1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

SONY NWZ-A10 Series

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by leylandi, Jul 27, 2014.
First

Back
489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498
  1. Cyberpunk2077
    Hello, can a15 drive pinnacle p1?

2. castleofargh Contributor
    with the manufacturer specs, you'd get somewhere around 100dB max. which can be a little weak depending on the use. I tend to suggest a source able to push a specific IEM/headphone to at least 115dB, just to be sure that under almost any listening conditions, loudness won't be the issue. if you're unsure about your listening habits and wish to aim for that 115dB safety area with those IEMs, you will probably have to forget about Sony DAPs.

also it's not exactly a new DAP, I get how ironic it can look while I'm using mine almost everyday, but it's still true. even just in Sony's A series, there has been 20, 30 and now 40. "new" or second hand, an A15 will still have a battery that's a few years old. so unless you can really get one for almost nothing, there are probably some interesting options elsewhere.

3. The Walrus
    Anyone tried the SanDisk 400 GB MICRO SD? Does it work with NWZ-A17?

4. kinkling
    Sure does

The Walrus and Raketen like this.
  5. Raketen
    Whoa, looks like there's been a Rockbox port made for A10 and A20? (not just the NWDestTool) https://www.rockbox.org/wiki/SonyNWLinuxPort
    Anyone tested it out? I guess since mine has already survived death a few times and I have other DAP to fall back on it would be a prime candidate for the procedure.
    Too bad they discontinued these models, though I guess RB is a little out of fashion, might not be the selling point it used to be.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
  6. zamuz
    I tried it, it installed fine but when trying to boot Rockbox I just get a message in green font that says "Cannot boot Rockbox", and then it just sends me back to the selection screen where you can boot the original firmware. That's as far as I managed to get.

Raketen likes this.
First

Back
489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498