Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
Apr 25, 2014 at 7:08 AM Post #4,981 of 7,711

Hmmm... very interesting....*strokes beard* 
L3000.gif

And if your location is accurate its so much more convenient since both of us live in London. I might just want to do a comparison, though!!
Let me know :)

You're welcome to come over next week or later mate, pm me laters
beerchug.gif

Apr 25, 2014 at 7:17 AM Post #4,982 of 7,711
  Updated ZX1 firmware. In audio heaven at the moment. I can't believe how good the ZX1 is sounding. I'm sure glad I went with this over the other daps available. I honestly reckon the ZX1 is the best source / DAP around at the moment. Such refinement, such balance, such open sound, the sound stage is huge, airy, with a black back round. The bass goes looow, and the highs are just so dynamic now, can be as soft and airy as a feather, or crashing down like thunder. Same goes for the rest of the sound spectrum, just so dynamic now, the bass is insanely textured and the balance between mid bass and sub bass is perfect. The mids have a truly liquid feel to them, and they are now where they should be. Its unbelievable, i'm so happy with the zx1 that words cant express. When I listen to it i'm transported to another place, and I don't mean into the studio of the recording, but into the music it self! The ZX1 somehow manages to sound totally balanced and detailed, without being analytical at all. Its just liquid and so real.

Sony, I applaud you. (Or more specifically those at Sony in charge in charge of the ZX1) Thank you so much for this dap, thank you for not trying to be mainstream with the sound, but instead going for total reference in a truly beautiful way.

I don't own the ZX1, sadly, but have the F886. In the last few days, i have been listening to flac files converted to DSD, and have to say, it's a PURE MUSICAL JOY !!! I've never heard my portable music sound so good, just so live & natural, there's not a album / music genre that I have listened to yet, that I haven't been blown away by it ! I was so impressed with listening to flac 44.1 files.....but DSD is another level ! I can't ever imagine listening to anything less than DSD, anymore ? The only disappointment is the gapless issue, which apparently, is the same with all Sony's new Hi Res products, regards DSD playback ??

Apr 25, 2014 at 9:05 AM Post #4,987 of 7,711
Odd. Idle shouldn't be taking up that much. For reference, my nexus 5 is currently sitting on 5% for idle. Perhaps other zx1 owners can check their battery info.

Software up to date? If so, id try a master reset and start fresh. Warning. It will wipe the memory.

Not sure if you are familiar with android devices but resets more often that not sort out little niggles like thesr.

If that fails, sounds like Sony need to sort it out in an update then.

Edit: after idle, what's the next biggest drain?

Apr 25, 2014 at 9:09 AM Post #4,988 of 7,711
My F886 runs down on battery very fast if I either install apps that for some reason keep the system on or if I use the PHA-2. When I rooted it (I was on 1.10 firmware) I was able to disable many of the google applications included in the phone, this helped immensively, even when connecting the PHA-2 the battery would go down far more slowly than before.

Apr 25, 2014 at 9:36 AM Post #4,992 of 7,711
Now it's on 48% device idle; 15% media server; 14% com.maxmpz.audioplayer
It's down to 27% in just over 5 hours.

If you weren't doing anything else on the device, WiFi disabled etc etc. Basically just had the player sitting there then idle would be on top of the list. But that % is far too high. Not normal.

Try the master reset. See how that goes. If other zx1 owners report similar behaviour, as I said before, then Sony needs to put an update out to fix it.

If others aren't experiencing similar and the reset doesn't help. You may have a lemon on your hands...

Edit: to uninstall. settings - apps - All.

Find the apps you don't use and click on it and hit unistall. Some apps you won't be able to uninstall. So just 'disable' them instead ( in place of the uninstall button). If you don't know what an app/process is, then just leave it. Example, the com.android stuff.

Apr 25, 2014 at 9:45 AM Post #4,993 of 7,711
If you weren't doing anything else on the device, WiFi disabled etc etc. Basically just had the player sitting there then idle would be on top of the list. But that % is far too high. Not normal.

Try the master reset. See how that goes. If other zx1 owners report similar behaviour, as I said before, then Sony needs to put an update out to fix it.

If others aren't experiencing similar and the reset doesn't help. You may have a lemon on your hands...

Edit: settings - apps - All. Find the apps you don't use and want to uninstall. Click on it and hit unistall it. Some apps you won't be able to uninstall. So just 'disable' them instead ( in place of the uninstall button). If you don't know what an app/process is, then just leave it.

Problem may have been wifi. It's off now and airplane mode activated.
I'd still like to delete some apps though. In Settings>Apps>All I only get "force stop" or "uninstall updates", no "disable" or "uninstall"?

Apr 25, 2014 at 9:50 AM Post #4,994 of 7,711
Click uninstall updates. Once done, 'disable' or 'uninstall' button will become available.

Again, some apps can't be unistalled so just disable them. Only if you root can you delete what ever you want.

WiFi shouldn't drain that much. My nexus 5 says 5%. Unless you have it downloading something for hours....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back