SONY NWZ-A10 Series
Sep 10, 2015 at 11:32 AM Post #5,536 of 7,541
Hi xylin6. Thanks for replying. Yes-I have tried "presetting" the volume from 15 or 20 level right down to 3 or 2 (or zero!) . In all cases when I pair up my music plays at the same fixed (high) level. And the volume rocker then has no effect (doesn't even show the moving slider thing!)

Hi mmet. Am intrigued that you say yours works?!  My player shows FW 1.10 and the Bluetooth version lists as version3.0.  Is yours the same?

Incidentally after posting my original query I googled and found some similar queries re Bluetooth volume controls being disabled in Sony's own help forum.. Didn't seem to be any helpful responses other than instructions on how to set up pairing!??  Which wasn't the question asked!!

Sep 10, 2015 at 2:27 PM Post #5,541 of 7,541

Hey!!!   MGS fan? Me too.  I was gonna purchase the A16 Metal gear but I decided to go with something more 80s / Walkman like:
Cayin N5
Threw a diamond dogs sticker on it.

Awesome! Got a pic?

As for my player I guess I am stuck with Japanese on the NW A16 MGS? 

http://www.sony.jp/walkman/store/special/zx2_a16_mgsvtpp/   

Sep 10, 2015 at 6:03 PM Post #5,545 of 7,541
  how much battery life on average are you guys getting?

I feel like I'm getting 20 hours only using FLAC files with 90% battery saver ON

i got batterycare ON arround 27h
batter  care off 40h

levae the battery mature, f.e turn off battery care off and charge discharge it 5 times (use your walkman for 5 cycles until it "dies")

these times are using FLAC 16 and 24 bits from typical 44.1 to 192Khz, i also don't fiddle with screen that much (screen brightness set to 1 and time-out 15 seconds) all gimmicks such as DSEE, clear audio etc OFF

Sep 11, 2015 at 1:03 AM Post #5,547 of 7,541
  I ordered the sep-up frim the H3: the XBA-A3 (xheaper than XBA-Z5) still not in my hands... seems funny amazon says pending for shipment and the seller "japaneseLady" says they shipped it yesterday

Thereason i am selling the H3 in favor of the A3, becaiuse some people here and other sites claim these are the incremental development of sonys previos Hybrid (as they developed a new linear-drive armature instead of rod-driven).

Even with an amp like my HA-2 i note the "tubey/hollow" sound of the H3's like played in a small bathroom / drain sewer / Underground subway station

The XBA-A3 has a very good price indeed and the best part is, I can get them in my country. I am very interested in the sound/volume and deep sound signature (without being amped) of the XBA-A3 paired with the A10 series. I will keep my XBA-H3 paired with the X series because for my ears, these seem to sound great together.

I'm looking forward for your impression after you get your XBA-A3.

Vielen Dank im Voraus :)

Sep 11, 2015 at 8:56 AM Post #5,549 of 7,541
The XBA-A3 has a very good price indeed and the best part is, I can get them in my country. I am very interested in the sound/volume and deep sound signature (without being amped) of the XBA-A3 paired with the A10 series. I will keep my XBA-H3 paired with the X series because for my ears, these seem to sound great together.

I'm looking forward for your impression after you get your XBA-A3.

Vielen Dank im Voraus :)

They've shipped them yesterday, arriving on september 11 to 17, hope no import tax :D unliely as mexican customs says if item doesn't exceeed 300 usd for ground transportation (not applicable) and 500 usd for air/sea mail (they come from japan)

Yes i will get the impressions as soon as i rip the package open :p

I am Gerry

ps you speak german or vielen danke is also used in romanian?

Sep 12, 2015 at 1:14 AM Post #5,550 of 7,541

They've shipped them yesterday, arriving on september 11 to 17, hope no import tax :D unliely as mexican customs says if item doesn't exceeed 300 usd for ground transportation (not applicable) and 500 usd for air/sea mail (they come from japan)

Yes i will get the impressions as soon as i rip the package open :p

I am Gerry

ps you speak german or vielen danke is also used in romanian?

Shipping taxes are very expensive in Romania as well. Say, for example, if I want to import a product from another country (non EU) that costs 300$, I would have to pay a tax of 200$ for shipment only and other delivery costs so that's why importing is not very convenient for us.

Vielen Dank im Voraus is in german which means - thank you in advance. I speak 4 different languages and german is one of them.

I'm Robert.

Looking forward for your impression of the XBA-A3 paired with the A10, Gerry :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back