Sony NWZ-F806 mini review (& F-series player reviews / impressions / discussion)
Sep 10, 2012 at 8:52 PM Post #47 of 2,024
Well since I can't stand the sight of myself on video, or the sound of my voice, I won't be doing one! 
cool.gif
  Also, don't have a decent video camera...

Sep 10, 2012 at 9:02 PM Post #48 of 2,024
Hi cn11, thanks for sharing your impressions on the F806.   Can i check how is the pairing of FitEar MH334 with the F806?  And with the arrow 4G?    I have both and has been interested in the F-series after selling my Z1060 due to the size.   

Sep 10, 2012 at 11:10 PM Post #49 of 2,024
Quote:
Hi cn11, thanks for sharing your impressions on the F806.   Can i check how is the pairing of FitEar MH334 with the F806?  And with the arrow 4G?    I have both and has been interested in the F-series after selling my Z1060 due to the size.   

No problem on the F806 review! The TG!334's pair very well with it. And if you add in the Arrow it is even better. The Arrow adds a bit of spaciousness to everything, and a touch more black space in between instruments. The Arrow doesn't introduce any issues with the F806, while accentuating that sense of scale. Physical size of the combo is pretty nice, as you could see in the earlier image- I like how thin both pieces are and it truly remains a highly portable rig.

Sep 10, 2012 at 11:30 PM Post #50 of 2,024
Quote:

No problem on the F806 review! The TG!334's pair very well with it. And if you add in the Arrow it is even better. The Arrow adds a bit of spaciousness to everything, and a touch more black space in between instruments. The Arrow doesn't introduce any issues with the F806, while accentuating that sense of scale. Physical size of the combo is pretty nice, as you could see in the earlier image- I like how thin both pieces are and it truly remains a highly portable rig.

Thanks.  Will check out amazon as it is not available in asia yet.  Cheers.  

Sep 12, 2012 at 6:20 PM Post #53 of 2,024
Thanks on the review!

There is no NC on this one....

Sep 12, 2012 at 7:11 PM Post #54 of 2,024
Quote:
Great review!

Stupid question about the F series, does it have noise cancelling!?

Quote:
Thanks on the review!

There is no NC on this one....

The noise canceling is only reserved for the Japanese domestic model I believe.  I wonder if the F walkman will ever be released in Japan and if so...will they get 64GB in storage.  Given that the new iPod Touch still maxed out at 64GB, it will be many more years before a flash player with 128GB of memory will surface.

Sep 13, 2012 at 4:47 AM Post #55 of 2,024
The noise canceling is only reserved for the Japanese domestic model I believe.  I wonder if the F walkman will ever be released in Japan and if so...will they get 64GB in storage.  Given that the new iPod Touch still maxed out at 64GB, it will be many more years before a flash player with 128GB of memory will surface.

I think you mean with built in memory, as the Dx100 from ibasso combining it's built in 64gb with a microsd 64 will yield the same result.

Sep 13, 2012 at 10:40 AM Post #56 of 2,024
Quote:
I think you mean with built in memory, as the Dx100 from ibasso combining it's built in 64gb with a microsd 64 will yield the same result.

I implied 128 GB built-in.

Sep 13, 2012 at 11:05 AM Post #58 of 2,024
Quote:
Here's a review I saw posted this morning on AllthingsD:

http://allthingsd.com/20120913/sonys-latest-walkman-easy-on-the-ears-not-on-the-wallet/

Thanks for posting that. Honest review, and makes some points I agree with. It is a bit pricey for a music player, but people who enjoy Sony's sound will probably not balk at it (like yours truly). 

I will link to it on the first page. 

Sep 13, 2012 at 11:17 AM Post #59 of 2,024
Quote:
Here's a review I saw posted this morning on AllthingsD:

http://allthingsd.com/20120913/sonys-latest-walkman-easy-on-the-ears-not-on-the-wallet/

Thanks for the link.  Sadly Walkman will continue to get bad reviews as most people could careless about excellent audio quality.  Heck a general public is easy to please with $10 earbuds and sub-par sounding audio players.

Sep 13, 2012 at 1:56 PM Post #60 of 2,024
^^ I agree - sound quality just isn't a priority for most people.

I think this player is perfect, and can be quite competitive with the iPod Touch but, as with most Sony products, the price is going to cripple this thing right out of the gate. 
When you compare this against the new iPod Touch that was released yesterday, there's no way that I could see most individuals picking the Sony over the new iPod (which has quite a few good features, like Siri, new screen, thinner than this Sony, quite decent 5 mp camera, etc.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back