SONY NWZ-A10 Series
Nov 13, 2014 at 8:25 PM Post #1,247 of 7,541
Hi there...thank you for your kins approach... to make it clear I did a search before I posted the question here and I did read the reviews available here and other pages... I was just looking for some additional remarks espacially because the comparison in the link you posted does not talk about the bass in mx581 and I am a lil basshead...anyway all over now, have already received my new phones and they are just as good as the previous one pklus they look better and sturdier and the fit is nicer too...thanks again...promise wont post in wrong theard again....hehe...cheers.

Nov 13, 2014 at 8:56 PM Post #1,248 of 7,541
Also a line-in analog recording feature. Wonder if the English menu is available or not on the japanese unit.

Line-in probably isn't a Japanese A10 series exclusive feature. Just that you need to get the line-in adapter that is only sold in Japan.

Does anyone know how the A17 compares to the Xperia Z3 sony phone in terms of sound quality

Have Z2 (pretty much the same audio hardware as Z3) and I'll say they are more or less on the same ballpark.

Hi there...thank you for your kins approach... to make it clear I did a search before I posted the question here and I did read the reviews available here and other pages... I was just looking for some additional remarks espacially because the comparison in the link you posted does not talk about the bass in mx581 and I am a lil basshead...anyway all over now, have already received my new phones and they are just as good as the previous one pklus they look better and sturdier and the fit is nicer too...thanks again...promise wont post in wrong theard again....hehe...cheers.

If you really have to post an unrelated question, try quoting his previous post so (s)he and everyone else will know who and what you are talking about. Better yet, PM the guy.

Nov 13, 2014 at 9:39 PM Post #1,250 of 7,541
Guys, did anyone find any kind of protective case for it...i have searched extensively online and I didnt cope up with anything...a friend of mine is travelling to Japan and I will ask het to bring a case for me...but first I need to show her a picture what is available and what I would like...someone mentioned cases are already released in Japan but I can find any pics...anyone help pls...greatly appreciated.

Nov 13, 2014 at 10:07 PM Post #1,251 of 7,541
with the help of Japanse friend i found some at http://www.sony.jp/walkman/products/CKS-NWA10/

these really look nice

i do not know how to post a picture

Nov 13, 2014 at 10:16 PM Post #1,252 of 7,541
with the help of Japanse friend i found some at http://www.sony.jp/walkman/products/CKS-NWA10/

these really look nice

i do not know how to post a picture

Already ordered the flip case and it should arrive next week. Will post some picture when I got it.

Nov 13, 2014 at 11:09 PM Post #1,253 of 7,541

Already ordered the flip case and it should arrive next week. Will post some picture when I got it.

I am getting the silver A17, I like the green and black flip case - which one do you think would look better paired with A17 - thinking black case and silver walkman is a nice contrast and would look nice?

Nov 13, 2014 at 11:22 PM Post #1,254 of 7,541
I would like to add my impressions of this unit. I got this as a replacement for my a865 and previously used an a845. I had a paired this with my se846s and they worked pretty well. After a few years of use the a865 barely held a charge... so upgrade! 

On to my review. I would say the overall sound quality is much improved with the compressed files when comparing it to my note 3 or a865, but it really shines when flacs are being used. The sound is way more detailed, clear, and bright. I was actually shocked with the improvement. I would say its on par with my desktop amp (asus zonar essence stx) for clarity and detail. The one thing that really gets me is the battery life is insane. I can literally use it for days with out having to charge it and all while having the battery care option on. The UI is fast, fluid and easy to navigate.

The match between the se846 and a17 is pretty solid. There is minimal hiss which is pretty hard to do with these IEMs - there was more hiss with the a865. I previously used a note 3 and e18 but had to abandon it. On low volume the background hiss it was overwhelming, especially when listening to any orchestrated music. 

So my new solution is to use my a17 and I picked up a fiio e12a with a sony line out cable. I can say this combo has knocked my socks off! I had tried my e6 as a reference point. The e6 added a bit of depth but nothing amazing. However, the e12a really opens up the sound stage and really makes the se846s shine. For portability and battery life this little dap is pretty hard to beat. If you need a boost I highly recommend the e12a as well.  

Nov 14, 2014 at 1:49 AM Post #1,255 of 7,541
I am getting the silver A17, I like the green and black flip case - which one do you think would look better paired with A17 - thinking black case and silver walkman is a nice contrast and would look nice?

I am getting the greenish / blue case myself for my silver A15. Originally thought I would get the white case to match, but it was out of stock from where I was ordering. Nothing wrong with black case as well since black and silver is a classic combo, but I already have too many DAP with black case, so I want a bit of variety this time.

So my new solution is to use my a17 and I picked up a fiio e12a with a sony line out cable.

Nice choice with the E12A.

Nov 14, 2014 at 2:39 AM Post #1,256 of 7,541

I am getting the greenish / blue case myself for my silver A15. Originally thought I would get the white case to match, but it was out of stock from where I was ordering. Nothing wrong with black case as well since black and silver is a classic combo, but I already have too many DAP with black case, so I want a bit of variety this time.

Did you get a good deal on a case?  $50 is steep for a case tho.

Regarding amp, how about a used Pico Slim?  Spectacular amp especially with IEMs.

Nov 14, 2014 at 2:58 AM Post #1,257 of 7,541

Yup the greenish blue one looks inviting but I love the classic combo black-silver so I am gonna go with it...price listed on sony Japan is 3,250 which is roughly 30 bucks only...

Nov 14, 2014 at 3:11 AM Post #1,258 of 7,541
  Did you get a good deal on a case?  $50 is steep for a case tho.

Regarding amp, how about a used Pico Slim?  Spectacular amp especially with IEMs.

Yup the greenish blue one looks inviting but I love the classic combo black-silver so I am gonna go with it...price listed on sony Japan is 3,250 which is roughly 30 bucks only...

Got myine from Amazon Japan for around $35 or so. With Tenso forwarding, it is almost $50. However, I always buy a few things from Amazon Japan in single order so the shipping fee is shared across several items.

Haven't listened to Pico Slim for too long to recall how it sounds like, but E12A is very hard to beat.

Nov 14, 2014 at 5:21 AM Post #1,260 of 7,541
So my new solution is to use my a17 and I picked up a fiio e12a with a sony line out cable. I can say this combo has knocked my socks off! I had tried my e6 as a reference point. The e6 added a bit of depth but nothing amazing. However, the e12a really opens up the sound stage and really makes the se846s shine. For portability and battery life this little dap is pretty hard to beat. If you need a boost I highly recommend the e12a as well.  

Im using a15 with es10. There is enough of volume but if it can improve sound that much... Can you write some more impressions? Is it really that big of a difference to justify buying e12 and have to carry around this brick?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back