SONY NWZ-A10 Series
Jan 19, 2015 at 2:27 PM Post #2,281 of 7,541
A few questions about the new A series player...

Does it still have the menu option to program folder skip + and -  to the up and down buttons?

What is the power difference between the 10mw per channel now and the older 5mw per Sony like what I have now in real world experience?

and

If it is a leaner sounding player does the EQ and CLEAR BASS do a good job of beefing it up??

Thanks and sorry if I missed any of these in my reading :)

Jan 19, 2015 at 7:04 PM Post #2,282 of 7,541
How's the A17 sounds compared to your home rig with the P7?

Quote:

So I spent the whole day (fiance is out of town and I am house ridden with a bad knee) lisrtening to the A17 and the P7 and I must say that yes, the P7 is better in most every way, but that being said, the C5 is a portable headphone, so I think it is a better match for such a small DAP like the A17.  Also, I know this will ruffle some feathers, but it's just my OPINION that people who go out in public with giant headphones on look like Goofs! That being said the C5 is a thicker sounding headphone that really gives some needed lushness to the A17.  The bass is awesome! The P7 is 22 ohm and 111 db/v @ 1 KHZ and the C5 is 32 ohm and 115 db/v @ 1KHZ.  I end up listening to the P7 a few numbers higher (17 instead of 14 on the A17 volume scale) and I wouldn't leave the house with them on anyway, so C5 it is for me as far as day to day listening.  Hope I am helping in some way...haha!

Jan 19, 2015 at 7:30 PM Post #2,283 of 7,541
  ¡Hola, gerelmx1986! Debes haberte llevado el último XD, hace como dos semanas también entré y lo vi disponible, pero como en ese momento no lo compré al día siguiente que quise hacerlo ya se había agotado. De hecho les llamé al 01800 y me dijeron que en unos tres días lo tenían, pero desde entonces a la fecha siguen sin tener ninguno disponible y ya estoy bien frustrada de estar dando vueltas
triportsad.gif

Thanks castleofargh! That sucks though, I was really hoping Price Japan would have their info wrong
frown.gif
. I wonder if Sony Mexico has no love for their customers, the way the A17 is so hard to get. Or if it's just my luck.

EDIT: Sorry for the misspelling, castleofargh! I'm embarrassed now.

asi me paso a mi, estuvo como casi dos meses agotado, hay otra tienda quese llama accesoryjack.com, mas no se si en esa manejen el modelo internacional o el japones

Otras son B&Hphoto.com, adorama.com (de EU)

No se olviden de Crutchfield.com!!! Ellos tienen opcion para enviar internacional si no me equivoco!
El mio lo compre de ahi, se supone que me llegue hoy a mi casa!! YAYYY!! (que conste, soy del Caribe, no Mexico! :wink:)

Also ordered the MDR-1A as well...

¡Muchas gracias por los tips, gerelmx1986! Vi tu post y me metí a averiguar, y como me encanta la versión del walkman en negro pregunté en la página de Accessory Jack sobre el envío, porque al menos a mí en lo personal Correos de México me da muuuucha desconfianza
confused_face.gif

¡También muchas gracias a gelocks! ¿Ya te llegó el walkman? ¿Ya lo estrenaste? Si no me contestan de Accessory Jack y/o me gana la impaciencia XD, me iré a Crutchfield aunque el walkman no sea negro.

Jan 19, 2015 at 8:03 PM Post #2,285 of 7,541

¡Muchas gracias por los tips, gerelmx1986! Vi tu post y me metí a averiguar, y como me encanta la versión del walkman en negro pregunté en la página de Accessory Jack sobre el envío, porque al menos a mí en lo personal Correos de México me da muuuucha desconfianza
confused_face.gif

¡También muchas gracias a gelocks! ¿Ya te llegó el walkman? ¿Ya lo estrenaste? Si no me contestan de Accessory Jack y/o me gana la impaciencia XD, me iré a Crutchfield aunque el walkman no sea negro.

Yes... Just arrived.

https://twitter.com/GelockS/status/557334395229851648/photo/1

Will check it out fully tomorrow I guess! :wink:
Igual con los audifonos! Ya esta un poco tarde aqui y estoy explotao (i.e. tengo sueno! LOL)

Jan 20, 2015 at 5:29 AM Post #2,287 of 7,541

3. DO NOT use Mp3tag to delete or embed the album covers, use MediaGo to delete the old album cover with progressive jpeg, then add back the converted jpeg with baseline jpeg, this should solve your problem (if you are like me, have a huge music library and have multiple source of obtaining album cover files, e.g. google, itunes, etc., it is quite likely that you are having the same problem, but I am just painfully more OCD about these sort of things)

Not sure I understand this statement, mp3tag has no issues with this player whatsoever, I've used it with 100% success with this player and the old A847 too.
The only issue that could crop up would be with the format of the file itself and not the software which I find to be excellent in use.

