SONY NWZ-A10 Series
Mar 30, 2015 at 4:36 PM Post #3,976 of 7,541
  Sorry as I said didn't get a chance to listen to it but I think someone said on here its quite similar in terms of hardware and it is a Sony Walkman afterall; got to be decent. 178 average 4 1/2 star reviews on Amazon but, as usual for a Sony non Apple device, little coverage from professional review sites

Massive disadvantage is limited storage so for me A15 was and still is the one to go for, as well as lesser issue no High Res support. Netherless looks a good choice if you want an ultra compact quality device with great battery. Ideal for those who do a lot of travelling I suppose.

Also did get to listen to MDR1A with my A15 in a noisy environment. It seems a nice match with plenty of volume and super comfortable with decent isolation. However always disappointed with finish of these MDR1 modes with silver paint flaking off every display I've seen. I prefer my plastic to look like plastic.

they have a lot of similarities(physically), when opened they both show the same ideas and organization(more so than compared to an older A series). same jack input, same way to keep it in place while not soldering anything(I find this pretty clever, and changing a broken jack would take only seconds to the repairguy).
the 585 is really small that is true, pictures don't give the right idea most of the time. but I find it hard to use in the pocket, each buttons are too close and not well enough defined physically. the A10 works better for me in that regard.

Mar 30, 2015 at 4:50 PM Post #3,977 of 7,541
My a16 just arrived today and i must say that i'm surprised how gd this little thing sounds. I'll try and make a comparison with my f887 once i have more time with it but it is pretty close. Just want to ask though how do you view files from folder? I tried clicking on the folder icon on the music player but it won't let me go in. Also how do you power off the player it switches back on whenever a button is pressed.

Mar 30, 2015 at 4:53 PM Post #3,978 of 7,541
My a16 just arrived today and i must say that i'm surprised how gd this little thing sounds. I'll try and make a comparison with my f887 once i have more time with it but it is pretty close. Just want to ask though how do you view files from folder? I tried clicking on the folder icon on the music player but it won't let me go in. Also how do you power off the player it switches back on whenever a button is pressed.

Maybe you don't have files in the folders?, you have a microSD in? then go to Folder> MicroSD. Using internal memory? go to folder> System storage Or maybe you have the HOLD Switch ON thus precventing any operation

Mar 30, 2015 at 4:55 PM Post #3,979 of 7,541

Like gerel said, maybe not in the correct parent folder?

Holding down the 'Option' button shuts it off, but only in the suspend state... even with the hold slider on, it still flashes on when you hit a button, afaik no way to completely turn it off other than just not using it for quite a while (probably because it has to rebuild the library when you turn it back on).

Mar 30, 2015 at 5:56 PM Post #3,981 of 7,541
I tried clicking on the folder icon ib the musix player but i still can't get folder view. I have rhe japanese version so i don't know what's it saying...

mmmh try the reset hole in the back if that doesnt work press and hold  the Home menu button and go to settings the Luggage icon, then scrol down to the 8th Row press play, scroll to the 9th ROW (below battery care) , press play and in the first row press play again  click < then play and i think again < and play to reste factory settings I ASSUME IT'S JAPANESE WITH NO ENG MENU

Mar 30, 2015 at 7:05 PM Post #3,982 of 7,541
i am very happy with this player now ... REALLY happy ... that i don't put it off from my ears ... the sound .. the usability .. and battery life ..... this walkman makes me want the ZX-2 !!! 
ksc75smile.gif

Mar 30, 2015 at 9:36 PM Post #3,983 of 7,541
I tried clicking on the folder icon ib the musix player but i still can't get folder view. I have rhe japanese version so i don't know what's it saying...

and that's why I didn't go for the nippon version.
the music goes into a folder named music. it can work outside but not for all functionalities.

Mar 30, 2015 at 10:55 PM Post #3,984 of 7,541

and that's why I didn't go for the nippon version.
the music goes into a folder named music. it can work outside but not for all functionalities.

haha castle you seem to have a hard-drive memory.. totally forgot the name of the folder is MUSIC lol, i have a RAM-brain
biggrin.gif
 i tried to troubleshoot him by reseeting  everything haha

Mar 31, 2015 at 8:21 AM Post #3,985 of 7,541
Mar 31, 2015 at 8:45 AM Post #3,986 of 7,541
  Praise be to iGadgitz they've done it again. They now have an affordable leather case available

http://www.amazon.co.uk/iGadgitz-Detachable-Carabiner-Magnetic-Protector-Black/dp/B00VAKX4Y8/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1427804134&sr=8-9&keywords=igadgitz+leather++a15

Mine's ordered. Also available is a clear hard case.

cooool .... may be it will be its turn now !! ... i like the Dignis more but also it is very expensive to me !
redface.gif
 ... This one looks very sweet too and protect the player very well 

Mar 31, 2015 at 9:55 AM Post #3,990 of 7,541
didn't tried those following amps i am only suggesting names upon many reviews i've red  ... but they are widely known for their good sound

SO, may be someone tried them gives you a better image or better suggestions

1- JDS labs C5 
2- RSA the shadow 
3- headstage arrow 5TX ( but getting it isn't without hassle : may be some delays )
4- Fiio E12 A ( this is for iems version ) but i dislike fiio with sony for some reason !! but some people like it  ...
as for me ... i would go for one of the above suggestions instead 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back