Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
Aug 6, 2014 at 11:04 PM Post #6,076 of 7,711
  I was checking out the Chinese teaser site for the upcoming flagship Sony headphones and came across another teaser image for a new Walkman device:

The metal frame looks beefier than the ZX1, but the buttons are reminiscent of those found on the F800/ 880 series.

Is this the new walkman the new flagship meant to replace the ZX-1?

Aug 6, 2014 at 11:08 PM Post #6,077 of 7,711
  I was checking out the Chinese teaser site for the upcoming flagship Sony headphones and came across another teaser image for a new Walkman device:

The metal frame looks beefier than the ZX1, but the buttons are reminiscent of those found on the F800/ 880 series.

Oooh interesting, Sony's on a roll!
popcorn.gif

Aug 6, 2014 at 11:35 PM Post #6,078 of 7,711
  Is this the new walkman the new flagship meant to replace the ZX-1?

Difficult to tell from the teaser image if it's the NW-ZX1 successor, as the style of the side buttons are in the F-series Walkman style (volume rocker instead of separate buttons for VOL (+) and VOL (-). 

For those interested the teaser is the first banner image on the top:

http://www.sonystyle.com.cn/products/media_player/index.htm

Aug 7, 2014 at 4:05 AM Post #6,079 of 7,711

Difficult to tell from the teaser image if it's the NW-ZX1 successor, as the style of the side buttons are in the F-series Walkman style (volume rocker instead of separate buttons for VOL (+) and VOL (-). 

A 256 Gb Version with DSD natif support ??? 
rolleyes.gif

Aug 7, 2014 at 4:55 AM Post #6,080 of 7,711

I can't see the buttons on my laptop's LCD screen's contrast. Can somebody edit the picture to artificially show the buttons?

Aug 7, 2014 at 6:06 AM Post #6,082 of 7,711
Thank you! Perfect.

Aug 7, 2014 at 11:00 AM Post #6,086 of 7,711

Oic, hopefully not the zx-1 successor so soon.....

Aug 7, 2014 at 9:18 PM Post #6,088 of 7,711

Im not sure why as well.....

Maybe a step down to ZX1. Don't think Sony is that careless to replace the ZX1 within a year
I hope this model stays around for some years and remains their flagship instead of bringing out new models every year and waste money catching up on technology.

Yeah from the pictures, it seems unlikely to be the ZX-1 successor and I really hope it will remain the flagship for a year or 2, its unlikely Sony would let the ZX-1 remain the flagship for that many years unless they feel that the demand is insufficient to justify the R&D else, they would churn out a successor within 1 or 2 years after the ZX-1 is on the market.

Aug 8, 2014 at 6:50 AM Post #6,089 of 7,711
Does anyone know which aftermarket cables from, say, Amazon can be used for charging the ZX-1? I can use the original for charging and synching but it'd be great to have a spare connected to a USB just for charging.

Aug 9, 2014 at 6:20 AM Post #6,090 of 7,711
Good day everybody,

I'd like to quickly introduce me as the new kid on the block in this forum. I kept reading silently for 2 years or so and got a wealth of very useful information during this time, thanks to all of your posts. Moreover I do enjoy the offtopics chats a lot too. (Especially the ones about how to approach the Mrs. in order to get clearance of new investment requests ...)

Starting  with portable cassette players, doing MD for a long period and finally ending up digital with ipods and smartphones, I would consider myself being after reasonably good quality but not aiming for the max. possible portable high end experience.

Connecting to this thread now: Currently I use a custom-rom HTC One with preferably the Beyerdynamic A200p and the Beyer T51p - which is a good enough combination for me. I sometimes switch to the Fiio E18, but actually prefer the warmer sound of the A200p.

My question (and upfront apologies if this had been asked & answered before, I read about 200 pages of this thread only) is: Did any of you compare the A200p SQ versus the ZX1 ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back