SONY NWZ-A10 Series
Aug 13, 2018 at 9:52 PM Post #7,472 of 7,541
Hello, can a15 drive pinnacle p1?
with the manufacturer specs, you'd get somewhere around 100dB max. which can be a little weak depending on the use. I tend to suggest a source able to push a specific IEM/headphone to at least 115dB, just to be sure that under almost any listening conditions, loudness won't be the issue. if you're unsure about your listening habits and wish to aim for that 115dB safety area with those IEMs, you will probably have to forget about Sony DAPs.

also it's not exactly a new DAP, I get how ironic it can look while I'm using mine almost everyday, but it's still true. even just in Sony's A series, there has been 20, 30 and now 40. "new" or second hand, an A15 will still have a battery that's a few years old. so unless you can really get one for almost nothing, there are probably some interesting options elsewhere.

Nov 11, 2018 at 11:08 PM Post #7,473 of 7,541
Anyone tried the SanDisk 400 GB MICRO SD? Does it work with NWZ-A17?

Dec 29, 2018 at 12:15 PM Post #7,475 of 7,541
Whoa, looks like there's been a Rockbox port made for A10 and A20? (not just the NWDestTool) https://www.rockbox.org/wiki/SonyNWLinuxPort
Anyone tested it out? I guess since mine has already survived death a few times and I have other DAP to fall back on it would be a prime candidate for the procedure.
Too bad they discontinued these models, though I guess RB is a little out of fashion, might not be the selling point it used to be.

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2018 at 7:43 AM Post #7,476 of 7,541
Whoa, looks like there's been a Rockbox port made for A10 and A20? (not just the NWDestTool) https://www.rockbox.org/wiki/SonyNWLinuxPort
Anyone tested it out? I guess since mine has already survived death a few times and I have other DAP to fall back on it would be a prime candidate for the procedure.
Too bad they discontinued these models, though I guess RB is a little out of fashion, might not be the selling point it used to be.

I tried it, it installed fine but when trying to boot Rockbox I just get a message in green font that says "Cannot boot Rockbox", and then it just sends me back to the selection screen where you can boot the original firmware. That's as far as I managed to get.

Feb 26, 2020 at 12:52 PM Post #7,478 of 7,541
Does anybody know if the battery lasts longer when the player is connected to wireless headphones instead of wired ones?

Also, would the weak amp of A15 be a problem when connected to wireless headphones?
Answer to first question, I'm sorry I don't know. Never really measured or compared them. I tend to use my Sony phone for my Sony Bluetooth 'phones as they for some reason don't support aptx never mind Sony's own LDAC coding which is quite silly really?!? :frowning2: The A15, on the other hand, doesn't have AAC Bluetooth for the best available sound to my WF1000Xs whereas the phone does !!!! I do however use it occasionally with my Arcam miniBlink Bluetooth DAC (aptx and superb) and the battery life is good for many hours.

Second question: the Walkman's own amp is not relevant in this instance . All the amping (and the digital to analogue conversion) is done within the actual wireless headphone. The walkman is purely a transmitter/ transport like any other Bluetooth device. Hope this is of some small help?!?

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2020 at 10:32 AM Post #7,484 of 7,541
is there a recommended eq setting that is more dynamic than the base (all 0)?
pre-programmed are inaudible to me

Nov 11, 2020 at 5:53 AM Post #7,485 of 7,541
Does this player work with micro SD 512 GB?

I found this list https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/articles/00171492
Apparently it goes up to 2TB.

For the following Walkman series:

• NW-A100 series
  • NW-A50 series
  • NW-A3x series (e.g. NW-A35, NW-A36, etc.)
  • NW-A4x series
  • NW-A20 series
  • NWZ-A10 series
  • NW-ZX300
  • NW-ZX507
The maximum capacity storage is as follows:

• For microSD cards, the Walkman can support up to 128GB.
  • For microSDXC cards, the Walkman can support up to 2TB.
All Sony micro-SD cards currently available on the market are confirmed to be compatible.
Sony cannot guarantee full compatibility with cards from other brands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back