Jan 20, 2015 at 6:00 AM Post #2,288 of 7,541

3. DO NOT use Mp3tag to delete or embed the album covers, use MediaGo to delete the old album cover with progressive jpeg, then add back the converted jpeg with baseline jpeg, this should solve your problem (if you are like me, have a huge music library and have multiple source of obtaining album cover files, e.g. google, itunes, etc., it is quite likely that you are having the same problem, but I am just painfully more OCD about these sort of things)

Not sure I understand this statement, mp3tag has no issues with this player whatsoever, I've used it with 100% success with this player and the old A847 too.
The only issue that could crop up would be with the format of the file itself and not the software which I find to be excellent in use.

yup, the advice might be better with "do not use mp3tag if you don't know how to use it". as mp3tag can let you have many covers of many kinds under many tags(blame ID3 for that not mp3tag), so one needs to look for a few tutorials or fool around a little before he gets to use the software at full potential.
but the advice in itself isn't that bad, as mediago plays the role of some kind of itune(the good but also the bad...). by limiting the number of things, tags, and formats you can use, it might correct some problems on its own.
I still keep mediago for the sense me scan done on the PC, but else it's a really crappy software.

Jan 20, 2015 at 6:13 AM Post #2,289 of 7,541

yup, the advice might be better with "do not use mp3tag if you don't know how to use it". as mp3tag can let you have many covers of many kinds under many tags(blame ID3 for that not mp3tag), so one needs to look for a few tutorials or fool around a little before he gets to use the software at full potential.
but the advice in itself isn't that bad, as mediago plays the role of some kind of itune(the good but also the bad...). by limiting the number of things, tags, and formats you can use, it might correct some problems on its own.
I still keep mediago for the sense me scan done on the PC, but else it's a really crappy software.

I am not saying that Mp3Tag is a bad software, it is amazing, seriously, and I use it all the time.

But in this case, I seriously don't know why the covers embedded by mp3tag are not displaying properly but with Mediago, I can make it to work. I am using the same cover file but with mp3tag i just can't make it to work. I have already converted the file to baseline jpeg.

I have zero clue about why but that's how things turn out to be. I can't tell anything from the technical side.

if Mp3tag is working on your A17, then use it, it works like a dream. If not, try MediaGo, although it is far from perfect. In my case, only MediaGo is working for me so I have no choice. 

Jan 20, 2015 at 7:01 AM Post #2,290 of 7,541

I always use Media Go to transfer files to walman. Actually, it does not limit the formats you use. If you use the 'advance transfer' option, you can chose the 'never convert' option and Media Go will transfer your files as is, no matter what format, keeping the tags and the artwork intact. Additionally, you can chose to convert them to flac, mp3 or AAC on the fly as you transfer. You can also downsample 24bit files to 16/44 or 16/48 using Media Go. Yes, it can be a pain in the ass, but it's Sony's ecosystem and I found it to cause less complications than other third party software. . 

Jan 20, 2015 at 7:49 AM Post #2,291 of 7,541
I didn't know that the player was so tiny!!! So... portable (as it should be)!
After using DAPs such as FiiO X3/X5, Astel & Kern M100 AK100, and Sony's own ZX1, the A17 is surprising! Thin, light and good sounding as of now... (using with Schiit Magni... double amping, player volume at 25, no enhancements).

Jan 20, 2015 at 9:18 AM Post #2,292 of 7,541
  I didn't know that the player was so tiny!!! So... portable (as it should be)!
After using DAPs such as FiiO X3/X5, Astel & Kern M100 AK100, and Sony's own ZX1, the A17 is surprising! Thin, light and good sounding as of now... (using with Schiit Magni... double amping, player volume at 25, no enhancements).

you don't have the WMC-NWH10 Cable for sale?
biggrin.gif

Jan 20, 2015 at 9:26 AM Post #2,293 of 7,541
Quo

3. DO NOT use Mp3tag to delete or embed the album covers, use MediaGo to delete the old album cover with progressive jpeg, then add back the converted jpeg with baseline jpeg

I USE MP3TAG to delete progressive jpeg and then add the converted baselin jpeg

1. convert the jpeg (progressive) to baseline or another format such as bmp, png etc to jpg
2. in mp3tag delete the Old cover and click the save icon wait until ready is displayed in the info bar
3. put the new cover in mp3tag (the converted jpeg) as FRONT COVER and click the save button.

I have done this for years and it works fine, all my covers display on my walkman, in fact had 3 that won't display because they were prog. jpegs so i did the steps above for the three albums and now they are shown fine.

I do use mp3 tag to "mass-embed" covers to multiple files/folders

You NEED TO DO THIS ALSO TO WORK dude: resync your library in your Music Management Software, i do this in music bee, I have "continuosly scan for added/deleted files" (works for modified files too)

and then dude: delete the problematic files from your walkman (yes delete them) and add them again after the Music managemnt program added the modified files.

did this with those 3 albums, deleted fromwalkman and readded and now they are fine

Jan 20, 2015 at 9:50 AM Post #2,294 of 7,541

you don't have the WMC-NWH10 Cable for sale?
biggrin.gif

Hahaha no.
If I had it, I would definitely be using it!!! In fact, I might get it... it seems to be a bit expensive though... classic Sony...

Jan 20, 2015 at 11:39 AM Post #2,295 of 7,541
Been listening to the NWZ-A17 with the Bowers and Wilkins P7 again and I must say this is a great combo! If you like some mellow female vocal check out Rickie Lee Jones "Traffic from Paradise" on HDTracks, it sounds amazing! Like I said earlier, I only listen at about 13-18 tops on the volume scale depending on the album.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back