Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
Jan 12, 2014 at 5:00 PM Post #3,136 of 7,711
You're the man, just as I was spending many hours last night looking for a dock and wondering if it could fit.. U just help me saved several hours of my life doing this research..

+1 to your rep..

Just ordered it from amazon..
http://www.amazon.com/WALKMAN-WM-PORT-adaptor-included-BCR-NWU7/dp/B002P67VE0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1389562459&sr=8-1&keywords=BCR-NWU7

No worries, thanks for the  rep. Glad I could be of help, I only recently got mine about the same price as I already had the NWU5 dock for my X1060 and never thought I would need the NWU7 dock as ironically my Dad already had this version for his old tall slim line A series Walkman and only got it because the NWU5 was already obsolete and hard to get hold off, so he already had it sitting there for when he got his ZX1.

Only thing is it won't have a plastic mould for it to sit snug in the dock so will have to just sit loose without the plastic holder, unless your one is a newly revised version including one designed to fit the ZX1 - let me know if that is the case when you get yours
wink_face.gif

I got mine from a UK seller on Amazon as well but only after clocking it in the F series promotional video on Sony Japan which showed the ZX1 sitting in the dock for literally a split second at the end of the F series video and done some homework just to clarify it was that dock and thank god it was!

Happy days, although it would of been cool if they had made a silver metal round dock to match the ZX1 but i'm just dreaming now... obviously!.

Jan 12, 2014 at 5:51 PM Post #3,138 of 7,711
  Question for you dock guy's: Will this base only work for charging since the headphone jack is at the bottom where it plugs in to the juice?

The BCR-NWU7 dock has a 3.5 line out jack so it can be feed to an amp if you wanted or active desktop speakers  if you wanted.  
It can also be used to play music through a media streamer/player using it's usb connection also.  

Jan 12, 2014 at 7:12 PM Post #3,140 of 7,711
  The BCR-NWU7 dock has a 3.5 line out jack so it can be feed to an amp if you wanted or active desktop speakers  if you wanted.  
It can also be used to play music through a media streamer/player using it's usb connection also.  

So the dock has a 3.5mm HO jack, like the ZX1? Can you charge it and play it simultaneously when its plugged into the dock?

Jan 12, 2014 at 7:52 PM Post #3,143 of 7,711

So the dock has a 3.5mm HO jack, like the ZX1? Can you charge it and play it simultaneously when its plugged into the dock?

Just to clarify you are talking about using the 3.5 jack on the back for the headphones direct?  If so not sure if it would work like that, although it is sending a signal out I am not sure how quality would be as it is meant to go into either an amp.  I can try it to see what the quality is like if that what is you are referring to?  
Again as I do not use it like that I need to check but I am assuming if when docked it goes into mass storage mode but can be turned off to Walkman mode so should just play when plugged in.  I can try this tomorrow evening when I get home from work to confirm.  

What are you trying to do essentially as it sounds to me if I've got this right you want to play the Walkman whilst in the dock and listen to it directly with the headphones out of the 3.5 jack on the back?  

Let me know on that and I will try it tomorrow night as the way I use it is to either just sync between pc using usb cable which charges it at same time or use as a flash drive when plugged into my Oppo Bluray player which acts as a media player.   

Jan 12, 2014 at 8:15 PM Post #3,146 of 7,711
I thought the dock 3.5mm jack is for line out...

Well, yeah like at a desk so you plug the ZX into the dock and listen while it's plugged in (and or) charging. Otherwise I guess it's just a connection device/port to hook it up to a receiver, preamp, etc. right?

Yep, that's why I think it's gonna sound a bit funny unless you have an amp to go into as Cosmic Holy ghost as concurred it is designed to be a line out.  

You could go through a portable amp from that if you wanted to charge whilst playing in the dock but would be changing the sound of the ZX1 somewhat.  

Jan 12, 2014 at 8:44 PM Post #3,147 of 7,711
There wouldn't be much point if it was not a line out. If it was a regular headphone out you might as well just use the dap and have it charging at the same time.

Jan 12, 2014 at 9:00 PM Post #3,149 of 7,711
  Just tried mine and to be honest as I always keep it in standby mode have not manually powered it down properly for donkey's now but just tired it and says shutting down - goodbye but if I press the Home button again it comes on straight away as if it has not done a full power shut down.  

Is this is what is happening to you or are you saying it will turns on again on it's own accord?

if I remember rightly when I do not use it for longer than 24 or 48 hours it goes into full shut down so next time it turns on it does a full boot up which takes about seven to ten seconds to be ready to go. 

I got it to complete shut down (without powering back on) sometimes but now it acts like what you are mentioning. I thought it was weird but since you also experience it maybe thats the way it goes. Manual does say it shuts down complete after certain hours.

Here is what I'm experiencing.

How do you compare the X And ZX-1 in terms of sound?

Jan 12, 2014 at 9:16 PM Post #3,150 of 7,711
  If you aer a Bass Lover, this pair is a good choice.
Bass detail is very good and impact full, ZX1 has increased soundstage wide, depth for my SE846, treble has increased a bit too, all sound are smooth for me.

Uh oh, this is bad news for my wallet! Makes me want the SE846 even more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back