Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
Oct 31, 2015 at 10:20 AM Post #7,126 of 7,711

I tested it for you. Have the E12a. Both solutions work. But to me the ZX1 alone sounds better than the Fiio E12a, especially the bass, but also the clarity is different. Headphone used was the Beyerdynamic DT1770 with 250 Ohms.

I'd get the Fiio if I was you and the LOD cable on top to find out yourself. Btw, the Fiio is a great boost for an Ipod Classic, not so much for this Sony.

Sony PHA amp doesnt give much improvement IMO....

Nov 11, 2015 at 1:12 AM Post #7,128 of 7,711
Sorry guys, I am a bit late to the game - how do I install apple music or Spotify on the ZX1?
I cannot get the ZX1 to show up in my google play account.

Nov 11, 2015 at 6:49 AM Post #7,129 of 7,711
Hi ,

Has anyone jump ship to iBasso DX-80? I try in out but i dilemma whether to go for it.... Somehow I find it bass and clarity abit lose out to Zx1 , but fear of ZX1 would be obsolete soon? Android OS no update sound abit scary...

Regards
Nobody

Nov 11, 2015 at 7:40 AM Post #7,130 of 7,711
Hi ,

Has anyone jump ship to iBasso DX-80? I try in out but i dilemma whether to go for it.... Somehow I find it bass and clarity abit lose out to Zx1 , but fear of ZX1 would be obsolete soon? Android OS no update sound abit scary...

Regards
Nobody

The ZX 1 is already end of sales. I would keep it it is a future classic.

Nov 11, 2015 at 8:04 AM Post #7,132 of 7,711
  Sorry guys, I am a bit late to the game - how do I install apple music or Spotify on the ZX1?
I cannot get the ZX1 to show up in my google play account.

I use a Windows laptop, and just plugged the ZX1 into a usb port.  Google play saw the ZX1 without me doing anything.

Nov 11, 2015 at 11:32 AM Post #7,133 of 7,711
People are buying the Chord Mojo, which is a newly releaed DAC that stacks with DAPs. Although some say they don't get massive battery life with the ZX1 and the Mojo stacked, it works well. Worth keeping any DAP now if you want to upgrade sound with the Mojo. Some people prefer the Mojo to the ZX2 or even the Astell and Kerns including the AK 240.

The Official Chord Mojo thread is going bonkers and getting about one hundred posts a day. The Mojo is compatible with laptops and PCs too so can be used where ever the user is. http://www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread-read-the-first-post-for-updated-info

I am looking for a phone to use as a file source to pair with the Mojo. However I would think having the ZX1 is a great option.

Nov 11, 2015 at 11:49 AM Post #7,134 of 7,711
  People are buying the Chord Mojo, which is a newly releaed DAC that stacks with DAPs. Although some say they don't get massive battery life with the ZX1 and the Mojo stacked, it works well. Worth keeping any DAP now if you want to upgrade sound with the Mojo. Some people prefer the Mojo to the ZX2 or even the Astell and Kerns including the AK 240.

The Official Chord Mojo thread is going bonkers and getting about one hundred posts a day. The Mojo is compatible with laptops and PCs too so can be used where ever the user is. http://www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread-read-the-first-post-for-updated-info

I am looking for a phone to use as a file source to pair with the Mojo. However I would think having the ZX11 is a great option.

ZX1 certainly works well with the Hugo.

Nov 11, 2015 at 12:45 PM Post #7,136 of 7,711
Thanks for your reply. May be I will reset my zx1 then try again.

Sometimes I forget to activate the "connect USB" screen with the litte robot when I plug it in.

Nov 12, 2015 at 1:55 AM Post #7,137 of 7,711
  Sometimes I forget to activate the "connect USB" screen with the litte robot when I plug it in.

Just a quite update, everything is good after I restored the ZX1 to factory setting.
The problem seem to caused by me not signing up to a google account when I first turn on the device.
Hence there was no google play app etc on the ZX1.

Nov 14, 2015 at 6:32 PM Post #7,138 of 7,711
Is anyone on here using their ZX1 with a portable amp? If so, which ones are you using and are you able to give some impressions?

Thanks in advance!

Nov 15, 2015 at 3:43 AM Post #7,139 of 7,711
Is anyone on here using their ZX1 with a portable amp? If so, which ones are you using and are you able to give some impressions?

Thanks in advance!

I have a PHA3, the sound quality is good but given its size and weight I rarely use it on the move.

Nov 15, 2015 at 3:47 AM Post #7,140 of 7,711
I using PHA-2 ... Sound very wonderful.... thinking adding a headphone amp to PHA Line out..... Overkill?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back