SONY NWZ-A10 Series
Apr 8, 2015 at 6:57 PM Post #4,081 of 7,541
  How much did you pay for your card?  Two days is just very very long for me.  My 128GB PNY is done in 2.5-3 hours.  Unlike you I would not settle for anything less than 15 mb/sec transfer speed.

$AUD45 (around $USD32).

Note I said it took 12 hours, not the 2 days as originally anticipated and that long time was most likely not connected with the card at all but the inefficient way I was loading it.  I should have loaded the music files from the Meridian server (hooked up by LAN in the network) direct to a special file in this PC and then copied those files across to the card.  What I did do was to load the card direct from the server via this PC but that involved a lot of unnecessary handshaking with the USB2 connection throttling it all.

So please disregard my earlier comments about slow loading.  That was my fault, not that of the card.

POSTSCRIPT:  I have just been told that the latest firmware updates to the Meridian Sooloos server are causing problems so that did not help and most likely added to the slow speed.

Apr 8, 2015 at 7:10 PM Post #4,082 of 7,541
  $AUD45 (around $USD32).

Note I said it took 12 hours, not the 2 days as originally anticipated and that long time was most likely not connected with the card at all but the inefficient way I was loading it.  I should have loaded the music files from the Meridian server (hooked up by LAN in the network) direct to a special file in this PC and then copied those files across to the card.  What I did do was to load the card direct from the server via this PC but that involved a lot of unnecessary handshaking with the USB2 connection throttling it all.

So please disregard my earlier comments about slow loading.  That was my fault, not that of the card.

POSTSCRIPT:  I have just been told that the latest firmware updates to the Meridian Sooloos server are causing problems so that did not help and most likely added to the slow speed.

That's cheap but man 12 hours is still way too long for me.  They just got my PNY 128 for $70 here and I'm really happy about it.  

Apr 8, 2015 at 8:59 PM Post #4,083 of 7,541
   What Sony have packed into this minuscule player is as amazing as the audio quality so I'm one very happy camper :)

You are not the only one
beerchug.gif

Apr 8, 2015 at 9:42 PM Post #4,085 of 7,541
  That's cheap but man 12 hours is still way too long for me.  They just got my PNY 128 for $70 here and I'm really happy about it.  

Let me repeat IT WAS MOST LIKELY MY FAULT THE LOADING WAS SLOW - not that of the card.

No doubt it would take longer than the fast cards, but not to the extent I experienced.  Apologies for misleading people.

Apr 9, 2015 at 2:04 AM Post #4,086 of 7,541
  I have a question out of curiosity if youy can downgrade the firmware?

you can reset/format (by the menu). but I'm not sure everything really comes back as factory setting.

there is a backup that can be done onto the computer, probably suggested first time you plug the DAP or maybe with mediago?  but I don't know if it includes FW. those damn sony don't crash enough for me to know of those stuff. I never tried.
biggrin.gif

Apr 9, 2015 at 5:27 AM Post #4,087 of 7,541
New firmware update via MediaGo available:

Version 1.10

-adds support for LDAC Bluetooth Codec
-used Bluetooth codec can be manuelly chosen (SBC,aptX,LDAC)
-You can choose the quality level for each codec (focus on connection or quality)

Apr 9, 2015 at 8:30 AM Post #4,088 of 7,541

Version 1.10

-You can choose the quality level for each codec (focus on connection or quality)

i don't need the bluetooth or LDAC ... so i think i will stay on the FW 1.00 for a while 
bigsmile_face.gif

Apr 9, 2015 at 9:17 AM Post #4,089 of 7,541

Version 1.10

i don't need the bluetooth or LDAC ... so i think i will stay on the FW 1.00 for a while 
bigsmile_face.gif

in 1.00 if you let the DAP off for more than a day and see it make the complete boot when you press a button(instead of just waking up fast), does the bottom right button work and brings you the last song you played?

Apr 9, 2015 at 10:23 AM Post #4,091 of 7,541
oh you were the one who told us about it with last update right?
I remember checking it myself before updating, but I forgot about the result
rolleyes.gif

Apr 9, 2015 at 11:55 AM Post #4,094 of 7,541
A bit strange that under bluetooth connection even volume buttons won't respond....
Not to mention any other sound control....

Those are user selectable option under the BT setting menu.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back