does, wow, I am so f.... happy :wink:

What about the Shure SRH840, which is rated at 44 ohms? These are my primary headphones, since IEMs aren't practical for me. Unfortunately, the ZX1's output power is apparently comparable to that of the Clip+. I'm leery; the Clip+ could drive the SRH840 to good volumes, yet I found the experience intensely fatiguing . Could someone please try the SRH840 with the ZX1?

Thanks,
Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

Back