SONY NWZ-A10 Series
Apr 1, 2015 at 6:30 AM Post #4,006 of 7,541
Do you have to reformat the card before you get folder view. I haven't reformatted it but the music shiws up in artist view. Album view, all songs etc. But i only gey a pop up message when i click on the folder view.

Hi you don't necessarily need to reformat your card in the player ...take the card out create a folder called music on it and put all your music in that folder ,the folders on the japanese version comes up in english when plugged into my imac so i just stick my music into the music folder. The key is to put your music into the MUSIC folder if you don't you will not see it. Go into the music icon in the main menu on your player navigate to the folder icon which is third from the bottom when you open it you will have the Player icon and Sd icon.
    With the player icon once again your music must be in the music folder . hope that helps

Apr 1, 2015 at 8:28 AM Post #4,007 of 7,541
  Hi you don't necessarily need to reformat your card in the player ...take the card out create a folder called music on it and put all your music in that folder ,the folders on the japanese version comes up in english when plugged into my imac so i just stick my music into the music folder. The key is to put your music into the MUSIC folder if you don't you will not see it. Go into the music icon in the main menu on your player navigate to the folder icon which is third from the bottom when you open it you will have the Player icon and Sd icon.
    With the player icon once again your music must be in the music folder . hope that helps

yes it is no that necessary to reformat .. i put the memory card from my Fiio X3 to the walkman directly and worked fine 

Apr 1, 2015 at 10:52 AM Post #4,009 of 7,541
This cover size is little ridiculous on Sony's part. I can understand this with
older non-android walkmans like x walkman. But in walkmans with large screens like Z, F, ZX series to me its a flaw and should be addressed in an update. Who in this day and age has to go over their collection and redo the tags when there is much to do these days?

Apr 1, 2015 at 11:28 AM Post #4,011 of 7,541
This cover size is little ridiculous on Sony's part. I can understand this with
older non-android walkmans like x walkman. But in walkmans with large screens like Z, F, ZX series to me its a flaw and should be addressed in an update. Who in this day and age has to go over their collection and redo the tags when there is much to do these days?

for me in the A-series(A17) looks good, is not as small as in the older A-series (818)

Apr 1, 2015 at 2:07 PM Post #4,013 of 7,541
I think the screen is somewhat the same size even with the A865 series. But it's big enough to support pictures above 500x500 pixel.
In sansa clip sport pictures look 'squished' with higher pixel quality. Now that's bad. That was my worst purchase ever!
for me in the A-series(A17) looks good, is not as small as in the older A-series (818)

Apr 1, 2015 at 3:43 PM Post #4,014 of 7,541
I think the screen is somewhat the same size even with the A865 series. But it's big enough to support pictures above 500x500 pixel.
In sansa clip sport pictures look 'squished' with higher pixel quality. Now that's bad. That was my worst purchase ever!

I remmeber the X series had a nice art size, while my new A17 displays them wonderfull I acknoledge sometimes is hard to read the album titiles or artists is the font in the arts are not so big but the pictured display fine to discenr quickly which album is playing.

The fiio x3 displayed the covers (forget the cropping on later FW) somehow pixelated even if the had a density of 300dpi and are 750x750 max, min 600x600

The iPod classic haha tiny square :/     and Yeah i couldn't tolerate a screenless player either
biggrin.gif

Apr 1, 2015 at 3:55 PM Post #4,015 of 7,541

Eeek, I got a clip sport to give my mom, such a disappointing player- I can live with crappy or no album art, but somehow the UI/Firmware performs worse than on the Clip Zip (super slow, and it woudln't even recognize track numbering tags so all albums tracks were played alphabetically), and no Rockbox port - though thankfully good enough for her purposes.

Apr 2, 2015 at 4:40 AM Post #4,016 of 7,541
I normally keep my A15 in shuffle mode. But a few times after I restart from pause, it seems to reset itself and stops being in shuffle mode. It plays the entire album or music of one artist, I think it is normally the album or artist that I was listening to before I paused.

I don't know if I have explained this very well. But has anyone else had a similar thing happen?

Apr 2, 2015 at 8:59 AM Post #4,017 of 7,541
  my first review on Head - Fi .... tell me what do you think ..... I know it is kinda chaotic 
http://www.head-fi.org/products/sony-walkman-nwz-a10/reviews/12827 

Great review, I wish I could write and describe things in this way, I can't so haven't done any reviews despite being so enthusiastic about some of my gear.

Agree with just about everything and this should hopefully convert other as yet unenlightened members to the benefits of this great player. Thanks

Apr 2, 2015 at 12:27 PM Post #4,018 of 7,541
  Great review, I wish I could write and describe things in this way, I can't so haven't done any reviews despite being so enthusiastic about some of my gear.

Agree with just about everything and this should hopefully convert other as yet unenlightened members to the benefits of this great player. Thanks

thanks for your kind words ... and thanks for reading my review .... wish this writing can help any one don't have the chance to try before buy like me ... 
and i think that my review is a bit chaotic as i had issues in arranging my thoughts on the keyboard !!

i appreciate that people here helped me too to make my decision of buying this wonderful player ... people like @gerelmx1986 &@ castleofargh are how inspired me to write that review .

Apr 2, 2015 at 3:19 PM Post #4,020 of 7,541
  Praise be to iGadgitz they've done it again. They now have an affordable leather case available

http://www.amazon.co.uk/iGadgitz-Detachable-Carabiner-Magnetic-Protector-Black/dp/B00VAKX4Y8/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1427804134&sr=8-9&keywords=igadgitz+leather++a15

Mine's ordered. Also available is a clear hard case.

Nice. Thanks for sharing. See, I might order this one, but not for protection, It is a solid and good looking case that says "hey guys, there's something of great value inside"  
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back